Official: UT hires Kim Caldwell as the new coach for Lady Vols basketball

Yes, Jon was the post coach though. Says at least a little that we didn’t successfully recruit a single SEC caliber true center while he was working with the bigs.

View attachment 634281
Blaming an assistant coach for failure is not getting the point. ALL of it - the good and bad - goes back to the head coach.

Blaming an assistant coach for failure is not getting the point. ALL of it - the good and bad - goes back to the head coach.
And blaming the wrong assistant, esp when you know it's the wrong one, is just untruthful. It's been stated dozens of times that Joy coached the true posts and Jon coached the wings more. Though both Jon and Joy coached both at times.

Right. Was a bad recruiter, esp out of high school. It’s one of the main reasons she doesn’t work here anymore. Is this new?

Joy also coached posts, esp the 5s and Jon worked a lot w Sara and Rickea.

Are the grave dancers legs literally going to have to fall off their bodies before it’s enough?
Not dancing on anyone's grave. I like Kellie very much and hoped beyond hope she would succeed. I supported and defended her through five years, as I said I would for all of those years. I could have maybe supported one more year, but ultimately think that would have not made a difference. She's a good coach, but not an elite one. I'm not trying to attack her, just giving my opinion.

We shall not rest until the public flailing and stoning happens!!!!! Anything less is accepting mediocrity…..
I'm trying to talk the truth as I see it. Not trying to flog or stone anyone. And I don't think Kellie is mediocre. After all, her teams finished third almost every year in the 14 team SEC, so she is definitely a better P5 coach than most. I have no animus towards her or the her hiring process, like so many on here. But I don't understand the constant attacks on the assistant coaches. Maybe they were not good, but if so that's still the head coaches fault in not replacing them with better assistants. Every head coach is responsible for everything that happens in her program. Period. That's all I'm trying to say.

Not dancing on anyone's grave. I like Kellie very much and hoped beyond hope she would succeed. I supported and defended her through five years, as I said I would for all of those years. I could have maybe supported one more year, but ultimately think that would have not made a difference. She's a good coach, but not an elite one. I'm not trying to attack her, just giving my opinion.
I don't think the response about grave dancing was in response to you. Didn't mean it to be. The real gravedancers know who they are.

VN Store

Back