Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

It seem that Mayes soured on UT...he doesn't even list us now...Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State..

Wish him the best...it's just fallout from the Jones era...

Why wasn't there a pic on Twitter of Mays and the UT coaches when they visited his school?

I think there was one with Dabo at his home the same day?

Once UT starts winning again, any Catholic athletes we're interested in will start listening to Coach Pruitt, and stop listening to whomever might be poisoning the well. Winning fixes a lot of ills.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Making excuses for the Pruitt and company.

Truth is Catholic ends up with some of the best players in Knoxville. To get those to Tennessee, the UT HC is going to have to create a good relationship, one of trust, with Matthews. If Pruitt can't do that - he may as well stop recruiting those players and let them go elsewhere.

Truth is Catholic ends up with some of the biggest attitudes in Knoxville also. It might be that his attitude outran his ability and Pruitt called him on it. If the hate exists at the coach level as you say, there would be more said about this than simple hearsay. If coach was insulting, I imagine a report would have already reached the Chancellor's desk and as tight as security is over there, even Hyam's would already have the story. I've had enough primadonna bullspit with Hurd and JJ. Let him go to Clemson. Dabo won't put up with his ass either. The only HC he could push around was fired..... Maybe he should go to oSu, he could probably tell Meyer to FO and get away with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Truth is Catholic ends up with some of the biggest attitudes in Knoxville also. It might be that his attitude outran his ability and Pruitt called him on it. If the hate exists at the coach level as you say, there would be more said about this than simple hearsay. If coach was insulting, I imagine a report would have already reached the Chancellor's desk and as tight as security is over there, even Hyam's would already have the story. I've had enough primadonna bullspit with Hurd and JJ. Let him go to Clemson. Dabo won't put up with his ass either. The only HC he could push around was fired..... Maybe he should go to oSu, he could probably tell Meyer to FO and get away with it.
He just doesn't want to go to an awful team. How hard is that to understand? Can you blame the kid? It couldn't have been fun to play for Tennessee this year. Tennessee got crushed by Vandy. Tennessee is the worst team in the SEC and the fourth best team in the state. Obviously Tennessee won't always be this low, but we're coming off a historically bad year. I say cut the kid some slack. There's no reason to assasinate his character, accuse him of having an attitude, call him a primodonna. You'll be all about him if Pruitt flips him back, but since he didn't looks unlikely he's chopped liver. Give me a break. I wish him luck at Clemson or wherever he chooses to play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people
My biggest problem is it sounds like he was heavily involved in getting trey Smith and others to come. Now they have to accept a new coaching staff but he bailed on them? 1 kid does not make a team, hate to lose a 5 star but if the new staff can develop these guys, that will lead to success.

He just doesn't want to go to an awful team. How hard is that to understand? Can you blame the kid? It couldn't have been fun to play for Tennessee this year. Tennessee got crushed by Vandy. Tennessee is the worst team in the SEC and the fourth best team in the state. Obviously Tennessee won't always be this low, but we're coming off a historically bad year. I say cut the kid some slack. There's no reason to assasinate his character, accuse him of having an attitude, call him a primodonna. You'll be all about him if Pruitt flips him back, but since he didn't looks unlikely he's chopped liver. Give me a break. I wish him luck at Clemson or wherever he chooses to play.

This is your best post ever

My biggest problem is it sounds like he was heavily involved in getting trey Smith and others to come. Now they have to accept a new coaching staff but he bailed on them? 1 kid does not make a team, hate to lose a 5 star but if the new staff can develop these guys, that will lead to success.

Agreed. We get good players playing as a unit we will be much improved. Trey will only get better too; stud!

He has no filter. He has ticked off prospects, parents, HS coaches, fellow coaches, superiors (by far the most), and boosters. I was serious when I said he would be fine but Phil needed to keep him on a leash. Ran his mouth once too many at Ga and lost a fight to a coach.

Yep. There's a reason Pruitt didn't have any other offers. Guy can be perfectly fine one moment...then boom...his fuse gets lit and he says stuff without being conscious of his surroundings. Like the guy as a DC though.

Yep. There's a reason Pruitt didn't have any other offers. Guy can be perfectly fine one moment...then boom...his fuse gets lit and he says stuff without being conscious of his surroundings. Like the guy as a DC though.

Mississippi State got pretty serious about him.

Reactions: 1 person

A lot of fans are too emotionally affected to see it that objectively. I get it. I can get that way sometimes too. However honestly I don't blame the kid. I think Pruitt will prove to be a great hire here but Cade doesn't want to take that risk when he knows he can go to a Clemson, an Ohio State, or a Georgia and know that those programs right now are better, more stable. He's making a decision that will affect the rest of his life. I didn't blame Tee Higgins or Amari Rogers for choosing to go elsewhere either. Under Jones, what WR wanted to come here and block for 4 years? I just hope Cade doesn't pick GA. De committing from Tennessee is one thing but choosing a rival SEC school over us would be a real kick in the nuts!

Better Clemson than a rival school. Let the kid go where he desires. We need to worry about developing the guys we have. I'll put Trey Smith up against anyone. Build around this cornerstone and turn this offense around. If so, maybe we get Cade's younger bro.

Go Vols!

Mississippi State got pretty serious about him.

Mississippi State interviewed him and passed; and Miss State isn't considered to be as good of a program as Tennessee. Maybe Fulmer is smarter than all the other ADs who passed on Pruitt. The chatter about an incident or two while he was the DC at UGA suggest Fulmer will need to keep a close eye on him and likely be prepared to occasionally smooth things over with boosters and people within the Athletic Department.

He has no filter. He has ticked off prospects, parents, HS coaches, fellow coaches, superiors (by far the most), and boosters. I was serious when I said he would be fine but Phil needed to keep him on a leash. Ran his mouth once too many at Ga and lost a fight to a coach.

Link?

Reactions: 2 people
Mississippi State interviewed him and passed; and Miss State isn't considered to be as good of a program as Tennessee. Maybe Fulmer is smarter than all the other ADs who passed on Pruitt. The chatter about an incident or two while he was the DC at UGA suggest Fulmer will need to keep a close eye on him and likely be prepared to occasionally smooth things over with boosters and people within the Athletic Department.

I can’t IMAGINE in a 100 years going to another teams website and posting ANYTHING much less stuff that has nothing to do with my team. But I have a life i guess!

Reactions: 6 people
We shouldn't be hating on the kid for not wanting to come to Tennessee. He's a blue chip player and he wants to win national championships and go to the NFL. How many times can a coach step in and sell his propaganda line about rebuilding the program and it still sell? The kids around the country have heard about it from kiffin, Dooley, Butch, and now Pruitt. At some level most of the kids who have any intelligence are listening to the sales pitch and just thinking blah, blah, blah. The proof is in the pudding. Start winning, and the kids will start listening.

All highly recruited players (e.g. 5* and some 4*) have big attitudes and attitudes of entitlement. All players at schools that win where football is glorified can have big attitudes within their community if not properly controlled by folks that keep them from getting too big for the britches. It comes with success.

Those who are successful expect to be rewarded regardless of whether they go to a private school or some small town school out in the middle of nowhere.

I can’t IMAGINE in a 100 years going to another teams website and posting ANYTHING much less stuff that has nothing to do with my team. But I have a life i guess!

So now we have the UGA folks trying to warn us like the Cincinnati folks did. Seems to be a pattern.

So now we have the UGA folks trying to warn us like the Cincinnati folks did. Seems to be a pattern.

If he was that big a problem then why would Saban bring him back for a second go round?

Doesn't make sense, maybe he wanted to win more than the other coaches that were at UGA at the time, I mean where else could you stay for 10 years or so and not win at least one national title with all the talent that passed through there and still keep your job?

I could see how that would cause problems with coaches, shoot I'm not even a coach but I hate it when someone at my job is lazy just because they know nothing will happen to them.

And if the stories are true then it'll be Dooley 2.0 with coaches jumping ship left and right, so I'm sure we'll find out in short order how true all these rumors are

Reactions: 2 people

There's a pattern here alright... and it's you pushing a narrative.

The notion that he's a loose cannon is hard to sell when Nick Saban, who hated Kiffin's antics, seems to have no problem with Pruitt.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back