We do not win that game without…

But we got a game from Awaka we don't get every night. He essentially carried us scoring In the first half. And he picked up the slack where Aidoo couldn't finish at the rim.
I guess I just wouldn't really pick a player of the game. It was a team win. Aidoo had more points than Awaka, so not entirely true. Plus 3 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 1 steal. Then the clutch freethrows when the pressure was on. He looked really nervous about it, I don't blame him.

Reactions: KTrain
But we got a game from Awaka we don't get every night. He essentially carried us scoring In the first half. And he picked up the slack where Aidoo couldn't finish at the rim.
Yes this was my point, not saying no one else was responsible for the win. Definitely a team win and thank goodness! Go Vols!

In the words of Coach Summit," defense and rebounds win championships. " Win 4 more and voila! One game at a time...GO VOLS!

We don’t win without ZZ.

Period.
His defense was absolutely fantastic. But that might have been the worst offensive game he's played since the first South Carolina matchup. He was extremely reckless and was freewheeling way too much outside the framework of the offense. Tried to force way too many passes. Too many bad shots that weren't there. He really seemed to be pressing because not much was working offensively for anyone.

I thunk James played a little harder today after that heartbreaking shot he missed against Texas 2 seasons ago to give Barnes his first win over Texas.

Glad to see Barnes beat those bastards

I don’t think that Awaka can go more than 15 minutes without fouling out. So the best scenario is that he’ll be very productive in his 12-15 minutes on the court.

Defense, defense, and rebounds

Super ugly win that we don't get in prior seasons.

We need that shooting stank to wash away if we want to go any further.

This. How many steals did he have? We didn’t capitalize on the turnovers, but he was in command every drive. Something weird with the rim. Shots weren’t falling for either team.
We torched these same rims 48 hours ago, though. Very strange. Maybe a top-3 offensive performance and a bottom-3 offensive performance in 2 days time in the same gym.

VN Store

Back