Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

There's a pattern here alright... and it's you pushing a narrative.

The notion that he's a loose cannon is hard to sell when Nick Saban, who hated Kiffin's antics, seems to have no problem with Pruitt.

My post had nothing to do with Saban, Kiffin, etc.

And I did not say whether I believed or didn't believe the stories. It was just an observation on my part that we have had schools associated with the last few coaches that post these type of things.

If you want to look for agendas look at the folks that believed one and not the other or vice versa. Those are the ones with agendas.

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Cade Mays. In fact, I had never seen him play until recently. I was on the sidelines at the TSSAA state championship game and I didn't like what I saw from him at all. What I saw was a bad attitude, a lack of maturity (natural for a high school kid, but unsettling nonetheless), and an inability to control his temper on the field. I'm not torn up about him going somewhere else.

Reactions: 3 people
Mississippi State interviewed him and passed; and Miss State isn't considered to be as good of a program as Tennessee. Maybe Fulmer is smarter than all the other ADs who passed on Pruitt. The chatter about an incident or two while he was the DC at UGA suggest Fulmer will need to keep a close eye on him and likely be prepared to occasionally smooth things over with boosters and people within the Athletic Department.

Well, when you have a chance to hit a grand slam with Joe Moorhead, why screw around with Alabama's DC? I have another thought, maybe Fulmer is just smarter than you?

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Cade Mays. In fact, I had never seen him play until recently. I was on the sidelines at the TSSAA state championship game and I didn't like what I saw from him at all. What I saw was a bad attitude, a lack of maturity (natural for a high school kid, but unsettling nonetheless), and an inability to control his temper on the field. I'm not torn up about him going somewhere else.

Got that from Dad no doubt

I was at the Catholic vs Oak ridge game , I saw the exact same thing, plus the kid won’t be a LT or RT in college , he too small, I see him as a guard . Gl with this big headed pre Madonna Clemson or Georgia 🤙

Reactions: 2 people
I was at the Catholic vs Oak ridge game , I saw the exact same thing, plus the kid won’t be a LT or RT in college , he too small, I see him as a guard . Gl with this big headed pre Madonna Clemson or Georgia 🤙

madonna-pre-madonna.jpg

*primadonna

He just doesn't want to go to an awful team. How hard is that to understand? Can you blame the kid? It couldn't have been fun to play for Tennessee this year. Tennessee got crushed by Vandy. Tennessee is the worst team in the SEC and the fourth best team in the state. Obviously Tennessee won't always be this low, but we're coming off a historically bad year. I say cut the kid some slack. There's no reason to assasinate his character, accuse him of having an attitude, call him a primodonna. You'll be all about him if Pruitt flips him back, but since he didn't looks unlikely he's chopped liver. Give me a break. I wish him luck at Clemson or wherever he chooses to play.

I was responding to accusations about our coach. Couldn't care less about the kid going to Clemson. He's obviously been committed to Jones for two years so good for him. I do have experience with kids from Catholic and stand by my what if scenario.

Keep woo'ing, you may get one right one of these days.

I will say this , if your a stud the scouts will find you and you will be drafted high . So I guess it depends on the motives of what your going to play for .... I dunno but if Cade is a beast he will get drafted high If here Clemson or Mtsu , just saying .

Better Clemson than a rival school. Let the kid go where he desires. We need to worry about developing the guys we have. I'll put Trey Smith up against anyone. Build around this cornerstone and turn this offense around. If so, maybe we get Cade's younger bro.

Go Vols!

That Clemson isn't a rival on the field doesn't let them off the hook. They've been poaching in our backyard too long and getting successful at it. That makes them a rival - a threat; we need to keep our own at home. As you said the first part is to build a successful team to attract top recruits. But it's time to get serious about Clemson poaching.

I will say this , if your a stud the scouts will find you and you will be drafted high . So I guess it depends on the motives of what your going to play for .... I dunno but if Cade is a beast he will get drafted high If here Clemson or Mtsu , just saying .

THIS. If you have the ability, health, and drive to play in the NFL they will find you and give you a shot at it. The NFL to this day has guys starting from very small schools over guys in their class from the big schools. Jerry Rice/Alcorn State, Walter Payton/Jackson State 'nuff said, there's a myriad of similar examples.

Reverse it, think all 22 starters for Bama every year end up on NFL rosters?

Kerbyson was taken by Dooley over Shaq Mason a Columbia, TN product who went to Ga. Tech. You know who is playing in the NFL? And currently blocking for Tom Brady? Not Kerby. :rock:

Kiffin offered Kerbyson at USC. Hear he’s a genius. Also cut loose Tajih Boyd for Matt Simms.

Mississippi State interviewed him and passed; and Miss State isn't considered to be as good of a program as Tennessee. Maybe Fulmer is smarter than all the other ADs who passed on Pruitt. The chatter about an incident or two while he was the DC at UGA suggest Fulmer will need to keep a close eye on him and likely be prepared to occasionally smooth things over with boosters and people within the Athletic Department.

This is the Greysondawg I always said you were. :) Eddie Haskell of Volnation. :lol: In case you’re a young know it all with no point of reference, that was a character in the 50s-60s sitcom Leave It To Beaver...Google it.

Reactions: 7 people

100% false that MSU 'passed' on JP. Stop making things up. My info is from within the MSU AD.

VN Store

Back