Is anyone else just....bored with it?

The game against Auburn was very exciting for me. All the games are! This one in particular is was great because my captain let me watch it at the station and we actually won haha. I’m with this tea 100% win or lose

LOL I love how you act like one game changes EVERYTHING. It doesnt. I'm very happy with the win. We got upset wins under Butch too. However you have to see the bigger picture. We are still facing a potentially bad season. Bama is a loss and every other game after that is going to be a dogfight to win. The win over Auburn was great. But a 4-8 finish is still a very real possibility.
So what. We were 4-8 last year and coach Pruitt inherited a team that didn’t know how to be a team. We took a giant stride on Saturday beating auburn at home. Now we just have to ride the momentum

LOL I love how you act like one game changes EVERYTHING. It doesnt. I'm very happy with the win. We got upset wins under Butch too. However you have to see the bigger picture. We are still facing a potentially bad season. Bama is a loss and every other game after that is going to be a dogfight to win. The win over Auburn was great. But a 4-8 finish is still a very real possibility.

So funny how this happens every day.

He didn't seem to be "acting" like all that crap you said, he just asked a question.

I understood your OP and didn't disagree, but the Auburn game DID change everything for me. I saw a spark in the team haven't seen this season. I saw progress. I see a possibility of winning a game or two more than I did before Auburn. I don't expect to beat Bama or sleepwalk through the rest of the season with no problem.

I look forward to seeing how well are prepared and how we perform against The Almighty Godlike Ala-fawking-Bama.

I'm anything BUT Bored.

Reactions: DD4ME
THAT game was fun to watch. OP wanted Calloway, Jennings et al more involved and he got it.

You'd think he'd be more appreciative.

Thinking about it this morning, I don't think my issue with this season is so much the fact that we're losing (though it does suck) as it is that they're just not a very fun team to watch. Even back when we were losing under Dooley, at least the offense was dynamic and we had playmakers that were fun to watch. However this team is just so blah. There's nothing dynamic about them. We have players on offense that I do believe are capable of being dynamic like Calloway, Smith, Jennings, Jordan, etc. But none of it is translating on the field. On defense, I just don't see anyone that ignites the team or the crowd. Watching this team play is like watching paint dry.
Are you still BORED? Fulmer is back and doing a very good job. I and many others are VOL fans for life and will continue to be

THAT game was fun to watch. OP wanted Calloway, Jennings et al more involved and he got it.

You'd think he'd be more appreciative.

I am happy that we won. However 10 years of garbage is not suddenly erased because of one upset win. I want to see this happen consistently. Like I said before, even under Butch we managed to upset a ranked team. How'd that work out? Bama is what it is. However I want to see how this team responds after Bama and finishes the season.

Reactions: tbh
I agree with the OP, overall it is a boring brand of football. I think poor execution and lack of confidence by the players really magnifies this at times.

With that being said, I do like seeing our QB under center and I sure don't miss Lyle's system.

I am happy that we won. However 10 years of garbage is not suddenly erased because of one upset win. I want to see this happen consistently. Like I said before, even under Butch we managed to upset a ranked team. How'd that work out? Bama is what it is. However I want to see how this team responds after Bama and finishes the season.

^ This. While I thoroughly enjoyed catching the game on the radio as I was driving to a concert at the Caverns in Pelham on Saturday, one win does not equate to a rise to the the potential that the program has...that said, it was a solid step in the right direction. I'm eager to see how the rest of the season plays out.

VN Store

Back