'18 TN OL Jerome Carvin (UT signee)

You right, Copeland will probably wait. Trey Smith and Richmond are tweeting at Valentin (and vice versa). Getting Valentin in there at guard and allowing Trey to slide out to tackle would be nice. Saw on Tatums twitter he plans on being 300+ throughout spring camp. Wonder if starting Carvin at guard (or keeping him there) would be a good fit for him in college? 6’4 330lb sounds like a guard to me.

I'm pretty sure that Carvin, Valentin, and Wallace are all OGs .I'm not sure where exactly Lane projects, but I'd guess guard as well.

Jamir Johnson and Chase Brown are OTs.

Seems like the staff wants to shore up the interior first of all. Smith can play OT and be great there, so if they can find two decent OGs and an OC, then in theory we're just a RT away from being serviceable (but still lacking in depth) up front.

Reactions: 1 person
Taylor, Carvin, Banks, and Murphy all this weekend.

Hopefully we can grab Van Jefferson, too.

yqa6ourvfq201.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Huge. If we can get Carvin, the grad transfer, and one of those JUCOs on campus next semester, then our OL prospects look a lot better for 2018. If that happens, then we just need to hear good news about the health of Hall and Niehaus and we might have serviceable OL play next year.

Plus possibility of Boulware not transferring.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm pretty sure that Carvin, Valentin, and Wallace are all OGs .I'm not sure where exactly Lane projects, but I'd guess guard as well.

Jamir Johnson and Chase Brown are OTs.

Seems like the staff wants to shore up the interior first of all. Smith can play OT and be great there, so if they can find two decent OGs and an OC, then in theory we're just a RT away from being serviceable (but still lacking in depth) up front.

Maybe I’m kidding myself but I believe Richmond will be much better at RT than LT...with proper coaching and making that switch he finally might play up to his ranking

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe I’m kidding myself but I believe Richmond will be much better at RT than LT...with proper coaching and making that switch he finally might play up to his ranking

I read somewhere that Richmond was talking up CJP to a recruit. Hope so, really need a light to go off with him. Only he can put the work in.

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope we get the Memphis pipeline back going. We have lost to many good players out of there over the last few years. Pruitt has a good reputation in Memphis, and Ole Miss being a big crap hole right now really opens the door for us.

Hope so! Just thought the video was odd timing

Definitely seemed odd. I went back and watched it. The part that is missing is what could be critical though. We don't hear the question that was asked by the reporter. My guess is it was "tell us why you've stayed committed through the coaching change." A question like that kinda leaves him no other option than to answer like he did.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/RobbyDonoho/status/940732694689996801[/twitter]

My take is that this kid is very much open to flipping. Just a reporter asked a question and the kid answered it the best way he could.

Jeremy Pruitt, along with running backs coach Robert Gillespie and offensive line coach Will Friend, made a pair of in-home visits Tuesday night, going to Memphis to see uncommitted offensive tackle Jerome Carvin and running back Jeremy Banks.

By all accounts, both visits were a smashing success, as Banks reaffirmed his plans to take his final official visit to Tennessee this weekend.

The Cordova ‘back wasn’t offered by the previous staff but after an impressive senior season (1,900 yards, 32 touchdowns) and a coaching change, Banks has become a real priority for the Vols.

Meanwhile, Carvin told VolQuest that after his sit-down with Tennessee’s new coaches he decided to cancel is unofficial trip to Florida this weekend and come to Knoxville with Banks. Carvin plans to commit in less than a week and then sign and enroll early, making his change of plans all the more interesting.

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back