Spring Ball showed me 9 wins for 2018

- And it's not because...we have a bunch of talent. We have "good" talent. It's the improved fundamental across the board I saw. Coaching improvement is already evident.

- Banks and Chryst. Yes London will have a say, but Banks is a future star. Chryst will either win the job OR push Jarret Gaurantano to a knew level.
I saw improved route anticipation in all our QB.

- Defensively...still. a work. But Sapp, Theo Jackson showed starting ability as backups.
But overall the defense showed some speed. Need to get better at point of attack. Bituli and Kirkland will bring the needed juice from the middle.

We showed improvement on offense in our concepts and speed. Banks will bring the power. We already have an idenity. And were not even at full strength. Run to set up the pass. Dobbs basically gave us an identity for 3 years by accident.

So I believe, spring showed that this team has already improved.

We'll able to run the ball.
Can we stop the run?? I believe that will happen when we are full strength defensively. There are 2 teams on our schedule that are just more talented. They're also well coached.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
Missouri all because we will be able to handle their line of scrimmage...both sides.

I respect you because you laid out your case unlike some of the idiots on here, however, I will more than happily bet you any amount of money you are wrong

Reactions: 2 people
I hope Chryst is a lot better than JG because although definitely improved still not what you want in the SEC at the QB position. The OL will be the entire question as to how this teams performs and how many wins we get. They will need to make our running game effective and give QB time to throw the ball.
I can see a very effective linebacker and secondary performance by this team. The DL is a wait and see and will again be the key to this defense being fair or very good.

The difference between best case and worst case scenarios.

Dooley hired a lb coach as his dc. I don't even remember any asst. coaches. And he didn't have the right players for the job.

Pruitt, on the other hand, made a name for himself coordinating 3-4 defenses. The coaches he hired are accomplished in the 3-4 scheme and the athletes here are better suited for it's demands.

So, while there is a formidable learning curve, Dooley and Pruitt represent the worst and best case scenarios.

This all sounds good but we won't know for sure until the games start.

I don't think Saban himself could make the transition go 100 percent smooth. It's a major transition in scheme for the returning players.

Also don't think we have near the LB type or depth needed for it to hold up this season.

Well that’s our DEFENSE the past two seasons. Has to be better...just being DIFFERENT.

Capitalizing words doesn't necessarily make them true.

And going from an awful defense to a slightly less awful defense may not be enough to move the needle on the win loss total.

Personally think the offense is where we will see the most gains if the o line holds together.

Capitalizing words doesn't necessarily make them true.

And going from an awful defense to a slightly less awful defense may not be enough to move the needle on the win loss total.

Personally think the offense is where we will see the most gains if the o line holds together.

Capitalizing words for EMPHASIS...not to make my OPINIONS facts...that’s where we’re at. :hi:

You are pretending that UT is in some sort of vacuum with their improvement, everyone else is improving as well, and many of our opponents didn't have to suffer anything like the S&C and position development issues under Butch that Pruitt now has to fix. There's a reason teams typically see the most growth in the second year of a new HC's tenure.

JG was atrocious last season, he has no choice but to improve as it would be pretty difficult to perform any worse, but touting 6-12 and 87 yards in a glorified scrimmage, is nothing to crow about.

As for Florida, they already have more proven and developed talent on their team than we do at the moment, and Mullen, whether you want to admit it or not, is a proven HC who does an excellent job in coaching QB's which is where Florida faltered the most under McElwain. Is that game impossible to win, no, but is it likely that we will win? No, we are 1-13 against them, and that's with Florida having 3 different head coaches over that time period, having a new head coach has had zero effect on them owning us for over a decade.

Never said we are in a vacuum.

Regardless, Mullen is a very good coach. I do expect Florida to improve.

1-13 means nothing for 2018. And I'm not sure they have more proven talent. We'll see.

West Va, Florida, Auburn all run a similar offense and I think Pruitt will have effective gameplan ready for all 3.

Bearded Vol, go ahead with your OPINIONS of how much your team will suck this year. I'll be laughing in your face when Florida and West Virginia get out muscled by MY Vols....

Reactions: 1 person
- And it's not because...we have a bunch of talent. We have "good" talent. It's the improved fundamental across the board I saw. Coaching improvement is already evident.

- Banks and Chryst. Yes London will have a say, but Banks is a future star. Chryst will either win the job OR push Jarret Gaurantano to a knew level.
I saw improved route anticipation in all our QB.

- Defensively...still. a work. But Sapp, Theo Jackson showed starting ability as backups.
But overall the defense showed some speed. Need to get better at point of attack. Bituli and Kirkland will bring the needed juice from the middle.

We showed improvement on offense in our concepts and speed. Banks will bring the power. We already have an idenity. And were not even at full strength. Run to set up the pass. Dobbs basically gave us an identity for 3 years by accident.

So I believe, spring showed that this team has already improved.

We'll able to run the ball.
Can we stop the run?? I believe that will happen when we are full strength defensively. There are 2 teams on our schedule that are just more talented. They're also well coached.

We beat Florida
West Virgina and
Missouri all because we will be able to handle their line of scrimmage...both sides.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
Never said we are in a vacuum.

Regardless, Mullen is a very good coach. I do expect Florida to improve.

1-13 means nothing for 2018. And I'm not sure they have more proven talent. We'll see.

West Va, Florida, Auburn all run a similar offense and I think Pruitt will have effective gameplan ready for all 3.

Bearded Vol, go ahead with your OPINIONS of how much your team will suck this year. I'll be laughing in your face when Florida and West Virginia get out muscled by MY Vols....

Where did I say that the Vols would suck? Or are you saying that not believing the Vols are going to get 9+ wins in the regular season in 2018 is tantamount to saying "the Vols will suck"?

100% disagree with you, but you backed it up with why you beleive this, so I can respect it. I just don't see what you are seeing.

Agree and am hoping for 5 Wins. No idea who against, just hope the kids get to taste victory this Fall.

It depends on who start at the Qb position. Think this team is better than what people think. You start the right qb then u could easily win 9 games

It depends on who start at the Qb position. Think this team is better than what people think. You start the right qb then u could easily win 9 games

Considering our schedule,I don't think 'easily' is the adverb I'd choose to describe the effort that will be required to get to 9 regular season wins.

Where did I say that the Vols would suck? Or are you saying that not believing the Vols are going to get 9+ wins in the regular season in 2018 is tantamount to saying "the Vols will suck"?

Florida is down still.
They're not good.

If they are more talented than us as you're implying. Then truly you're saying we suck...

Florida is down still.
They're not good.

If they are more talented than us as you're implying. Then truly you're saying we suck...

We do suck, we didnt win an sec game last year and barely won a cupcake game.
UF beat us last year and is in a similair position. Only difference is they hired a proven head coach and we did not.

We do suck, we didnt win an sec game last year and barely won a cupcake game.
UF beat us last year and is in a similair position. Only difference is they hired a proven head coach and we did not.

Butch was a proven coach...

"Why is it that people cant debate opposing opinions on a topic?

Why insert the personal shots... Never really understood that."

:dunno:

Reactions: 4 people
No he wasnt. Dude Mullen coached at miss st. and won pretty big. Comparing that to winning at Cincinnati is dumb. Amd why are we talking about Butch Jones? Pruitt is our coach and he is unproven.

You weretalking about proven coaches, Bama.

Butch won conference titles in 2 different conferences.
He was proven...

So basically your argument doesn't hold any weight.

After Pruitt beats Mullen this year...will he be more proven than Mullen after?

8 with a bowl win. Recruit, recruit, recruit.
D will be BAD.

This would be a great result as well.
Our defense will improve. Our core is not there yet.

Bituli
Kirkland
Gooden
Will change the personality of that defense.

It doesn't mean Pruitt sucks if we win 5 games this year. Butch really screwed up the roster beyond belief. Take a step back, chill, and accept it for what it is.

It's gonna take several years before we can accurately judge Pruitt because

1.) It is literally his first head coach job

2.) The roster sucks well beyond what some believe, and don't start talking to me about star ratings and recruiting ranks. That was before Butch and Co. atrophied these kids

It doesn't mean Pruitt sucks if we win 5 games this year. Butch really screwed up the roster beyond belief. Take a step back, chill, and accept it for what it is.

It's gonna take several years before we can accurately judge Pruitt because

1.) It is literally his first head coach job

2.) The roster sucks well beyond what some believe, and don't start talking to me about star ratings and recruiting ranks. That was before Butch and Co. atrophied these kids

Request that we sticky this.

This would be a great result as well.
Our defense will improve. Our core is not there yet.

Bituli
Kirkland
Gooden
Will change the personality of that defense.

Kenneth George Jr. Will change the personality of our DBs, guy is a hitter,and seems to be a lockdown guy one on one.

You weretalking about proven coaches, Bama.

Butch won conference titles in 2 different conferences.
He was proven...

So basically your argument doesn't hold any weight.

After Pruitt beats Mullen this year...will he be more proven than Mullen after?

Jones was not a proven coach on the level mullen is.
And no, regardless of the outcome it will take several years before pruitt is a " proven coach" but it would be a good start

VN Store

Back