Basketball Recruiting Discussion II

I think they'll have to drag Coach out of the gym kicking and screaming...or is that drooling. ;) I think he'll be here a good bit longer. The man eats sleeps and breathes basketball. :)

Reactions: 3 people
Mann would be the highest from what I’ve found. A Houston was about a decade before Rivals started.

Harris came in around the time football was going through lots of 5 star busts.

It was nice to have a 5 star live up to the hype.

Reactions: 1 person
If I remember correctly didn’t a lot of people think Tobias was going to go to Syracuse? I feel like WVU was involved pretty heavily too?

Anybody remember that other NY kid that beat Tobias in, I think, the state title game, that went to Villanova ? I think UT was in on him, too. But, Tobias and him were such rivals, there was no way they were going to the same school.

Edit: He had a great career, even think he stayed 5 years. I just can't remember his name

Anybody remember that other NY kid that beat Tobias in, I think, the state title game, that went to Villanova ? I think UT was in on him, too. But, Tobias and him were such rivals, there was no way they were going to the same school.

Edit: He had a great career, even think he stayed 5 years. I just can't remember his name

JayVaughn Pinkston?

Reactions: 3 people
If I remember correctly didn’t a lot of people think Tobias was going to go to Syracuse? I feel like WVU was involved pretty heavily too?

It was between Syracuse and UT from what I recall, but was pretty widely assumed the decision was UT as it neared. From what I remember his father and him drove to TBA from Florida or Georgia maybe and bought upper levels for a game spur of the moment, he told Pearl after the game that he was there and was coming to UT.

VN Store

Back