Josh Dobbs (merged)

I honestly just don't see it.

You probably didn't see Alvin Kamara being the 3rd best RB in the NFL last year as a rookie either before the season. Nobody did....but for me. I called him the next Marshall Faulk before the draft.

You guys will see soon enough why I speak with such confidence about Dobbs. He'll be even better than Alvin was last year.

That first highlighted line is just ridiculous and there's nothing to legitimize it, especially considering you said it.

The second highlight is something you said about UT prior to last season with regards to Butch. Fact is, Tomlin is a very good coach and players want to play for him.

Big Ben will finish this year and next year as starter, Mason Rudolph will start getting some spot play toward the end of this year and parts of next (kind of the way GB did with Aaron Rodgers), Dobbs will get cut, find his way on a practice squad, then give up football to go do masters work in jet propulsion and work on Space X. 1000000x more likely scenario.

Butch Jones never won anything of significance before coming to Tennessee. He's now working as an intern at Alabama because everyone knows what a joke he is.

Mike Tomlin is a Super Bowl winning coach who has also been to a second Super Bowl.

It's disrespectful that you guys keep comparing him to Butch Jones. Black football coaches with Tomlin's resume deserve more respect.

Butch Jones never won anything of significance before coming to Tennessee. He's now working as an intern at Alabama because everyone knows what a joke he is.

Mike Tomlin is a Super Bowl winning coach who has also been to a second Super Bowl.

It's disrespectful that you guys keep comparing him to Butch Jones. Black football coaches with Tomlin's resume deserve more respect.

What about white ones?

OK, making fun of your proclivity at being wrong is one thing but it's the above that makes people wonder about your actual intellect. You realize he said this about Tomlin.

Fact is, Tomlin is a very good coach and players want to play for him.

Slow down there race card. In no way was I comparing the two as the results are just miles apart, but what I did compare (let me help you keep on track) is how you make statements about coaches not being able to screw it up when they have a lot of talent. YOU MADE STATEMENTS ON BOTH COACHES TO THAT EFFECT! All I did was point that fact out so stop trying to make this a race issue AGAIN.

Slow down there race card. In no way was I comparing the two as the results are just miles apart, but what I did compare (let me help you keep on track) is how you make statements about coaches not being able to screw it up when they have a lot of talent. YOU MADE STATEMENTS ON BOTH COACHES TO THAT EFFECT! All I did was point that fact out so stop trying to make this a race issue AGAIN.

Well let me slow it down for you so you can understand what I'm saying. Mike Tomlin is NOT Butch Jones so stop comparing them.

Yes I made a mistake in trusting a guy with no record of success like Butch Jones to not screw things up when he had elite talent. However, Mike Tomlin is not Butch Jones. He has a track record of success. Thus, I do feel better about trusting him to not screw things up when he has elite talent. I have no reason to think otherwise.

Quoted for reference when Dobbs gets cut.

Do you actually believe that? I'm serious. Do you actually believe Dobbs will be cut?

I want you to state that on the record right now. Cause I don't want to see you backtracking in a few weeks when Dobbs is the talk of the preseason.

Well let me slow it down for you so you can understand what I'm saying. Mike Tomlin is NOT Butch Jones so stop comparing them.

Yes I made a mistake in trusting a guy with no record of success like Butch Jones to not screw things up when he had elite talent. However, Mike Tomlin is not Butch Jones. He has a track record of success. Thus, I do feel better about trusting him to not screw things up when he has elite talent. I have no reason to think otherwise.

LET ME SLOW IT DOWN FOR YOU SINCE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE FOOTBALL RELATED .. I NEVER COMPARED THE TWO COACHES JUST YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING THEM BOTH! STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS SOMETHING IT'S NOT! You made similar comments about both so if anything, YOU COMPARED THE TWO not me!

Reactions: 1 person
Do you actually believe that? I'm serious. Do you actually believe Dobbs will be cut?

I want you to state that on the record right now. Cause I don't want to see you backtracking in a few weeks when Dobbs is the talk of the preseason.

Mark me down for a YES on that one. He has about as much chance to start a game for the Steelers this year as my neighbors hobbled dog. And yes, I think he gets cut. Arm talent is missing, athleticism is not so unless he switches positions, he likely won't make the roster.

I believe that Dobbs will be cut.

The Steelers drafting him in the 4th round last year was a shock to everyone, even you with your delusions of Dobbs' abilities. He was a project, and it didn't work so they drafted Rudolph this year.

The Steelers need a backup QB that can start and win 1-3 games a season. Rudolph is not going to be ready, and Josh's accuracy and consistence isn't surpassing that of the hot trash that he's competing against for the position.

Last edited:
You probably didn't see Alvin Kamara being the 3rd best RB in the NFL last year as a rookie either before the season. Nobody did....but for me. I called him the next Marshall Faulk before the draft.

You guys will see soon enough why I speak with such confidence about Dobbs. He'll be even better than Alvin was last year.

I would say let him get the bulk first before anything. I've also seen your flops

Yes. I think Dobbs is likely to be cut before the season starts.

Reactions: 1 person

Why, he can just be like you and make excuses or outright ignore what he said?

Why don't you make a bet on it? Oh that's right....

giphy.gif

Why, he can just be like you and make excuses or outright ignore what he said?

Why don't you make a bet on it? Oh that's right....

giphy.gif

I think his new avatar will just a black background with "I have no idea what I'm talking about" in white text. That or "I'm trolling."

I believe that Dobbs will be cut.

The Steelers drafting him in the 4th round last year was a shock to everyone, even you with your delusions of Dobbs' abilities. He was a project, and it didn't work so they drafted Rudolph this year.

The Steelers need a backup QB that can start and win 1-3 games a season. Rudolph is not going to be ready, and Josh's accuracy and consistence isn't surpassing that of the hot trash that he's competing against for the position.

No it wasn't. He was actually projected to go in the 2nd to 3rd round by Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr., Mike Mayock, and Lance Zerlien (of NFL.com). Mel Kiper Jr.: Tennessee's Josh Dobbs possible 2nd round NFL draft pick

There was a lot of buzz for Dobbs before the draft. Him falling to the 4th round was actually a mild disappointment given where the so-called draft experts were projecting him to get drafted in the weeks before the draft.

No it wasn't. He was actually projected to go in the 2nd to 3rd round by Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr., Mike Mayock, and Lance Zerlien (of NFL.com). Mel Kiper Jr.: Tennessee's Josh Dobbs possible 2nd round NFL draft pick

There was a lot of buzz for Dobbs before the draft. Him falling to the 4th round was actually a mild disappointment given where the so-called draft experts were projecting him to get drafted in the weeks before the draft.

And you were responsible for about 95% of it.

And it was only a "disappointment" to you; to the majority of everyone else, no one was surprised in the least.

You call all of those experts "idiots" when they disagree with you. Suddenly you point the experts when they so much as hint at your prediction. In this instance, any expert who jibed with you turned out to be just as wrong as you, so pointing to them is meaningless.

Instead, folks like me who said that Dobbs had no chance at being an early pick turned out to be right. I don't need to justify my prediction by pointing to Mel Kiper, because my prediction was correct.

Please. Dobbs was listed as, at best, the 7th rated qb in the 2017 draft, with most rating him 8th or 9th. The Steelers picking him in the 4th round was graded as a "C" level pick considering that at best he was a long-term project if it was going to pan out at all, and the fact that another QB wasn't even in their top needs.

Interesting. So these so-calle draft experts, do they know what they are talking about or not?

Steelers should have drafted a RB instead of Rudolph --- Bell is gone after this season

No. Steelers already have their RB of the future in James Conner. He'll be a Pro Bowl caliber RB in the NFL for many years. I had him rated just behind Alvin Kamara as the second best RB in the 2017 NFL Draft.

The Steelers also drafted Jaylen Samuels (from NC State) last year. He's a halfback/fullback/slot receiver that will make up for whatever the Steelers lose in terms of pass catching from Le'Veon Bell.

I'm confident that James Conner and Jaylen Samuels will more than make up for Le'Veon Bell in the next 3-5 years.

Interesting. So these so-calle draft experts, do they know what they are talking about or not?

You guys seem to be confused as to what I criticize the so-called "draft experts" for. I don't criticize their sources and connections when it comes to projecting where guys will go in the draft. They have sources in front office and with scouts so their information on that regard is solid.

My criticism has always been about how good the players they are evaluating will be in the NFL. I don't trust their player evaluations because I believe my evaluation skills are better. What I have never claimed to know better than them is where and when guys will be drafted. I've only claimed to know whether the guys will be good or not better than the so-called "draft experts". That is all.

VN Store

Back