Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, LV’s on SEC Network playing Vandy. Not sure if I see a true 5 on the floor or not. A ‘W’ is all I care about.

Reactions: 2 people
Let's get some football talk going in here. Anybody have some pretty good knowledge to share on West Virginia? Think we'll be at least a slight underdog going into that game.

The o line is weak, weaker than ours in fact, and always is. They have some quick shifty backs, no big bruisers. Lots of dink and dunk offense, bubble screens, flares, etc.
However, Grier, and their top wr Sils will be back. They connected quite a bit on deep routes this year til Grier got hurt. Grier did not play the last 4 or 5 games, all their backups are atrocious.
Before Pruitt, I fully expected us to lose, getting beat on deep balls alone, I don't now. I doubt Grier will have time to sit and pick us apart like he did B12 Ds this year.
Their D is a 3-3-5, it sucks. I expect us to run all over them if the o line is even ok. They are really weak against the run. Secondary isn't bad.
We certainly are WAY more talented than them, but I'd say it's a toss up game. New coach, and new schemes on both sides, so who knows?

All my friends are WVU friends, reckon that's what I get for living here. Looking forward to the game, just not the aftermath if we lose!! I'll never hear the end of it! I'd compare their fanbase to UF. If going to the game, fully expect beers thrown, and some fights!
We are going down with about 12 other people.

You have to do this kind of thing with him every now and then. Not to impact him...lost cause...but to display his fishing prowess to others on here. BB will forget why he put you on ignore and reinstate you in short measure. :thumbsup:

If he has me on ignore then he's missing out on all those cheap insults that I hurl his way. (Someone QUOTE this so he'll see it.)

Reactions: 1 person
I was in a horrible marriage for 13 years to a woman that treated me like garbage. After we had been divorced for about a year, and a couple of other short term relationships that were dead ends, I started seeing this younger woman that I had known since she was a young teenager, she tells me that she has always wanted to be with me, and has just been waiting for the right time to tell me. This girl treats me like the greatest thing that has ever walked the face of the earth, and treats my two very young children like they were her own. We got engaged a few months later, and were planning on being married as soon as possible.

It being her first marriage she of course wanted a big wedding, so we started planning, we even drove to Texas and picked up a box truck full of furniture her Grandparents bought us just two months before our wedding.

A few weeks before the wedding her folks from Texas visited over a weekend, and she was supposed to come back to Knoxville on monday...she didn't show up. I called and called and called for two days..no answer at her moms.

I come home from work on Wednesday night, and there is a U-haul in my driveway, and she and her folks are there loading all her stuff, and the furniture we had just went and got in Texas..I walk in the house and she comes up to me and hands me a letter and walks away. I read the letter telling me why she is not going to marry me, walk in the bedroom, kiss her and tell her I hope she has a nice life, and I leave...

I had just beaten drugs and alcohol right before we started dating, and I felt like she was a gift from God. I mean I had begged God for somebody that would love me and treat me good, and then she just shows up...I felt like God had just played a cruel joke on me, and I left that house and started driving toward the nearest bar intending to drink myself into oblivion...but I didn't...I stopped there right on the side of Alcoa highway and got out and threw my keys in the grass. I dropped to my knees and asked God to forgive me and give me strength, and the patience to follow his plan. I then walked to a pay phone and called my mom to come and get me...

Anyways a year later I'm sitting in CiCis on Kingston pike with my family, and a girl I had known since I was a small kid walks in with a couple of other old friends of mine. I had not seen her in 15 years, and so I go over, and sit down next to her, and we start talking to them, come to find out she was recently divorced from her cheating, abusive husband...We have been together ever since that night almost 20 years ago...she really is an angel sent from God. She has been right beside every step of the way no matter how tough, and she believes in me more than I believe in myself.

Sorry for the epic, but I hope that is helpful to you. Life is too precious to waste so much as a breath on a person who doesn't love you as much as you love them...be patient, and keep trusting in the Lord.

I didn’t know CiCis was around 20 years ago

Have read some ridiculous things on here and arguing if our starting center is in fact a starting center ranks very high.

That's literally arguing to argue. Between grown folks lmao.

Sidenote: a starting center doesn't have to be a reliable scoring threat. His ability to not be able to post up doesn't disqualify him as a starting center. He can rebound, block shots, defend paint, etc

Have read some ridiculous things on here and arguing if our starting center is in fact a starting center ranks very high.

That's literally arguing to argue. Between grown folks lmao.

Sidenote: a starting center doesn't have to be a reliable scoring threat. His ability to not be able to post up doesn't disqualify him as a starting center. He can rebound, block shots, defend paint, etc

Yep it really is sad to argue otherwise

The o line is weak, weaker than ours in fact, and always is. They have some quick shifty backs, no big bruisers. Lots of dink and dunk offense, bubble screens, flares, etc.
However, Grier, and their top wr Sils will be back. They connected quite a bit on deep routes this year til Grier got hurt. Grier did not play the last 4 or 5 games, all their backups are atrocious.
Before Pruitt, I fully expected us to lose, getting beat on deep balls alone, I don't now. I doubt Grier will have time to sit and pick us apart like he did B12 Ds this year.
Their D is a 3-3-5, it sucks. I expect us to run all over them if the o line is even ok. They are really weak against the run. Secondary isn't bad.
We certainly are WAY more talented than them, but I'd say it's a toss up game. New coach, and new schemes on both sides, so who knows?

All my friends are WVU friends, reckon that's what I get for living here. Looking forward to the game, just not the aftermath if we lose!! I'll never hear the end of it! I'd compare their fanbase to UF. If going to the game, fully expect beers thrown, and some fights!
We are going down with about 12 other people.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back