Recruiting Football Talk VII

But OSU fans say Honda McCord sucks and they don't want him so they got what they asked for.
Yeah...but the one QB they had left got injured early...and it was ovah after that. The guy that had to finish the game was OSUs version of Navy Shuler...actually I am pretty sure Navy could do better than that guy...he was absolutely useless.

Reactions: Vols4us
Before the timeout he was. Not after. The WR punched forward the first time to cover him up, but then Dallas called a timeout. After the timeout he punched backward.
Yep. Totally botched by the ref. Not sure how he misses the tackle reporting when he is literally right next to him

Reactions: OrangenSC
Real talk. Call your shot who wins it all?

Not hopeful crap you'll recant later. Who does everyone believe will win it all?
I honestly don't know...I think any of them could win if things go their way. Alabama with a month to prepare is gonna be tough out for Meatchicken because like us, UM is pretty one dimensional...which makes shutting them down easier for Alabamas stout defense, especially with Saban having a month to prepare for them...

If UM is going to win, their QB is gonna have to have a great game, and their defense has got to hold up against the run and force Milroe into a bunch of 3rd and longs.

I have little feel for Texas and Washington.

It should’ve made them want to come together and compete against UGA for the legacy of the team and a FU to the NCAA. Yet they did the opposite, got boat raced and showed the world the difference in SEC depth and minor league football depth. That team looked like a NAIA team, not a bunch of 4 star prospects.
That's what I've said all along...they should have come with everything they had and tried to kick UGA in the teeth...if they did that, they could have declared themselves Champs and hung a 2023 NC banner in Doak Campbell and a lot of folks would have sided with them...it would have left them all a great legacy.

Instead they quit, which doesn't give me much place to believe they had the heart to win a slugfest with UGA to start with...

Screw em...they quit and that's all they will be remembered for by their fans...FSU uniforms getting annihilated and embarrassed....if I was a FSU fan right now I would be seriously thinking of checking out.

His stuff is extremely detailed..Rex is awesome at putting this stuff together.

And, if you are interested in the truth about Hugh Glass in 1500 words, as opposed to the Revenant version, here is my bicentennial tribute to his harrowing odyssey: The Odyssey of Hugh Glass: A Bicentennial Tribute. My next article in Distinctly Montana will be about Nineteenth-Century Plains Indian Warrior Women (yes, they did exist!).

Incidentally, if you haven’t already visited them, here are three museums you might be interested in the next time you are in the Yellowstone/Teton/Wind River Range area:

Museum of the Mountain Man (Pinedale, WY). Museum of the Mountain Man

Buffalo Bill Center of the West (Cody, WY). Five museums in one. Museums - Buffalo Bill Center of the West

National Museum of Military Vehicles (Dubois, WY). This facility is brand spanking new and focuses on 20th century American military history. Military History Museum in Dubois, WY | NMMV.org The National Bighorn Sheep Interpretive Center is also located in Dubois.

Last edited:
My guess one thing is getting rid of automatic qualifiers for conference champions to the playoffs. They also need to fix the transfer windows and I wouldn’t be opposed to going back to national signing day unless you are enrolling a semester early. You have coaches out having to recruit while they should be working on bowl prep.
My guess would be a college/employee model for the players with revenue sharing. Players would sign a contract with school similar to a coach with buyout clauses making it harder for the player to transfer or opt out of games.

This. Like the way their president said it. The committee chose based on potential instead of performance.
I cannot wait until transfers become immediately eligible. We’d see elite players who drop a game or two out of sheer luck transfer to teams that have a shot. You could see the last team in suddenly get 8 all Americans and win it all. I wonder if the lawyers will make this happen. Then, the regular season would truly be useless.

I would hate it (unless Tennessee) but I can see it heading towards this.

Yuge.gif
Haha. OC picked it up too.

Weller single is really good if you like Buffalo trace stuff. It’s 100% not worth secondary price but if you snag one at retail it’s a no brainer. Most of this stuff is not worth the secondary or store markups.

All of my bourbon has come from someone within the industry. I would never pay some of the prices I see just to drink it then watch it go down the toilet.

Yeah...upon further research there are several different ones....LeClerc free climbed one route, but he was with other climbers so it wasn't a "free-solo"...from what I understand no one has ever free climbed the "Freerider" route exceptfor Honnald...supposedly it is the hardest to do.

But I don't know for sure and I don't care to look anymore...they are all extremely ballsy no matter what...or insane..🤯
honestly just wanted to share the documentary. worth a view.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Luka reminds me of Bird with his all around game...

Luka is definitely a better shooter than Bird was, Bird had that killer instinct that sometimes I think Luka lacks...
The 3 point shot was at its advent during the prime of Bird’s career…now it’s a FOCUS. Substitute a third of the priority in setting up mid-range, low post or fast break points towards 3 pointers, and Bird would have set records Curry and Doncik could never approach…same with Maravich if the shot had been present during his prime.

Apparently only Tennessee fans know what's about to happen.
With these bowl games, the lines are all over the place. Vegas has been way off on a lot of them. It’s hard to predict with all the opt outs and transfers. Thing that concerns me most about our game is their roster is intact and we will have a lot of new faces. Not sure how that will affect the outcome of the game.

VN Store

Back