Recruiting Football Talk VII

Nico goes for 300+ and 3tds he will have a Lamborghini or Rolls Royce via NIL come start of spring semester. I’m sure he’s riding good right now but he can really cash in with the hype heading into spring ball. Seize the moment kid.

I love Yosemite...like I said, it blew my extreme expectations away...but I still love Grand Teton-Yellowstone more than any other place I've been so far.

It literally takes my breath away everytime we drive over Togwotee pass from th e east and you see those beautiful majestic rugged Teton Mountains across the wide Jackson Hole valley just soaring so spectacularly steep and tall above the chain of glacial lakes at their feet.

I don't separate GTNP and YNP...in my mind they are two beautiful and spectacular parts of the same place...ecologist call them, along with the Wind Rivers and Absorokas and Beartooths..."Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem"

Hi Ulysses,

Now that we have moved to Montana, I have been formally publishing a lot of content that would be of interest to you. Here are links to some, but by no means all, of my articles:

Larch Madness: Fall-Foliage Destinations in Northwestern Montana

Hunting for Color - Big Sky Journal

The North Fork of the Flathead - Big Sky Journal

A Prehistoric Path - Big Sky Journal

The Crazy Mountains: Montana’s Less-Heralded Alternative to the Tetons

Montana’s Annual Autumnal Gold Rush

The Sawtooth Mountains - Big Sky Journal

Age of the Mountain Man - Big Sky Journal

Grandeur of this Land - Big Sky Journal

Chief Mountain: Iconic Landmark and Sacred Site

In the Land of Giants - Big Sky Journal

Hopefully, I will have an article on the Wind River Range published in 2024 in Big Sky Journal.

Think this is a very simplistic way to think about it. Most are opting out to prepare for their next step in their career or they have hit to portal to a better opportunity. Dont think many are just quitting for the sake of quitting because they didnt get in the playoffs. JMO
They are payed to play now...so they have an obligation. These dudes can't have it both ways...it's 🦬💩.

I'm for guys getting a piece...but this is 🦬💩

How was the GTS? Similar to regular Stagg? Eagle rare is probably my favorite. I've been told the 12 is better than the 17. Thoughts on that one?
The GTS might be the best whiskey I’ve had outside of Penelope Rio.

It is similar to stagg in proof, but the flavor is more balanced in the GTS than the regular Stagg. (And the regular stagg is my favorite pour in their regular line)

Never had an eagle 12 but the 17 was nice… but the GTS blew it out of the water imo. Keep in mind these were both 2023 releases so yearly they change

He was ineligible on the line based on alignment anyway. There could have been more than one penalty.
Decker looks to be lined up correctly. Dan Cambell just said in the press conference the refs told him that Skipper reported eligible and Decker didn’t. Both Decker and Skipper say that’s wrong and it was Decker who declared eligible and that Skipper didn’t say anything to the ref when he came over, he was only talking to the other OL. So it’s a mess. The only credence I’ll give to the ref here is he does point at Skipper as he runs off. Decker is actually still yelling to the ref as the ref runs off to tell Dallas.

Where there is question on the illegal formation had nothing to do with the OL. It’s all on the WRs but it all seems legal to me.

1704001268822.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ugg and drvenner
I felt bad for them.until they quit...I hope they suck forever now.
It should’ve made them want to come together and compete against UGA for the legacy of the team and a FU to the NCAA. Yet they did the opposite, got boat raced and showed the world the difference in SEC depth and minor league football depth. That team looked like a NAIA team, not a bunch of 4 star prospects.

Before the timeout he was. Not after. The WR punched forward the first time to cover him up, but then Dallas called a timeout. After the timeout he punched backward.
Thought so too. The question im seeing everywhere in regards to illegal formation comes from St. Brown at the top of the formation. If he is too far back and not on the line then Detroit would only have 6 players on LOS. The other question is if Reynolds is covering Decker which he doesn’t seem to be IMO. He’s back enough.

Question though as I’m curious.. How far can a player be “off” the line before he’s actually off the line? I feel like I don’t always see WRs directly on the LOS and sometimes they are a half yard back and slightly leaning forward and still are considered on the LOS. Is there a threshold? Like, as long as you are within a yard of the LOS you are considered on?

Last edited:
Yeah...upon further research there are several different ones....LeClerc free climbed one route, but he was with other climbers so it wasn't a "free-solo"...from what I understand no one has ever free climbed the "Freerider" route exceptfor Honnald...supposedly it is the hardest to do.

But I don't know for sure and I don't care to look anymore...they are all extremely ballsy no matter what...or insane..🤯

WOOF. Ref said 70 reported, 68 didn’t. In the video below you can see 58 and 68 are in front of the ref and 68 is telling him he’s reporting and meanwhile the ref points away from them and at 70 who is running up to them. And then takes off jogging to tell Dallas. It does look like 70 yells something towards the ref but 68 was sitting there for a good 3-4 seconds telling him he’s reporting eligible and the ref never seemed to acknowledge him. What a blunder.

Ref also said the 2nd flag was for illegal formation but it was only because 70 was reported eligible but was covered by the TE. There was no issue with St. Brown or Reynolds covering Decker. So if the correct player was reported there would have been no illegal formation issue.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back