Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

Cade will not be a Vol. From what I was told today. The vist with Cade and the coaches was one big cluster f***. Pruitt might want to control his mouth and other coaches and Fulmer was embarrassed and Cades high school coach thought there were cameras and they were being punked , thats how bad it was.

I find it hard to believe that Pruitt would have any issues controlling his mouth. He’s been recognized as a great recruiter. According to 247, he’s personally pulled in 11 five star players and 26 four star players in his coaching career. You don’t sign players of that caliber by being stupid.

Reactions: 11 people
I don't know what you mean is a joke. But, I do agree that kids should commit to a school and program not so much the coach. My son is going through some of it now and I don't care who is coaching as much as the school and the overall program and it's history, including education. It's funny how this kid commits and stays committed for 2 years under Butch Jones, arguably worst coach in recent times at UT, but won't give the new guys a chance. Seems kind of immature to me. Hopefully his family can help him make better decisions in the future.

Butch lied to them like a dog.

Reactions: 1 person
Whatever happened with CBJ is in the rearview mirror. If CM's heart is at Clemson, UGA or somewhere else then he should follow it. We just don't need bad pub coming from an earnest recruiting effort. After the cancelled OV, and the (allegedly) refused home visit, maybe our staff felt like they had to give it the hard sell? I don't know. I wasn't there. What I do know is that for CM to follow his heart and say 'no thanks' is something we have to respect. For someone to try and smear our new staff for doing their jobs is not respectable.

Reactions: 5 people
I find it hard to believe that Pruitt would have any issues controlling his mouth. He’s been recognized as a great recruiter. According to 247, he’s personally pulled in 11 five star players and 26 four star players in his coaching career. You don’t sign players of that caliber by being stupid.

I have to agree with this. If there was a problem with 'mouth control' I'm betting it wasn't our coaches or AD...

Reactions: 9 people

I thought the same way. The person who told me this is really good friends with Cades high school coach and is a former Vol player. If Hausvol is on here tonight he will confirm my source and everybody on here knows him. He has no reason to lie. He said he was blown away from what his coach told him today. He said the only way Cade ends up being a Vol is if God intervenes. The former Vol that told me this even played with Cades dad.

I thought the same way. The person who told me this is really good friends with Cades high school coach and is a former Vol player. If Hausvol is on here tonight he will confirm my source and everybody on here knows him. He has no reason to lie. He said he was blown away from what his coach told him today. He said the only way Cade ends up being a Vol is if God intervenes. The former Vol that told me this even played with Cades dad.

Are your hurds step dad/ uncle? Vol74

We don't need to be telling Cade to kick rocks and blah blah loyalty after how we did Penix...loyalty is a 2 way street.

I hope he comes and I want us to win but the expectations on the "adult" staff should be much higher then those placed on a high school athlete imho.

We don't need to be telling Cade to kick rocks and blah blah loyalty after how we did Penix...loyalty is a 2 way street.

I hope he comes and I want us to win but the expectations on the "adult" staff should be much higher then those placed on a high school athlete imho.

Different scenarios. QB Penix was not a good fit for new coaches staff system. Mays plays OLine so does matter the system.

💩💩💩

Different scenarios. QB Penix was not a good fit for new coaches staff system. Mays plays OLine so does matter the system.

💩💩💩

No what's not different is people are on Cade because he bucked on TN...well we bucked on Penix...no difference when it comes to loyalty...I'll hold the men to a higher standard than the "kids".

Cade will not be a Vol. From what I was told today. The vist with Cade and the coaches was one big cluster f***. Pruitt might want to control his mouth and other coaches and Fulmer was embarrassed and Cades high school coach thought there were cameras and they were being punked , thats how bad it was.

Carholic’s Head coach hates Tennessee. He was at TN as a QB in the early 90’s. When Fulmer was OC he transferred out to Memphis and is doing what he can to turn kids from UT to other schools. If it was a cluster, I’m sure it had a lot to do with Matthews (Catholic coach).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Carholic’s Head coach hates Tennessee. He was at TN as a QB in the early 90’s. When Fulmer was OC he transferred out to Memphis and is doing what he can to turn kids from UT to other schools. If it was a cluster, I’m sure it had a lot to do with Matthews (Catholic coach).

Isn't JJ Surlas his boss?

You can tell based on the emphasis we're placing on the pursuit of JUCO and GT lineman that the coaching staff knows the CM ship has sailed.

And I'm certainly okay with that. I don't know why he turned on us like he has, nor do I care anymore. I will say though, it's going to be very satisfying in three years when Emerson bull-rushes Mays right into Lawrences lap which causes a fumble that Lawless recovers, securing our win in the CFP and propelling us into the National Championship game.

Just got back from the future. That really does happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Screw the ratings. Drew Richmond was a 5* and you see how that turned out. He commits or he doesn’t. I know we are all obsessed with the kid but the only good Cade committing does for us right now is gives us momentum and gets some heads turned out way for others to follow.

If it's seriously being reported that Coach didn't exercise enough "mouth discipline" then I think I've heard it all now. Who and why would someone even say that?

I'm sure one of Cade Mays' teammates at Knoxville Catholic (Adam Jones WR son of Butch Jones) had nothing to do with any of this business about as much as I'm sure the Knox Cath coach believed that he had no reason for hard feelings either. Aside from the fact that human nature doesn't change all that often, why would any of them want to poison Cade's perception of Tennessee when it's his best route to the NFL? Then again, maybe everyone's just reading too much into it and it's all just one big coincidence.

Cade did like the tweet from Adrian Martinez when he announced that he was committing to Nebraska. It seems as if he's gone to actively hating UT. Thanks Dabo and company for their visit, but no mention of the UT coaches visit. If it's true that Coach Matthews is poisoning the well for his players when it comes to committing to UT, then he needs to answer for it. I sure hope I'm wrong about Cade, but in case I'm not, I hope he's pancaked every play for the part he played in all of this.

Reactions: 5 people
Move along, nothing to see here.
Let's discuss other opportunities and let this thread die

It must be a nightmare to recruit in these days of social media. How many of these school selection decisions are based on twitter trends? (True or false). At least it works both ways, but it seems a bit of luck is involved when it comes to the investment of time and money.

Cade did like the tweet from Adrian Martinez when he announced that he was committing to Nebraska. It seems as if he's gone to actively hating UT. Thanks Dabo and company for their visit, but no mention of the UT coaches visit. If it's true that Coach Matthews is poisoning the well for his players when it comes to committing to UT, then he needs to answer for it. I sure hope I'm wrong about Cade, but in case I'm not, I hope he's pancaked every play for the part he played in all of this.

Good Grief! Get over yourself. Now hating on a HS coach I see.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back