Atlanta Braves Thread - Francisco Cabrera edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Everything they are saying about Acuna is the same thing they said about Heyward. You never know with these guys.

Admittedly, I didn't keep up with the minor league system like I do now when Heyward was coming up...but wasn't he a beast down there and then he came up and the organization ruined him? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Admittedly, I didn't keep up with the minor league system like I do now when Heyward was coming up...but wasn't he a beast down there and then he came up and the organization ruined him? Maybe I'm misremembering.

I remember hearing about him during spring training and hearing "his bat makes the sound it made when Bo Jackson hit it" and how good he was going to be and listening to the opening day game against the Cubs ar work on the radio and he came up and he hit that HR. I thought it was going to be the second coming of Jesus.

Yes he batted like .330 in the minors because Hank Aaron talked about he was cant miss and other Braves legend. He was the best prospect in baseball.

Heyward was more than the best prospect in baseball. They talked him up like he was a generational talent. He was suppose to be a phenom.

This was also around the time everyone was pushing for more black players in the MLB, unfairly to Heyward I think this helped push his prospect status into the next stratosphere. His expectations were Cooperstown from his first opening day. His legend only grew when he took Zambrano big fly in his first at bat. Sadly, it’s didn’t pan out like we all hoped. He is still an awesome baseball player. Just way overhyped for a lot of reasons. All that to say, I never learned my lesson because Ronny Baseball is sure fire superstar imo.

Last edited:
Heyward was more than the best prospect in baseball. They talked him up like he was a generational talent. He was suppose to be a phenom.

This was also around the time everyone was pushing for more black players in the MLB, unfairly, to Heyward I think this helped push his prospect status into the next stratosphere. His expectations were Cooperstown from his first opening day. His legend only grew when he took Zambrano big fly in his first at bat. Sadly, it’s didn’t pan out like we all hoped. He is still an awesome baseball player. Just way overhyped for a lot of reasons. All that to say, I never learned my lesson because Ronny Baseball is sure fire superstar imo.

Being a local boy too put a lot of pressure on him.

And look if Acuna gives us 25 WAR in five years I will not complain but it would be nice to have a top ten player in baseball. Atlanta hasn’t had that since Andruw in 2005.

And look if Acuna gives us 25 WAR in five years I will not complain but it would be nice to have a top ten player in baseball. Atlanta hasn’t had that since Andruw in 2005.

I’d be THRILLED with 25 WAR over 5 years. Freddie has been 26 over 8 seasons for comparisons.

But if he hits, like he could, sky is the limit. Potential MVP.

I could actually see him as similar to Upton. Obviously a crazy ceiling like Upton had, maybe an Adam Jonesian floor.

I could actually see him as similar to Upton. Obviously a crazy ceiling like Upton had, maybe an Adam Jonesian floor.

Yeah I like the Upton comparisons for a hitting perspective. I think Acuna has higher upside defensively.

Yeah I like the Upton comparisons for a hitting perspective. I think Acuna has higher upside defensively.

Absolutely does, but we know that isn't saying much.

I don't adore his plate discipline profile but apparently the tools are just deafening.

Brown, tax question.

This past year was the first time I started buying stocks through ETRADE. I didn't take any money out of that account. Does that need to be filed in the 1099 or not. I'm clueless on it.

Brown, tax question.

This past year was the first time I started buying stocks through ETRADE. I didn't take any money out of that account. Does that need to be filed in the 1099 or not. I'm clueless on it.

Did you sell anything or just buy?

If you only bought, you would just need to report dividends if you had any dividend stocks. You can log into your account and they should have a tax document (form 1099) for you if there’s anything you need to report.

If you sold, then you would need to report all of those transactions. Purchase date, cost, sell date, price, quantity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back