I think Ty Chandler is ...

Why do you say that? Do you think Bill Russell could have guarded Shaq in his prime?? Come on, get real bud!
I know enough to know that Bo and Herschel would manage just fine in today's game. They were both 25 lbs bigger and faster than Ty Chandler on his best day.

Reactions: butchna
Why do you say that? Do you think Bill Russell could have guarded Shaq in his prime?? Come on, get real bud!

how does comparing a player from the 50's who had no weight training or nutrition relate to comparing Herschel Walker who is still running sub 4.4 40's in his 50's? Take his age away and look at just his measurable's; 6'1" 225lbs 4.35 40... he'd be a top 5 draft pick in the NFL draft today even with the devaluing of the RB. Jamal Lewis was 240lbs and ran a 4.58 at the combine after tearing his ACL... put that on the field today and he is the best RB in college and an easy 1st round draft pick still.

I'm not sure what argument there is here

Reactions: bpalmer28
how does comparing a player from the 50's who had no weight training or nutrition relate to comparing Herschel Walker who is still running sub 4.4 40's in his 50's? Take his age away and look at just his measurable's; 6'1" 225lbs 4.35 40... he'd be a top 5 draft pick in the NFL draft today even with the devaluing of the RB. Jamal Lewis was 240lbs and ran a 4.58 at the combine after tearing his ACL... put that on the field today and he is the best RB in college and an easy 1st round draft pick still.

I'm not sure what argument there is here
Its the suddenness that Ty has that would be the difference and its not close.

Hershel Walker was a pusher on an Olympic Bobsled team. That's as sudden as it gets.
Doesnt require initial explosive burst with hip dispersion. Hard to explain to someone who doesnt get the physiology aspect of it, no offense intended at all.

Hershel and Bo would be Sam LBs in todays football

Bo would be whatever the hell he wanted to be. If you don’t think he’s the greatest athlete to ever lace up cleats, you clearly never saw him play. He had a linebacker’s body with wide receiver’s speed and a running back’s agility.

Reactions: Remy and AaronUT
Bo would be whatever the hell he wanted to be. If you don’t think he’s the greatest athlete to ever lace up cleats, you clearly never saw him play. He had a linebacker’s body with wide receiver’s speed and a running back’s agility.
A great athlete, just a different era. If you put Guarantano on the 96-97' teams, it would be scary what he would have been able to do during that time.

A great athlete, just a different era. If you put Guarantano on the 96-97' teams, it would be scary what he would have been able to do during that time.
Not an original saying, but, "Better to let people think you're stupid, than to say something and prove it." He would be 3rd string on those teams.

Not an original saying, but, "Better to let people think you're stupid, than to say something and prove it." He would be 3rd string on those teams.
Didnt ever say he was better than Peyton, said he would put up CRAZY numbers with those players around him in that era. Reading is fundamental.

Didnt ever say he was better than Peyton, said he would put up CRAZY numbers with those players around him in that era. Reading is fundamental.
I didn't think the players of the past were as good as today's?:confused:

Thats why he would light it up, strong arm and not as good of defensive players to go against.
But Peerless Price isn't as good as Callaway or Jennings? Right? Marcus Nash could't beat out either one. Forgot Joey Kent as well.

Couple that with the athleticism that not only allowed him to play pro baseball and football simultaneously but excel at both simultaneously. For example, I have yet to see a player before or since hit a routine ground ball at the AA level of baseball and beat the throw to first as I saw Bo do with my own lying eyes while he played for the Memphis Chicks. Last he was the MVP of the baseball All Star Game and MVP of the NFL's Pro Bowl within a 12 month span. No one has come close to that before or since, it was an athleticism on display that is seen once in a lifetime IMO.

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back