Joy Behar of ‘The View’ apologizes for Christianity comment

Not sure what you're even talking about? I think you and I agree that "talking" is an exaggeration, and that you mean communication through the HG.

I can admit that "talking" is fine to say if you clarify that. You're just being poetic. But non-religious people don't get that. Talking means talking to them.

You are as predictable as LG.......

Reactions: 2 people
What's this about "unfit"?

What did he say? Did he say Jesus "talks" to him?

I know it's hard for people to understand my nuanced position, so I'll reiterate. Christ communicates through the Holy Ghost through feelings. Christ does not "talk" to you unless you are a prophet. If you say he talks to you, you are either a great exaggerator, a prophet, or you are mentally ill. If you refuse to concede that "yeah, it's just communication through feelings from the Holy Ghost" then you are either a prophet or crazy. Pick one.

He communicates more through the written word of God. You are making a huge statement there slappy! Do you have any bible to back up your claims? :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
He communicates more through the written word of God. You are making a huge statement there slappy! Do you have any bible to back up your claims? :hi:

Nobody is disputing this. I am saying he doesn't "talk" to you. Show me in the Bible where God speaks to anybody who isn't a prophet.

Nobody is disputing this. I am saying he doesn't "talk" to you. Show me in the Bible where God speaks to anybody who isn't a prophet.

I already told you that he didn't speak to me audibly and you told me I was mentally ill. But he did speak to me and does still.
You have made the claims, now back them up! :hi: Show me your text as proof of your claims.

Why would you be offended by someone else's take on your Christianity? That's like when Muslims get upset by blasphemous talk about Mohammed. Oh, and what about free speech? People can think and believe different things. Why should it impact your thoughts and beliefs? I just find it interesting that free speech is advocated for so selectively.

Offended? Most liberals get offended by the smallest comments.
I don't get bothered by anyone's opinions. I might not agree with what some people say, but I will fight for your right to say it.

BUT.....Free Speech should not excuse anyone from the consequences of their comments.

I already told you that he didn't speak to me audibly and you told me I was mentally ill. But he did speak to me and does still. You have made the claims, now back them up! :hi: Show me your text as proof of your claims.

You said "it was louder than that".

If you're now saying Jesus didn't actually talk to you, what is the point in me backing up something you aren't refuting?

You said "it was louder than that".

If you're now saying Jesus didn't actually talk to you, what is the point in me backing up something you aren't refuting?

My speech was very plain, It was louder than speaking audibly. When God speaks, you know exactly who it is and what he wants. You said that I was mentally ill for making such a statement. Now you are trying to spin it around.
Own your statement! The fact is Jesus does speak to people and you claim we are crazy because he does. Go ahead and own it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
My speech was very plain, It was louder than speaking audibly. When God speaks, you know exactly who it is and what he wants. You said that I was mentally ill for making such a statement. Now you are trying to spin it around.
Own your statement! The fact is Jesus does speak to people and you claim we are crazy because he does. Go ahead and own it!

How is it louder than audible speech? How is that "plain" speech? Words mean things. "Talk" means something specific. "Loud" means something specific.

I've maintained my position on the Holy Ghost from the beginning. If you're arguing with me, I have to assume it's because you are saying it's Jesus talking to you and not feelings of confirmation from the HG. If this is what you are saying, you are mentally ill. If it's not what you are saying, stop talking in such poetic and exaggerated terms to people who are not religious.

How is it louder than audible speech? How is that "plain" speech? Words mean things. "Talk" means something specific. "Loud" means something specific.

I've maintained my position on the Holy Ghost from the beginning. If you're arguing with me, I have to assume it's because you are saying it's Jesus talking to you and not feelings of confirmation from the HG. If this is what you are saying, you are mentally ill. If it's not what you are saying, stop talking in such poetic and exaggerated terms to people who are not religious.

Are you claiming to be a Christian or religious?

Apparently you have no bible to back up your claims. You haven't met everyone who has ever lived to ask them if God spoke to them audibly. You are not Omni-present nor Omni-sceint so you don't know everything that has ever happened. How can you make such a ridicules statement that God has not spoken to his people audibly? You simply don't know if he has or not! Just be honest about it! :)

Reactions: 4 people
I'm an agnostic deist. I don't have faith in God, but I hope there is a God. I have felt what people describe as the spirit of God, I'm just not sure it's that.

You are making claims that you really no nothing about. I'm not trying to be mean, but you have made an ignorant statement on the subject at hand.

Reactions: 5 people
Huff, we have all made silly statements sometime in our lives. Just be honest with yourself and everybody else.

When you claim that someone is mentally ill, you are dealing with a very serious situation. To claim that God fearing Christians are mentally ill is to claim that they are not fit to work a job, raise a family, ect.... It's dangerous to make such statements.

When you claim that someone is mentally ill, you are dealing with a very serious situation. To claim that God fearing Christians are mentally ill is to claim that they are not fit to work a job, raise a family, ect.... It's dangerous to make such statements.

I didn't make that claim. If what I am doing is so bad, then stick to the facts and don't make it into something it's not.

Offended? Most liberals get offended by the smallest comments.
I don't get bothered by anyone's opinions. I might not agree with what some people say, but I will fight for your right to say it.

BUT.....Free Speech should not excuse anyone from the consequences of their comments.

Why mention liberals? I'm not one.

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think more or less the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you are just a Catholic."

I'm not really a Sam Harris fan but this seemed appropriate here.

I didn't make that claim. If what I am doing is so bad, then stick to the facts and don't make it into something it's not.

You said that if Jesus spoke audibly to someone that they are mentally ill. Now that is your statement not mine.

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think more or less the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you are just a Catholic."

I'm not really a Sam Harris fan but this seemed appropriate here.

I don't agree with Catholic doctrine, but I am not calling them mentally ill either. :hi:

I'm a Chrsitian and I agree.
Christians should be the hardest people to offend. Franklin Graham is leading the way as head cry baby.

I 100% agree when it comes to you. I may not agree with your worldview and belief in God, but you seem consistent in your views and will defend them with no apologies instead of playing victim. Much respect. Christians absolutely should be the hardest to offend.

But there is an element of Christianity (like any other religious belief) that relish the victim card. Being the vast majority religion in this country, it’s ridiculous and silly. JMO.

VN Store

Back