Bama's new coach named - Kalen DeBoer

Yeah this one doesn’t scare me. Dude has a great record but let’s see if he can do it in the SEC. He will need to learn how to play defense in this league.

Reactions: Deebowbear
And they’ll be searching for one in three years, and after that, and after that three years, and after that three years, and on and on and on, on, on, on, on, and we’ll you get the picture. 😂😂😂

Reactions: UTvols#1

California, Stanford and Colorado do not equal LSU, Texas and Oklahoma.

Why do you pick those 3 out to compare to the other 3? Why not use Oregon, USC, UCLA, Zona etc? You’re right, year in and year out in recent history those schools I named haven’t had immensely sustained success but this year all were formidable opponents. And it’s all relative; the PAC 12 and Washington aren’t recruiting at the same level as the SEC so he’s beating “weaker” talent but also doing it with his own “weaker” talent. At Bama he’ll be able to tap into almost any player in the country.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Wonder how he will feel knowing that Saban is only 3 doors down? How
will his first loss go down with the fanbase?

This is much better for us than Bama hiring Kiffin. Kiffin will now take the Florida job next year
I don’t why it I don’t think of other coaches this way, but I would savor the fight if we had to play him every week. I would never dread that game, I would not be nervous…I would be there front and center every week, fully expecting that we are going to wax that ass.

Reactions: CDB
Maybe…. but I saw open Receivers running wide open the whole game!
Yep. Penix didn't play great. Missed some open throws, didn't see some open guys but.... had pressure from 4 guys in his face about all game. His Oline couldn't handle Michigan's front 4. That's what he'll see about every week in the SEC

Luckily Milroe is nowhere near the talent Penix is and Penix is gone. Don’t underestimate the significance of Penix’s play in Washington’s success. I am aware KD has been successful at a lot of other places too but let’s be real, Washington was the first big stage relatively speaking.

Don't think it's been mentioned but I'm pretty sure he was the offensive coordinator at Indiana when we played them in the Gator Bowl in 2020.
We won 23-22 but they had a good offense and IMO they outplayed us.

Also...the tight end coach on that IU team was former Vol assistant Nick Sheridan. He's been with de Boer since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndianaVol
Not sure about that. Cost Auburn
No Harsin didn’t try to recruit. He was either lazy or didn’t know the demands of recruiting in this league. His staff had southern/SEC experienced guys littered all over it. Harsin rightfully, in the grand scheme of things, prioritized family and time over football, but at this level that doesn’t work out too well when your cross state rival’s coach is putting in 100 hour weeks.

WTF does this have to do with Vol football 🤬 I’ve tried to hold off. Some really obsessed and infatuated with Alabama football more than vol football and it’s showing.
I feel this way when you turn on the TV and are showing the death of the queen of england or when they are showing wedding of the British so called royalty

VN Store

Back