'18 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

Guys on Sapp....my son and I were at the game last night section Y8 Row 10.I noticed him running towards the tunnel and just before he entered he raised his right arm stuck his index finger up and made a circular motion with his hand. An older lady(mom-aunt-grandma) looked right at him(they didn’t speak) picked up her bag and other stuff left and didn’t come back. She had been seated with what I took to be other players families. It seemed odd to me at the time and now with all this up in the air.

If Pruitt can still reel in a top 10 class with the crapfest that will be on display this season, I think we'll be ok. If not it will send a bad signal to me. What comes first, the cruits or the wins?

I think we end up ranked 20-25 in recruiting. Lose Wanya and few others. Don’t get Crouch and Wright.

We’ll have to recruit at a lower level for a few years, play fundamental football, generate a few decent seasons, then attract some better recruits. Think Washington from a few years ago.

I think we end up ranked 20-25 in recruiting. Lose Wanya and few others. Don’t get Crouch and Wright.

We’ll have to recruit at a lower level for a few years, play fundamental football, generate a few decent seasons, then attract some better recruits. Think Washington from a few years ago.
If that the way it plays out we'll be hiring a new coach a little over three years from now.

Last edited:
We can't keep hiring a coach every three years. I do believe we have a good staff. CP is learning as a HC but has been around winning programs for a long time. We need CP to be that coach that turns us around. I knew we were short on talent but for me this year has really opened my eyes to the lack of talent we have compared to the schools that have winning programs. Like our OL, there is just so much you can do when you don't have SEC caliber OL other than Smith. I was just as mad about what happened last night as anyone but can you imagine the pressure CP felt with all the celebration of 1998 and needing an SEC win so bad and then boom the bottom falls out. Your guys play the worse game of the year so far. I am still holding out hope that with a couple of high ranked recruiting class that we start seeing improvement. This year? going to be miserable. jmo, don't flame, sensitive guy, long time Vol fan, peace and love :D

Reactions: bpvol and JacketVol
Entirely possible. I think you have to give Pruitt 5 years. I’m on the train but starting to wonder...
I don’t think you are understanding what he is saying. If Pruitt sent him to the locker room because he refused to play or if he straight quit and went himself, then Pruitt convinced him today to stay and tweet the message he sent out, then Pruitt will soon be getting run over by all the players. This is the same thing that happened to Butch his last couple years, starting with the Hurd situation.

VN Store

Back