'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

Were gonna be fine with the rock im not worried about it more worried with if the offense and defense can pull in an impressive win and we can climb the ladder and catch us up with UF.....

This a recruiting thread buddy and worry denotes an abject lack of faith. Offense and defense posts are on the football links. We need a mountain to paint with this staff!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
florida would be crushed if Elam and Luc wore orange on Saturdays next year...

No we wouldn't. Greg Reid was a former 5-star Florida commitment that is tearing it up for FSU as a true freshman....yet we aren't crushed. Recruiting is recruiting and Florida will certainly get their fair share, even if Luc ends up a Vol and Elam de-commits for UT as well.

im sure it doesnt bother you that reid is playing at fsu and not uf... come on once you lose haden wright and black you will be dying to have greg reid

Does it bother me? Sure. But am I crushed? Heck no. I know that recruiting is crazy but Florida is Florida and we will get plenty of elite talent. It is starting to sound like Elam might not be a Gator and if that happens then it would suck but it isn't crushing at all.

I wouldn't get too excited about Elam. He has close personal ties to Urban Meyer, and I think he's just shopping around in case Meyer does in fact leave at season's end. And even then, I think UT would have a rough battle with WVU for his signature.

I wouldn't get too excited about Elam. He has close personal ties to Urban Meyer, and I think he's just shopping around in case Meyer does in fact leave at season's end. And even then, I think UT would have a rough battle with WVU for his signature.

Im sorry what im Allergic to TROLLS!!!!!!
just face it you hate we can recruit now.

I'm not expecting anything from Elam but it is nice to routinely get top-50 caliber recruits on campus. He's going to be a beast of an OLB.

Back2Back,

Dont kid yourself. Finding a replace for Elam would be tough but losing a talented prospect to a division rival would sting a lot.

This a recruiting thread buddy and worry denotes an abject lack of faith. Offense and defense posts are on the football links. We need a mountain to paint with this staff!

When i said catch us back up with UF.... i meant catch us up on getting back in it with this kid.

Back2Back,

Dont kid yourself. Finding a replace for Elam would be tough but losing a talented prospect to a division rival would sting a lot.

No, it wouldn't. As for a replacement for Elam, we already have Jon Dowling and last year we got Dee Finley. Those are 2 elite safeties. Combine them with Jordan Haden and you have a really good group of youngsters at that position.

And we constantly lose good recruits to division rivals. Georgia took Aaron Murray and Orson Charles from us last year. UT took Teague and Richardson. This is recruiting and recruiting can get crazy. You have to have the right perspective on it. Right now our class is off to an AMAZING start and we are the leaders for a bunch of other REALLY talented players (Dunkley, Chaz Green, Powell, etc) and we have a really good chance at guys like Luc, Jordan Hicks, Sharrif Floyd, etc.

Im sorry what im Allergic to TROLLS!!!!!!
just face it you hate we can recruit now.

You guys have short memories. UT had good classes in 2005 and 2007 and 2009. For most of my adult life, UT has recruited well in the SEC just like UF.

This is nothing new.

And don't let anyone say different, UF losing Elam would certainly hurt a lot. But stuff like that happens every year. You can't land them all. Some people get too excitable about all this recruiting stuff.

I'll stand by my opinion though. If Urban stays, Elam to UF. Hopefully EE.

No, it wouldn't. As for a replacement for Elam, we already have Jon Dowling and last year we got Dee Finley. Those are 2 elite safeties. Combine them with Jordan Haden and you have a really good group of youngsters at that position.

And we constantly lose good recruits to division rivals. Georgia took Aaron Murray and Orson Charles from us last year. UT took Teague and Richardson. This is recruiting and recruiting can get crazy. You have to have the right perspective on it. Right now our class is off to an AMAZING start and we are the leaders for a bunch of other REALLY talented players (Dunkley, Chaz Green, Powell, etc) and we have a really good chance at guys like Luc, Jordan Hicks, Sharrif Floyd, etc.

Lol, nobody took Orson Charles from you. It was a UT, USC, UGA battle.

No we wouldn't. Greg Reid was a former 5-star Florida commitment that is tearing it up for FSU as a true freshman....yet we aren't crushed. Recruiting is recruiting and Florida will certainly get their fair share, even if Luc ends up a Vol and Elam de-commits for UT as well.

I like your attitude. That is the way to look at it.

I get bummed for a minute when UT loses out on a top prospect, but that's how it goes. And then you land someone you didn't expect to.

It is sounding more and more like Elam will not be part of our class. The staff is pretty upset at the comments he made about WVU and this trip to Tennessee probably means he won't be a Gator. The recent offer of Riley also adds to the theory. I don't know if this means he is going to Tennessee or not but the "Elam will de-commit" smoke is certainly there.

VN Store

Back