Is anyone else just....bored with it?

The only players worth watching is Banks and JJ. They show emotion unlike 99% of the team. We sleepwalk through games until the wheels completely fall off. Gotta give em a few years before we can judge though.

I agree with Finebaum for once. Bama is sucking the life out of college football. Shouldn't be that much separation year after year. It seems to be getting wider every year. I know everyone else needs to get their house in order but something ain't right down there.. Reeks.

If the NCAA cares about anything other than ratings and money, UNC and Bama would have gotten the death penalty years ago.

Reactions: onevol74
Well OP, the best thing you can do is simply quit watching the Vols and quit starting threads that serve no useful purpose to better the Vols football program. The only thing threads like this does is create division and show your ignorance with regards to what product is actually being put on the field. On the other hand, you could be a troll who is trying to start more division during bad times.

It's one thing to point out "problem areas" on the team (like the offensive line) but to call the entire program boring is way beyond your ability to evaluate an entire program. the old saying "if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all" is wise advice in this situation. Again, as a fan, tell me what USEFUL purpose do you have to start a thread like this? Good grief!

I think the team may improve their performance on the field by 0.0003% simply based on your post.

Was it the 26 point loss to WVU or the 26 point loss to FL or the 26 point loss to UGA that really highlighted the quality of the product on the field so far this season?

^^^THIS!!! If you find it that bad become a bammer!
GO VOLS!!!!

I agree with he OP sort of...but Just because I’m getting a little tired of the product and the fact that they are just flat out hard to watch and not very good and my level of interest week in and week out is declining doesn’t mean I want to be a Bama fan.

Admit it you know they suck and that it’s getting old

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
A teams "personality" is a direct reflection of the Head Coach. Unfortunately, CJP is about as dynamic as a stump. When he shows ANY positive emotion towards his football team will be the first time. I'm sure he's a good dude, knows football, etc. but he's just plain boring as ****.
Fulmer was pretty boring so ....

I think the team may improve their performance on the field by 0.0003% simply based on your post.

Was it the 26 point loss to WVU or the 26 point loss to FL or the 26 point loss to UGA that really highlighted the quality of the product on the field so far this season?
You guys are hilarious showing your lack of reading comprehension! Nice try but no cigar ...! lol

A teams "personality" is a direct reflection of the Head Coach. Unfortunately, CJP is about as dynamic as a stump. When he shows ANY positive emotion towards his football team will be the first time. I'm sure he's a good dude, knows football, etc. but he's just plain boring as ****.

Well, he did cry during a press conference. So there's that. :confused:

Well, he did cry during a press conference. So there's that. :confused:
Choking up there seemed a little more acceptable than Butch looking like a clown dropping to his knees and crying after Dobbs nailed the hail mary. Butch ought to give half his severance to Dobbs for bailing him out so much.

You guys are hilarious showing your lack of reading comprehension! Nice try but no cigar ...! lol

Nope.

Don't think I misread anything in your sanctimonious post lol.

Simply asking you which 26 point loss should give us hope that the product on the field is getting better and why apathy shouldn't be swarming over this fan base.

Just because they're my favorite team doesn't mean it automatically makes them entertaining to watch. The "rah rah" **** only goes so far. Bad/boring football is bad/boring football.

I can assure you no Vol fans like watching our team get whipped every Saturday but on the other hand, most of us will still continue to watch.

New Coach, New Scheme, New Culture, let’s wait and see how it all plays out.

Reactions: GoVols15
It would be nice if we had a little more excitement on defense.....sacks, interceptions, fumbles forced....something.
And that sucks even more because we force fumbles and they bounce right back to the offense. We have also dropped interceptions. We'll never win if we can't play well and get lucky too. Getting a break early in a game would be the spark that gets the team going, but instead, we create the break and then don't get the positive result...It's really uncanny.

It has nothing to do with the team; although, that is quite often the catalyst. It is called growing up. Congratulations! As you mature sports should mean less and less. Watching is still fun, but you will find that your happiness isn't dependent on the team.

I enjoy watching teams develop and improve but this team hasn’t developed or improved much. Maybe it starts tomorrow.

The ONLY excitement in the last few years was JOSH DOBBS. He Gone. PRUITT WILL get it going. When we are winning each week; I'll be happy with BORING! Ten Hut!

Nope.

Don't think I misread anything in your sanctimonious post lol.

Simply asking you which 26 point loss should give us hope that the product on the field is getting better and why apathy shouldn't be swarming over this fan base.
Yep! You obviously canot understand basic meanings of words! You just enjoy presenting meaningless arguments that is not worth any further response! Good luck in your basic English class! GO Vols! Win or lose, no whining!

Bored with it no but I also refuse to let it effect me negatively.

Ill watch every game but if we're getting smoked Im not gonna throw the remote and kick the dog. Ill just turn it off.

Ive always believed that the fans care more than the players and I always will.

Its a game that I care tremendously about but you also gotta remember that it is just a game.

We'll be good again one day and they just might give us a magical game this year but if they dont Ill still be alright and you all will too.

How ironic that after all the years of having coaches that knew jack squat about winning football and the fans hang on to hope. But as soon as we finally get a coach that knows very well what winning football looks and feels like, the fans are ready to dump him before the first season has played out

Im not ready to dump Pruitt.

He's got too much ball coach in him.

I dont think Pruitt is just good.

I think he has a chance to be special.

Yep! You obviously canot understand basic meanings of words! You just enjoy presenting meaningless arguments that is not worth any further response! Good luck in your basic English class! GO Vols! Win or lose, no whining!

You got intimidated by the use of the word sanctimonious and blew a fuse.

It happens. No harm no foul.

Spot on OP. I feel the same. Same went for last years team as well.
This. 100%.

I've been aware of Tennessee football since 1986 when I was 10. This last decade and the administration's lack of commitment to actually winning have made me apathetic.

There are games I haven't even attempted to watch in the last few years.

VN Store

Back