Recruiting Forum Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re just gonna have to accept that this class, with the early signing period, might be worse than what Butch supplied when he was hired. We may get the true VFL’s to stick (Mays, Warren, Taylor, etc.), but it will probably be in the 15-25 range. The next coach should have ZERO issue selling early playing time.

If Currie has someone to announce as new HC today Butch would be publicly gone by now. He doesn't and probably doesn't want it to be a lingering question that then leads to prospective candidates being badgered with questions before they are ready for them. This is all stuff that matters.

If it's Gruden which I doubt it is then he isn't ready for an announcement. If it's someone Else it's because they have a current season to complete.

On a side note Football Scoop saying Taggert buyout would be easy for someone or himself to buyout. Sounds like Oregon AD pulled a Hammy and may get left in the dust.... he is a Florida native. Could be in play at FL if not TN would be smart to have him on our list as well knowing his buyout is $4.6 million which can be spread over 48 months

I heard again yesterday that Taggart would listen if UT or FL came calling. IMO, he would be a home run hire

We’re just gonna have to accept that this class, with the early signing period, might be worse than what Butch supplied when he was hired. We may get the true VFL’s to stick (Mays, Warren, Taylor, etc.), but it will probably be in the 15-25 range. The next coach should have ZERO issue selling early playing time.

As long as week keep Litaker, Emerson, Mays(the TN boys) I'll be happy

Reactions: 1 person
I've seen some of the stories about the #EmptyNeyland push. I hope everyone with tickets goes and supports the players. This mess is not entirely their fault. Jones is a "dead man walking" and it is just a matter of time till Currie pulls the trigger. We just need to get through this and hope Currie does his job. I sure hope Currie is using intermediaries to further the coaching search.

I heard again yesterday that Taggart would listen if UT or FL came calling. IMO, he would be a home run hire

If UF and UF go after him he’s going there over us and won’t even think twice about it.

Last edited:
Probably. I think you are gonna see some guys bounce as soon as he gets let go.

I think it is amazing we still have 20 commits.

But no matter what you are gonna leak commits.
As you’ve said multiple times, everyone knows he’s not coming back.

Why would it make a difference if he’s fired today or in 2 weeks if its so obvious he’s not coming back anyways.

Won't help bro. I know you and bass think it will but it won't.

It's an irrational thought.

It doesn't matter what I think you're getting your wish...four more weeks of absolute trash watching zombie Butch stand there and do nothing constructive, while the world around us wonders what in the hell is Currie thinking.

The bad part is. If the next coach doesn't come in and goes at least 8-4. Curry will be on the hot seat

Isn't the fact we can debate the roster status, given that 2013 team was the worst roster in modern UT history, an indictment on Butch as a whole?

Reactions: 2 people
As you’ve said multiple times, everyone knows he’s not coming back.

Why would it make a difference if he’s fired today or in 2 weeks if its so obvious he’s not coming back anyways.

You gotta keep in mind that CBJ and his staff are telling these kids they are coming back.

I don't think I have ever said the recruits know he is fired. Fanbase (for the most part) knows he is fired. Recruits aren't living this stuff everyday like Vol fans are. Their connections to the program are the coaches and the coaches are telling them to hang tight and stay committed.

you *****ed out because you didn't win the east when a top 2 team will. stop. quit trying to act the optics look fine.

The optics are fine. Jimmy wore out his welcome within the AD and caused a PR nightmare with the alleged death threats to players. Family members wanted answers and he had none because he made it up. He's lucky to walk away with 4 of the 12M. Nobody is turning down UF bc JMac failed at the task he was hired to do: fix offense, beat rivals and recruit.

Reactions: 3 people
You gotta keep in mind that CBJ and his staff are telling these kids they are coming back.

I don't think I have ever said the recruits know he is fired. Fanbase (for the most part) knows he is fired. Recruits aren't living this stuff everyday like Vol fans are. Their connections to the program are the coaches and the coaches are telling them to hang tight and stay committed.

C’mon, these recruits are much smarter than you are giving them credit for.

They know he’s gone just as much as we do. They don’t live in some bubble where all they hear is what the coaches are telling them.

If this was the pre social media 90s I would agree with you, but these kids are not living in a information vacuum. Also I would like to think they are not morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back