Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

Does anyone think this may turn into another DR situation with a last minute flip

his heart turned strongly against TN sometime ago.

Time to move on. I'm sure Fulmer and Pruitt have. Cade does not want to come to TN any longer, end of story.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 3 people
If all that has been said, then good luck to the lad in his future, wherever that is...We need players, not ideas.

Reactions: 2 people

Time to move on. I'm sure Fulmer and Pruitt have. Cade does not want to come to TN any longer, end of story.

GO VOLS!!!

Worry about the ones we get, not the ones we don't!

I wish the young man the best and hope he does well.. Just bad timing and circumstances and I cant blame him for not taking the chance with coaches he doesn't know,honestly

I can't blame him for looking at a winner and moving on after everything. I hope that the visit went well and he at least knows Vol nation will support him regardless. This is on UT, not the kid.

Get the guys that want to come and play at UT, if you have to be sold on UT, then this might not be the place for you. Regardless of your talent level.

Reactions: 1 person

GO VOLS!!!

I’m telling you this kid is overrated...seen him play a few times. Holds constantly and whines as well

Reactions: 7 people
I wish the young man the best and hope he does well.. Just bad timing and circumstances and I cant blame him for not taking the chance with coaches he doesn't know,honestly

Hey, the guy just want to get away from Knoxville. College is more than just football. He is probably considering all the factors. Plus, Tenn was in total disarray.

However, going forward JP needs to put a clamp on all these great Tenn guys going to Clemson.

Get the guys that want to come and play at UT, if you have to be sold on UT, then this might not be the place for you. Regardless of your talent level.

I would typically agree but if you were in his giant shoes all of the chaos we had would likely give you pause.

Time to let it go. If he doesn't want to be here, then so be it. Wish him luck, wherever.

There was UT Football before Cade Mays, and there will be UT Football with or without him, and after him. Simple as that. We made our pitch; it's his decision to make.

Not everyone who lives in the shadow of Neyland Stadium is a VFL, or gets what it means to be one. I'm not going to lose one second of sleep over a Knoxville native who chooses to go elsewhere. Opens up a spot for someone who really wants to be here.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 8 people
I understand his stance, I really do but you don't commit to a coach, you commit to a school. VOLS were around before and will be after CJP and these kids should understand coaching is a business unless your winning...(joke).

Offensive linemen are hard to evaluate. A linemen playing against Catholic' s competition makes it even harder.

That and its more about potential. He didn't get rated on playing alone. Technique can be improved but get off, lateral quickness and frame are all important factors.

Still, he wouldn't have this rating by all the pros if he had a lot of question marks around his potential.

I posted this in the Recruiting Forum but will repeat. I wish Cade all the best.

I hope he is on a Clemson team that plays for a NC.

Against UT.

While he sits on the bench behind two other 5 stars.

And we win it all.

:)

Reactions: 4 people
Cade will not be a Vol. From what I was told today. The vist with Cade and the coaches was one big cluster f***. Pruitt might want to control his mouth and other coaches and Fulmer was embarrassed and Cades high school coach thought there were cameras and they were being punked , thats how bad it was.

Cade will not be a Vol. From what I was told today. The vist with Cade and the coaches was one big cluster f***. Pruitt might want to control his mouth and other coaches and Fulmer was embarrassed and Cades high school coach thought there were cameras and they were being punked , thats how bad it was.

Specifics please

Reactions: 4 people
I watched his film for the first time and theres no doubt he has the ability, but he is very very raw technique wise. A good coach knows they can make him into a 1st round pick. If he goes somewhere with an average line coach he will be a bust.

I understand his stance, I really do but you don't commit to a coach, you commit to a school. VOLS were around before and will be after CJP and these kids should understand coaching is a business unless your winning...(joke).

I don't know what you mean is a joke. But, I do agree that kids should commit to a school and program not so much the coach. My son is going through some of it now and I don't care who is coaching as much as the school and the overall program and it's history, including education. It's funny how this kid commits and stays committed for 2 years under Butch Jones, arguably worst coach in recent times at UT, but won't give the new guys a chance. Seems kind of immature to me. Hopefully his family can help him make better decisions in the future.

Sounds like something a publicist for Mays' family would post.

Reactions: 8 people

GO VOLS!!!

If so then I wish him all the best. I put no blame on him but on CBJ for the crap show. Hate to see him leave but I understand he has to do what he feels is best for him

VN Store

Back