Atlanta Braves Thread - Francisco Cabrera edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
All he has done thus far is save the Dodgers a ton of money

He's already been quoted saying he's going to wait this offseason.

He reached out to many guys that came in making splash moves and in hindsight, they regretted doing so. I was reading this a couple days ago.

He's already been quoted saying he's going to wait this offseason.

He reached out to many guys that came in making splash moves and in hindsight, they regretted doing so. I was reading this a couple days ago.

Yeah, sure. I get it. He came into a grease fire with what the Braves received in punishment from MLB for being made an example -- because of course every team has been doing the same thing. They were just utter idiots and allowed for easy prosecution all the way up to GM and President level. MLB pounced.

Signing high value players this year makes little sense given .500 ball being a reasonable goal, where a playoff run would require a lot of young guys to be instant super stars -- which can happen, but not likely.

I would have liked to have seen Todd Frazier come to Atlanta for a season or two, but not for New York money. Whatever. I mean, Yu Darvish getting 126M, Wade Davis getting 52M, 106M restructure to Justin Upton -- really? No thanks.

Spoiler: There will be no move.

It is gonna be very interesting if the Braves have let go of the old guard. Anthopolus does not mess around. He is a wheeler and dealer. I agree they won't sign any big FA, but I could see AA making a trade for a big time guy with some control years

Jon Morosi says the Braves are talking to the Padres about Hunter Renfroe

I still want Dickerson. Give him like 2/24 and let's ride

Ender
Albies
Freeman
Dickerson
Flowers
Acuna
Swanson
Camargo/Ruiz

Status
Not open for further replies.