Spring Ball showed me 9 wins for 2018

Eh,,9 wins does seem like it's stretching it a little bit but go ahead OP and show your positive thinking. You will get ridiculed and shot down for doing it but I have no problem with it. That many wins is as possible as 3 wins I see on here also.
Personally I can see about 7 wins myself if everything falls in our favor.

The only thing Butch proved while at UT, was that his previous success came off of the back or Brian Kelly's recruiting and player development.

Did Brian Kelly recruit Cam Sutton to Tennessee?
Derek Barnett?
Alvin Kamara?
Josh Malone?
R Joshua Dobbs?
Jalen Hurd?

Butch just wasn't skilled enough as a headman for a program such as UT.
But he brought pieces into the program that created wins or winning opportunity...

Now watch Pruitt and Helton and see what they do...

Reactions: 1 person
Derek Barnett?
Alvin Kamara?
Josh Malone?
R Joshua Dobbs?
Jalen Hurd?

But he brought pieces into the program that created wins or winning opportunity...

Tennessee recruits itself. By the way there was very little if any development with any of those you mentioned.

Derek Barnett?
Alvin Kamara?
Josh Malone?
R Joshua Dobbs?
Jalen Hurd?

How many of those players saw improvement under Butch and staff, beyond the talent ehibited the first day they stepped on campus? Hell, Sutton's best year was his freshman year and he only played in 11 games.

We could of hired 50 other coaches that would have won 8 games a year. It’s not hard to do at Tennessee. It’s damn near automatic.

How many of those players saw improvement under Butch and staff, beyond the talent ehibited the first day they stepped on campus? Hell, Sutton's best year was his freshman year and he only played in 11 games.

Not really arguing that. But HE got them here. And they DID produce.

If Saban, Meyer...heck even Gary Pinkel had our team from 2014-2016
We probably play in 3 SEC championships and maybe win 1.

And those were with Butch's players. The guy wasn't good enough for TN...that doesn't mean he wasn't proven. Plenty of proven coaches have been fired!

It depends on who start at the Qb position. Think this team is better than what people think. You start the right qb then u could easily win 9 games

I'm not sure we'll have a QB on campus this fall who has it in himself to will us to 9 wins.

Unless the defense makes one of the greatest turnarounds seen in the modern era of CFB, we're gonna need some great QB play to get to 9 wins.

I'm not sure we'll have a QB on campus this fall who has it in himself to will us to 9 wins.

Unless the defense makes one of the greatest turnarounds seen in the modern era of CFB, we're gonna need some great QB play to get to 9 wins.

we have a significant talent advantage over 8 teams, very similar talent to UF and just a little less than Auburn. 8 wins is guaranteed and 10 is attainable with a couple breaks.

we have a significant talent advantage over 8 teams, very similar talent to UF and just a little less than Auburn. 8 wins is guaranteed and 10 is attainable with a couple breaks.

And your opinion of CJP if he only wins 5 or 6 this year?

You misunderstood. Let me try again. What will be your opinion of CJP if he only wins 5 or 6 games this season?

He would have underachieved. I wouldn’t call for his head or anything but I just don’t see that as a possibility. It would depend on the out comes as well.

He would have underachieved. I wouldn’t call for his head or anything but I just don’t see that as a possibility. It would depend on the out comes as well.

Would you place all the blame at the feet of Butch or would CJP catch his share of the blame as first year ever as a head coach?

giphy.gif

Would you place all the blame at the feet of Butch or would CJP catch his share of the blame as first year ever as a head coach?

Most of it would be on Butch because even though he brought in talent, he didn’t develope it. Jeremy has some time but maybe not quite enough. But remember I don’t even see this as a possibility(going 6-6) I would be shocked.

Most of it would be on Butch because even though he brought in talent, he didn’t develope it. Jeremy has some time but maybe not quite enough. But remember I don’t even see this as a possibility(going 6-6) I would be shocked.

Good to know. We’ll revisit this after the season. Thanks.

Dipped in BBQ sauce.

Go back and read the post directly above mine that you quoted, then read mine. Same poster.

I dont wanna. It's too much effort. Will give me blisters on my scrolling fingers.

Not really arguing that. But HE got them here. And they DID produce.

If Saban, Meyer...heck even Gary Pinkel had our team from 2014-2016
We probably play in 3 SEC championships and maybe win 1.

And those were with Butch's players. The guy wasn't good enough for TN...that doesn't mean he wasn't proven. Plenty of proven coaches have been fired!

Produced what, individual success? Sure, some of those guys attained it in spite of Butch, but he didn't have 'success' because of their talent. He recruited some top tier talent, and managed to peak at 5 conference wins, and then take UT to the worst season in history.

I know your love for him is strong, but that's not success on any scale.

VN Store

Back