I think Ty Chandler is ...

Yeldon is listed at 6'1 but much closer to 6 ft. He was NEVER a power back at bummer.
Kamara is doing things no back has ever done in the history of the game as a backup, Chandler looks nothing like Kamara.
I saw Yeldon in person on the field when he was in HS when Daphne came to Prattville. He was every bit of 6’2” and was a man among boys. His thighs were massive and it looked like he had a 30” waist. He was chiseled. Prattville managed to hold him to 90 yds. rushing that game.

Or hedge your bets and shut up altogether. Win win for everybody.

Could you possibly be a more unhappy, miserable person?[/QUOTE]
Take a xanex, get laid, something. Need to relax

Last edited:
I saw Yeldon in person on the field when he was in HS when Daphne came to Prattville. He was every bit of 6’2” and was a man among boys. His thighs were massive and it looked like he had a 30” waist. He was chiseled. Prattville managed to hold him to 90 yds. rushing that game.

Some of these sting a bit to watch but like I said, never a power back in college and just over 6' tall. Video could easily be Chandler.

Could you possibly be a more unhappy, miserable person?[./QUOTE]
Take a xanex, get laid, something. Need to relax
These the inner rumblings in your head? What’s with the [/QUOTE] thing? Just how stupid a fella are ya? 🤔

Look at the clip of Chandler muscling up the gut for five yards Saturday that brought the phrase, "Power football" from the commentators. Ty's never scared to mix it up.

Reactions: Remy
Only time will tell with Chandler. He could surpass Kelly, but he will be very hard pressed to get past Kamara.

Kamara is the perfect illustrator of Butch’s stupidity. One can only wonder what he could have done with Dobbs if allowed to do so.

These the inner rumblings in your head? What’s with the
thing? Just how stupid a fella are ya? 🤔[/QUOTE]
Smart enough to to know you are only happy when you put down others. It’s ok. If that is what you need to get through the day, more power to ya. Just remember, you made a smart a$$ comment to me when I was agreeing with you about someone else’s post.

Now, I’m done with the pissing party with you and I will state my point again more clearly for you..... Ty Chandler shouldn’t be compared to the great UT backs until he can show his ability on a consistent basis. Then, he can be mentioned with Garner, Webb, etc. He’s good and I hope he continues to show it. 😃

Smart enough to to know you are only happy when you put down others. It’s ok. If that is what you need to get through the day, more power to ya. Just remember, you made a smart a$$ comment to me when I was agreeing with you about someone else’s post.

Now, I’m done with the pissing party with you and I will state my point again more clearly for you..... Ty Chandler shouldn’t be compared to the great UT backs until he can show his ability on a consistent basis. Then, he can be mentioned with Garner, Webb, etc. He’s good and I hope he continues to show it. 😃
I quoted your original response...BIG BOY. We had a minor technical disagreement but you couldn’t hold your inner douche in check. I have some genuine fun conversations with plenty of posters on here...even on this thread. If I have a problem with you? There’s a problem with you.

You make some good points and I can’t say what my exact profession consists of but I do study and work with the science of physiology. Let’s just say Ty’s measurements of athleticism would smoke guys of yesteryear. I’m so pumped for this teams potential.

I've always found these arguments intriguing and would be interested to see a comparison of these players measurables. 20-30yrs is a very short time for human evolution, pretty much not possible. The biggest change has been an increase in knowledge of nutrition and exercise science. Additionally, humans are limited by our own mental barriers. Look at the pursuit of the 4min mile. Once the barrier was broken by Bannister many others quickly followed suit and this can be observed in many athletic pursuits.

Long story short, I just disagree with you and ask, you think Chandler is physically more gifted than Jamal, Bo, or Herschel?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I've always found these arguments intriguing and would be interested to see a comparison of these players measurables. 20-30yrs is a very short time for human evolution, pretty much not possible. The biggest change has been an increase in knowledge of nutrition and exercise science. Additionally, humans are limited by our own mental barriers. Look at the pursuit of the 4min mile. Once the barrier was broken by Bannister many others quickly followed suit and this can be observed in many athletic pursuits.

Long story short, I just disagree with you and ask, you think Chandler is physically more gifted than Jamal, Bo, or Herschel?
This will get sneers but Ty is more explosive than any of those three. If you put Ty on the 80 Georgia team, the 85’ aAuburn team or replaced Jamal with us, he would split carries at worst. He would have had a field day in those eras due to explosiveness.

Chandler needs so may more touches than he is getting. Screens, slants, as an outlet receiver, sweeps, get him the ball he is dynamic. I'd even like to see him lineup occasionally in the wild cat he is a player.

This will get sneers but Ty is more explosive than any of those three. If you put Ty on the 80 Georgia team, the 85’ aAuburn team or replaced Jamal with us, he would split carries at worst. He would have had a field day in those eras due to explosiveness.
You train them today and specialize in one sport and they make Chandler look like a 60’s era Green Bay Packer.

I simply don't understand this line of thinking unless it's supposed to be in blue font. There is no metric available that would not have Hershel, Bo or Jamal absolutely elite by today's standards. And that's just moving them straight from then to now. Have them come up with today's training and nutrition and they'd be even better.

Now FTR this is no slight on Ty...it's just making an observation about the absolutely bewildering lack of appreciation for the immense (and thoroughly vetted) talents of the cited comparisons.

Reactions: GRN1926 and butchna
Bo, Hershel, Jamal, Barry Sanders, Earl...... those guys would be elite in any era. Size, power, vision and speed translate to greatness! If Ty or any UT back can be like them, fantastic for the Vols

Reactions: butchna

Yea, I laughed a little. No offense. Everyone has their own perspective and opinion and I respect that. Bottom line we are both glad Ty is on our team. I hope Helton opens things up more and continues to utilize him in different ways

Chandler needs so may more touches than he is getting. Screens, slants, as an outlet receiver, sweeps, get him the ball he is dynamic. I'd even like to see him lineup occasionally in the wild cat he is a player.
He got 21 touches last week, nearly half of our total # of offensive plays

It doesn’t matter really, but it’s personaly nice to see a local guy that I got to see a lot in HS do well! Real good kid and family. Happy when good things happen to good people.

Lol... there's no way this is serious.

Millennials hit the job market during the worst financial crisis since the 1930's.

Your know-nothing pastor should probably cut them some slack.

Bbbut the economy's great!? MAGA and all that! They voted them into office. Let them fix that economy with all that knowledge.

VN Store

Back