Official: UT hires Kim Caldwell as the new coach for Lady Vols basketball

I like the hire .. Excited to see what she can bring to the Lady Vol program .. Hope she is given a chance .. it wonā€™t be easy .. tough to follow a legend like Pat .. but all good /great coaches have to start somewhere!! Wish her the very best and excited to see what she can bring this season ! šŸ€šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

The ignorance of this post. If anyone could win there, then they would have won every year before she got there. *Breaking News* they didn't.

This reminds me of how everyone didn't want JH, and he's killed it. She has won literally everywhere she's been, she will here too.
Dude any ā€œabove averageā€ coach can win there. Sheā€™s a great coach yes but not what we need.

Reactions: brittannica
Against schools in the sister of the blind conference. Come on anybody can win there.
Tell that to the other 13 coaches that got their ***** whipped by her...IN YEAR ONE šŸ˜… A coach can only perform vs what's in front of them.

Great coaches exist everywhere. Ask Pearl, Heupel, Oates....hell Pat had never even coached before and voila.

Winning coaches are winning coaches.

Tell that to the other 13 coaches that got their ***** whipped by her...IN YEAR ONE šŸ˜… A coach can only perform vs what's in front of them.

Great coaches exist everywhere. Ask Pearl, Heupel, Oates....hell Pat had never even coached before and voila.

Winning coaches are winning coaches.
Thatā€™s not true. You can be a great mid major coach and not good at P5 schools. so many examples of that.

Am I the only one excited by this? All she does is win.

Caldwell is 217-31 in eight seasons as a head coach -- earning eight NCAA berths across two divisions and winning seven total conference championships. Marshall was picked to finish ninth in the preseason Sun Belt media poll, but under Caldwell, the Thundering Herd averaged 85.3 points per game (fourth nationally) and forced 24.2 turnovers per game (second nationally).

Signed no players this year at Marshall. Has stated direct quote "recruiting is not my strength and I have to learn how to do that at the division 1 level." Her star player left the team 6 games into the season to join another team. Has played one ranked team in her career as a head coach - and lost that game by 43 points. Doesn't scream excitement to me.

Iā€™m sorry but this just isnā€™t a good hire. I cannot wrap my head around firing kellie who has proven she can atleast win for this. Itā€™s a slap in the face.

You have this completely backwards. Kim Caldwell has proven that she can make winners out of relative nobodies (her alma mater and Marshall for the first time in eons). KJH, on the other hand, was the worst coach ever to helm the women's teams at both Tennessee and NC State.

Signed no players this year at Marshall. Has stated direct quote "recruiting is not my strength and I have to learn how to do that at the division 1 level." Her star player left the team 6 games into the season to join another team. Has played one ranked team in her career as a head coach - and lost that game by 43 points. Doesn't scream excitement to me.
Wow! Well at least DW will give her millions of dollars for NIL so he wonā€™t have her fail or heā€™d look utterly ridiculous.

don't forget the combined record of her opponents is like 425-400

It doesn't take much to beat those teams, hence why she got railed in the tournament

I am sad that her dad (was on her staff in 2020) and a successful high school coach is not alive to see this moment for her. Imagine being a division 2 basketball coach 13 months ago and then waking up today as the head coach of The Tennessee Lady Vols.

VN Store

Back