'18 SC WR Bryce Thompson (UT commit 5/30/18)

Why does everyone pencil in JJ as a starter? We have a few wr's that are way more talented than him. Don't understand the love fest with him. He's an average receiver imo.

Reactions: 3 people
Why does everyone pencil in JJ as a starter? We have a few wr's that are way more talented than him. Don't understand the love fest with him. He's an average receiver imo.

Oh yeah? Explain to me which receivers besides Callaway go up and get the ball like JJ? Oh that's right none of them.

Reactions: 3 people
JJ may not be the best receiver on the team but he is the only one that will literally maul a DB to get the ball. We absolutely need a WR like that.

Reactions: 2 people
JJ may not be the best receiver on the team but he is the only one that will literally maul a DB to get the ball. We absolutely need a WR like that.

He will also crack back and take their heads off when someone else catches a pass. When they are more worried about JJ killing them than they are making a tackle it’s to our advantage.

Starting wrs will be Jj Calloway and Johnson

tumblr_inline_p57byiEsPw1qhfl40_400.gif

Reactions: 6 people

Because he will be....and no we don’t. Shall I reference the 2016 Georgia and Florida games for you? If you can’t or won’t see it then it’s on you.

What WR has shown better overall skills at the position on the roster?

Callaway, Byrd, and Johnson are all better WRs.

Y’all think JJ is great because of 2 plays. One where the DB slipped and he almost dropped a wide open catch. The other was truly a great play. But overall he isn’t that good

Y’all think JJ is great because of 2 plays. One where the DB slipped and he almost dropped a wide open catch. The other was truly a great play. But overall he isn’t that good

I like the one where he wnt thru the DB and caught the ball off his back like a boss. But sure...2 plays

Reactions: 5 people
I like the one where he wnt thru the DB and caught the ball off his back like a boss. But sure...2 plays

I remember that one and a few other tough yardage plays.

Sure, take away those two touchdowns and he still has almost as many as those three together.

Reactions: 1 person

Uh... okay.

That sideline catch showed great concentration to not only make the catch after the bobble but to also stay in bounds.

Also let’s not dismiss the over the defenders back incredible catch he had in the same game.

Is he Randy Moss? No. But he’s made plays that us fans still talk about two years later and honestly that Hail Mary will become a part of Tennessee lore. Your grandkids will see that play.

Suggesting he is “not that good” is something I simply do not agree with. He could play on my team any day of the week. Especially if it’s a big game.

That was a better play than the Florida catch. Forgot about that one.

He’s a good possession WR, no doubt. Great competitor. Tough in the clutch. But he’s rarely open and is awful after the catch

VN Store

Back