Is anyone else just....bored with it?

Wasting time on Saturdays these last few years has gotten old. Used to, I would schedule my weekends around the Vols games. Now, if I have nothing else to do - maybe. I'll check a few minutes of the game here and there. Typically there are two scenarios - UT is winning big b/c they're playing a HS team....or....UT is losing (or about to lose big) b/c they're playing a worthwhile opponent. A few minutes is all you need.
Years back I literally moved my wedding day because it was going to be on a UF vs UT Saturday. Now I do almost exactly what you describe. I still can't believe the state of things.

I don't think I can ever get bored watching CFB, pissed off? sure but never bored

Bored with watching TN football. Other games are pretty fun and exciting.... see the UK vs A&M games last weekend..... with UT we do play the games, but we pretty much know that we are out of it before kick off which is pretty disheartening.

Jordan doesn’t have the ability to be dynamic. Chandler does, not Jordan.
You are entitled to your opinion. Jordan is a baller and hard to leg tackle. People saying he doesn't run to the assigned hole aren't noting that the hole is plugged and he has a habit of bouncing it out usually from the left of center for some odd reason,(T.Smith?), which opponents are looking for. RB's can't stand to run the ball when the defense ain't gonna let it happen. I saw it with J.Hurd and it really doesn't make any sense. Chandler is a different animal altogether because he brings added dimension and defenses can't "key in" as well when he's in the backfield. When and if UT gets the OLine up to par Jordan will do well late in games eating the clock. UT has a good stable of RB's if Banks learns to grip the ball.

I agree with Finebaum for once. Bama is sucking the life out of college football. Shouldn't be that much separation year after year. It seems to be getting wider every year. I know everyone else needs to get their house in order but something ain't right down there.. Reeks.

At least bama fans are getting bored too lol.

Of course I'd rather be their kind of bored than our variety... oh well.

I don't see anyone right now that can play within 14 points of them. That's scanning the nation for a team, can't find one. I do think in the coming years it will gradually get tougher for them and that's a good thing. Maybe he retires in 5 years or so. He's has a formula no one else has. Assistants come and go and they don't skip a beat.
I feel that both ND and OSU could hold their own against Bama this year.

Given the opportunity I will always be watching the kickoff, but my tolerance for BS keeps weakening, and I am increasingly likely to tune out sooner and sooner. 17-point deficit seems to be my point of pain right now.

It would be nice if we had a little more excitement on defense.....sacks, interceptions, fumbles forced....something.

Reactions: AllVols
Practice isn't very entertaining to watch. And this entire season has been like one long, extended practice. It will keep being that until Pruitt starts seeing what he's looking for and we begin to win games. Once that happens, the games will start to feel like games again.

In retrospect, this shouldn't really come as a surprise to any of us.
Post #'s 63-65 were pretty good replies to the OP. A lot of negativity displayed through-out. The Vols have been one of the most exciting teams to watch over the years and I have to agree with the boring aspect of watching them currently. On the other hand, viewing the entire picture, seeing JP continually moving linemen around, I get the feeling he's looking ahead and developing the players he has and UT may strike gold in recruiting with Morris and Lampley locked in and Wright considering UT. I think the OLine, which we mostly criticize in negative manner, is "top priority" in this rebuild. We get those commitments and the depth will increase with the added bonus of most linemen knowing the different positions along the line will only help new recruits learn the system at a faster pace. Another bonus is you won't have a huge drop-off in talent and/or athletic ability when substituting. Just thought I'd attempt to drop in a ray of sunshine on VN amidst all the pouting being displayed.......GBO!!!!

Wasting time on Saturdays these last few years has gotten old. Used to, I would schedule my weekends around the Vols games. Now, if I have nothing else to do - maybe. I'll check a few minutes of the game here and there. Typically there are two scenarios - UT is winning big b/c they're playing a HS team....or....UT is losing (or about to lose big) b/c they're playing a worthwhile opponent. A few minutes is all you need.
We were visiting my daughter at her college on the UT/ UF weekend. They wanted to get supper but didnt want to interfere with me watching the game. I jokingly said ill only need 30 minutes then we can go eat. Never dreamed it would be true

Bored? How can you be bored watching your favorite team play football on Saturdays?

Sure, the results aren’t what you hoped for but that’s part of a rebuilding year.

Reactions: 24/7vol
Bored? How can you be bored watching your favorite team play football on Saturdays?

Sure, the results aren’t what you hoped for but that’s part of a rebuilding year.

Just because they're my favorite team doesn't mean it automatically makes them entertaining to watch. The "rah rah" **** only goes so far. Bad/boring football is bad/boring football.

The past 10 years have been rough. We had a couple decent seasons. But things feel ruined when you drop games against Candy or USCe. This year I have barely watched football. It's depressing to know they don't stand a chance. On the plus side, I've spent more time at the range and in the woods.

ND wouldn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of staying within 3 TDs of Bama.
Exactly. Just like the January 2013 National Championship game between them. Except this year's Bama team is better than the 2012 squad and this year's ND team is worse than their 2012. If they played this season it would end in a blowout the same way every Bama game has and will except for maybe Georgia in December.

2013 was a pretty boring season. No real weapons except a freshman Marquez North. Worley handing off the ball on a zone read for a yard. Devrin Young running 10 yards on a kickoff then scooting out of bounds.

This is why I said the program is close to dead.

Let’s be honest almost all the Vol fans are middle age guys or up at this point.

There are no band wagon kids jumping on this fun ride.

Most of us have kids, yards, jobs, vacations, friends......something that we take time away from to watch these games and I am at the point that I just don’t put the game at the top of my Saturday list anymore. If something comes up at the same time the game is on I may not even watched it.

I watched the first part of the Florida game then headed out to a karaoke bar with my wife and friends. The game was on a tv at the bar there but I just lost interest and didn’t even watch the fourth quarter.

Three years ago I would have told the wife to go ahead and I will catch up after the game. Not anymore. The AD clearly doesn’t value me so why value them. I used to go to three games a year, but haven’t been in two years. Just kinda over it.

Just because they're my favorite team doesn't mean it automatically makes them entertaining to watch. The "rah rah" **** only goes so far. Bad/boring football is bad/boring football.
You are obviously not a true fan then.

I bleed orange as much as the next guy, but seriously you are right, watching your team lose to every average and better team is not entertaining. It's not exciting when the kickoff hasn't happened yet but you know deep down that another loss is a foregone conclusion. I really hope Pruitt can turn things around and make UT football fun to watch again. You watch games this year like Texas/OU, A&M/Clemson, PSU/tOSU, etc. and it's like night and day different from the product UT puts on the field.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Had a blast watching OK-Texas last week. Will always be a CFB junkie.

Knowing there's a high likelihood of losing makes these Vols games hard to watch the past couple of seasons though. Losing and losing badly as we have kills any chance to get hyped up.

Jones sucked the life out of things even worse with his arrogant attitude and incessant excuse making. Pruitt is going about sucking the life out of things by taking the air out of the football on offense and watching his PCs and show feels like a slow motion lobotomy. Wouldn't care one iota if his team on the field actually showed that he could coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back