'18 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

Yep..We drove through Mesa on the day we went and drove the Apache trail. We went out through Superior to Globe, then went up by Lake Roosevelt and drove back the Trail from that direction...I loved it...just so beautiful.
Yeah I have friends that have never been here who literally are surprised when I send them pictures of grass/trees

Yeah I have friends that have never been here who literally are surprised when I send them pictures of grass/trees
I knew it was like that, but it is still just so shocking when you see it for yourself.

We drove up to Prescott one day, and you start out and are in Saguaros and pure desert up to your eyeballs in the Valley, then drive a couple of hours north into the mountains and you are in thick forests and grasslands...Amazing.

Dilemma on my hands. Our 12u game is Saturday at 7, away game, 2 hour drive.
Has anyone ever not checked in here or the score and waited til Sunday to watch? I honestly don't think I can. Will most likely be checking play by play or listening to it.
Decisions, decisions!!

Has anyone ever not checked in here or the score and waited til Sunday to watch? I honestly don't think I can. Will most likely be checking play by play or listening to it.
Decisions, decisions!!
Why it's a 12u game being played that late

Sad because we can only get 6 people to commit to watching the game in Phoenix saturday.

I'll be in Tempe Sat AM for a training bike ride with the wife (shes doing Ironman AZ in Nov). We have to head back to Tucson afterwards for our sons first club basketball game at 4 PM.

Wish I could stay for the watch party at the cabin tho. Maybe another wknd.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Why it's a 12u game being played that late

Great question!! They start their flag team at 1p, and then each team, C, B, and A (us), subsequently afterwards.
This is a new league we had to join due to lack of kids showing up for our normal league 12u team. We've always played on Sunday, starting at 9a. This league plays on Saturdays starting at 1p?!? It's ridiculous, but only for this year.

Great question!! They start their flag team at 1p, and then each team, C, B, and A (us), subsequently afterwards.
This is a new league we had to join due to lack of kids showing up for our normal league 12u team. We've always played on Sunday, starting at 9a. This league plays on Saturdays starting at 1p?!? It's ridiculous, but only for this year.
I coached high school ultimate Frisbee at one point and every game was on Saturday. Got done with them before noon so we could go watch the foosball after a hard fought win

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Decisions, decisions!!

I have to watch it Saturday night, but will probably check the score on breaks at work, maybe watch some on my phone or iPad at lunch, if I can.

Decisions, decisions!!
I never come on here until a day or two later. Usually after my second watch.

Really disappointing that we're going to have thousands of empty seats for the freaking FLORIDA GAME. What is wrong with this country!? Back in my day, we would've killed people to get Florida tickets at face value!

Reactions: ATC_VOL
it's a frat house. they aren't the beacon of class. I had a frat boy at Florida swing a blue dildo on a string around his head stating "This is you, Vol fan".

Commit and don't check your phone. Record it and enjoy the game while skipping through commercials
The thing about trying to wait and watch when you get home from work is, there are other Vol fans at work that you cant help but hear them talking about the score. Happened to me every time I tried that lol.

Really disappointing that we're going to have thousands of empty seats for the freaking FLORIDA GAME. What is wrong with this country!? Back in my day, we would've killed people to get Florida tickets at face value!

These two programs are as weak as they’ve been in a generation. Literally zero implications on the national stage or even in a Conference division. Maybe Butch’s first or second year was equally lackluster but it’s close. I’m not surprised. Disappointed but not surprised.

VN Store

Back