Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neyland's worst period was a 2 year span in which he went 9-9-2. He was pretty dominant in all other years. The man had a shutout rate of over 50%. In 1932 the General won his conference. Following that was his longest championship drought. However, we should all know what happened in 1938.

He still had down years and won 1 NC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should we be happy with top 15, why can't I want UT to be Top 5 if not Top 3?

You (and I) can want it! but lets be realistic. UT has NEVER been a top 5 program year in year out since the 30's or 50's. I wish UT competed for a NC every year! But NO ONE does. Things will be fine! Will a new coach give UT that 100%/ No! Fulmer is very good for UT!

BTW....

Ask the "average" football fan to name the top 10 college football programs in the country. In General!

They will say (not in order)
USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Miami, Alabama, Florida State or Florida, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan.

No UT, No LSU, No Georgia, No Auburn

They are not the top ten today!!!! but as a whole, those are the teams that people think of when college football is mentioned! UT is in the top 15! UT fans may not be 100% satisfied, but need to be pretty darn happy.

No actual evidence to back anything up, so let's just make things up. That's fun.

Nebraska missed a couple of bowls and then removed the man responsible for those blunders. Miami did the same.

Look, I'm not saying I want Fulmer around for another 18 years, but he's really only had one bad season. Miami may be similar, but the situation at Nebraska is completely different.

Nebraska missed a couple of bowls and then removed the man responsible for those blunders. Miami did the same.

Correct....but UT missed 1 year. Their programs were in shambles. UT's is not that bad.

Hey...i want UT to be better and have more championships, just like everyone on here. i just don't think it is on Fulmer. That is all!

UT claims!!!! Officially...it is 2. 1951 and 1998!

Neyland had 5 or 6 undefeated seasons. I don't really care. If Neyland coached an undefeated season and someone awarded him a National Championship for it, that is good enough for me. That's exactly what Fulmer did. I couldn't care less who made it "official".

Fulmer has been complacent. It's past time to move on, but I understand that there are a host of folks out there for whom 1998 was the high water mark of their experience as UTK football fans and their personal desire to keep on living in that moment prevents them from letting go of Fulmer. He is a totem of sorts, by which those who want to can imagine that time stood still. Hopefully, you are all really old.

Neyland had 5 or 6 undefeated seasons. I don't really care. If Neyland coached an undefeated season and someone awarded him a National Championship for it, that is good enough for me. That's exactly what Fulmer did. I couldn't care less who made it "official".

Ugh....A little easier in the 30's-50's when only 60 or so teams played major football. Neyland was hired because UT COULD NOT BEAT VANDY! Think about that. BTW....Neyland is a god and I am not bashing him. Hell Sewanne was one of the best teams in the country in the 20's!

8-5 is good?

2005 is the only losing season we've ever had under Fulmer. I'm just pointing out that comparing Fulmer to the debacle that was Nebraska football for a few years is a tad bit of a stretch. I'm not here to defend his 2 mediocre and one bad season since 1999.

Clemson has for a long time been an irresistible force as well.

diarrhea.jpg

Ugh....A little easier in the 30's-50's when only 60 or so teams played major football. Neyland was hired because UT COULD NOT BEAT VANDY! Think about that. BTW....Neyland is a god and I am not bashing him. Hell Sewanne was one of the best teams in the country in the 20's!

None of that is even slightly meaningful. Neyland would probably find it hilarious that UT now struggles against Florida. Neyland beat the best challengers routinely. Fulmer gets embarrassed by them.

Fulmer has been complacent. It's past time to move on, but I understand that there are a host of folks out there for whom 1998 was the high water mark of their experience as UTK football fans and their personal desire to keep on living in that moment prevents them from letting go of Fulmer. He is a totem of sorts, by which those who want to can imagine that time stood still. Hopefully, you are all really old.

I couldn't agree more, it's time for him to move on. The game has simply past him by, now Fulmer is a good guy but enough is enough. When your at a program like UT, we shouldn't go ten years without winning an SEC title. I cant understand why UT fans tolerate this mediocrity!:banghead2:

None of that is even slightly meaningful. Neyland would probably find it hilarious that UT now struggles against Florida. Neyland beat the best challengers routinely. Fulmer gets embarrassed by them.

We spend a lot of our time now either winning ugly or losing ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back