Joy Behar of ‘The View’ apologizes for Christianity comment

If you guys came to my neck of the woods you would really think the Christians I know are mentally ill....

Americans talking about theology sound about as competent as country singers rapping.

Survey Finds Most American Christians Are Actually Heretics

For those who don’t profess Christianity, gaining a basic understanding of the creeds and Scriptures of the religion that built our civilization isn’t a bad idea, either. As Indian Christian philosopher Vishal Mangalwadi writes, the Bible created the modern world by making the West a reading and thinking civilization, and by grounding this reading and thinking in the idea that truth is knowable.

It was a dumb way to put it. It is a classic sign of certain forms of mental illness to hallucinate that someone is talking to to you, whether it is Jesus, God, your invisible friend Esmerelda, King tut, or whoever. But, her comment, which was in context a joke, could be viewed as an affront to those who believe that when they pray they get feedback.

Personally, I have not had Him reply to me directly during prayer. I always just figure that I'll keep leaving Him another voicemail.

At least his voicemail never fills up.

So you live in Texas too?

No, more like Africa where demons come out of people, arms grow to normal length, people stop walking in wheel chairs (they get healed), people speak in tongues, people tell you about your past and what your going through and they don't know you, a man and woman receiving sight, I personally prayed for a lady that had cancer in her leg which made her leg useless and Jesus healed her leg and she no longer has to use a Cain to walk... On and on we go. I have seen with my own eyes a kid get run over and his head seal back together because a man prayed that Jesus would heal him.... Spoiler alert... He did.

Faith is a cliff that some people come to and jump off, come to and step back, or never approach but that cliff will change your life regardless of what you choose.

I know you think I am lieing or whatever excuse you want to come up with to justify why what I said isn't true. The only thing I have to say is, as much studying that has been done on account of the big question why we are alive and how we got here from a scientific standpoint. You should give faith the same respect you gave science and study the scenarios "you just know can't be true"...

Just know there are Christians out there that genuinely care about you and love you regardless of what you do or do not believe...

Reactions: 7 people
A simple message, by Billy Graham:

The great Swiss theologian, Dr. Karl Barth, was probably in his generation the greatest theologian in the world, and a great philosopher as well. I did not always agree with him, but he was my friend and I respected him. While he was in this country, a student at one of the seminaries said, “Dr. Barth, what is the greatest truth that ever crossed your mind?” All the seminary students were sitting on the edge of their seats to hear some great, profound, deep, complicated answer. Dr. Barth slowly raised his great shaggy gray head and looked at the student and said, “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”

Reactions: 3 people
No, more like Africa where demons come out of people, arms grow to normal length, people stop walking in wheel chairs (they get healed), people speak in tongues, people tell you about your past and what your going through and they don't know you, a man and woman receiving sight, I personally prayed for a lady that had cancer in her leg which made her leg useless and Jesus healed her leg and she no longer has to use a Cain to walk... On and on we go. I have seen with my own eyes a kid get run over and his head seal back together because a man prayed that Jesus would heal him.... Spoiler alert... He did.

Faith is a cliff that some people come to and jump off, come to and step back, or never approach but that cliff will change your life regardless of what you choose.

I know you think I am lieing or whatever excuse you want to come up with to justify why what I said isn't true. The only thing I have to say is, as much studying that has been done on account of the big question why we are alive and how we got here from a scientific standpoint. You should give faith the same respect you gave science and study the scenarios "you just know can't be true"...

Just know there are Christians out there that genuinely care about you and love you regardless of what you do or do not believe...

You saw a magic trick. Faith healers are hucksters. 100% of the time.

Reactions: 4 people
You saw a magic trick. Faith healers are hucksters. 100% of the time.

I had my surgery on my shoulder to repair it... Didn't work per the doctor... I got prayed for... Me and everyone within fifteen feet of me heard a pop and my shoulder move.... Because it never set right.... Went back to the doctor and they were dumb founded said it wasn't possible for my shoulder to be 100% healthy... But it was and still is.
Also, the kid that died with his head splattered on the ground... We are friends and he remembers walking around right before he got hit... And I remember the blood and seeing his head mangled.... And I for sure remeber it sealing back together...

I had my surgery on my shoulder to repair it... Didn't work per the doctor... I got prayed for... Me and everyone within fifteen feet of me heard a pop and my shoulder move.... Because it never set right.... Went back to the doctor and they were dumb founded said it wasn't possible for my shoulder to be 100% healthy... But it was and still is.
Also, the kid that died with his head splattered on the ground... We are friends and he remembers walking around right before he got hit... And I remember the blood and seeing his head mangled.... And I for sure remeber it sealing back together...

giphy.gif

PLEASE elaborate.

Reactions: 4 people
Reactions: 2 people

So, apparently God just likes you and your friends better than the 4 year old with stage 4 cancer.

Reactions: 8 people

Africa sounds like a trippin' place to be

So, apparently God just likes you and your friends better than the 4 year old with stage 4 cancer.

You lack understanding, like I did. Understand where you are coming from though, using ‘your’ common sense rational logic. Research John MacArthur, or don’t. Peace out.

Last edited:
https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/47-39/15-words-of-hope

The verse that we're going to look at is 2 Corinthians 5:21, 2 Corinthians 5:21. It says this, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

The Bible makes it clear, first of all, that all people are sinners by nature and by action. In fact, all people are sinners from birth. And thus all people are born alienated from God who is holy, cannot look upon sin, cannot fellowship with sinners. That alienation because of sin prevents us from knowing God. He is too perfectly holy to have anything to do with sinners, except to reject them.

Now the result of that rejection, the result of that alienation in time is Godlessness. The result of it in eternity is hell. So this alienation in to which every human being is born is indeed a serious issue. It means that everybody lives their life without God and if they die in that condition, will spend their eternity without God in torment.

Last edited:
Never? Seems that you are generalizing which I was under the impression you did not approve of.

How about just denying them the same rights enjoyed by heterosexual couples? Never known any to oppose that idea? Vote against it?

In our not so distant past, Christians used their biblical beliefs to justify slavery and their opposition to interracial marriage. Does that make those individuals any less bigoted because they had biblical justification?

As to remaining silent about homosexuals while harboring a private belief that it is wrong... does that make them less bigoted or just cowardly?
And Christians used their faith to stand against and abolish slavery.
Does ****canning the very intrinsic meaning of marriage make same sex marriage a thing?

Awful lot of Christians fought to preserve slavery, as well.

Definitions change over time.

Ironically enough, that's exactly what my Pastor's sermon was about last week..... The fallacy of judging someone's faith based on what you perceive as moral at any given time.

VN Store

Back