Trump just solved health care

And still no one read it. They figured it out after it was passed. So many things came out they were wrong about.

Yes, but by far the biggest problem was bad estimates of the number of healthy people who would sign up versus the number of sick people. It was too tilted to the latter, causing premiums to really go higher than expected, or causing insurers to leave.

The solution is to work on the incentive end to get healthy people to sign up for these plans.

What Trump is trying to do is create alternative, cheaper plans, that don't cover what sick or just plain older people need. So all that is going to do it siphon off the healthy people from the current plans. Two effects: 1) Makes the current policies designed to help all even less affordable; 2) Artificially gives the impression that the ACA is the problem.

So what happens when the young healthy people signed up for the new cheap plans get older, and sicker? This is basically going to create a ramp, and as you get older and move to the next bracket, your insurance will steadily go up and up and up, until it breaks you, you die, or you qualify for Medicare. Pray that between 50 and 65 you don't get a serious illness or your f$cked.

Who benefits?

2Q==
1200px-United-health-group.svg.png

Empire-Blue-Cross-Blue-Shield-Health-Insurance.jpg

wGKYsaFWOP4TQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

5c8yvAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

If you want to fix what is broken, you have to get people paying in when they are healthy, not displace it all on the sick. That is a formula for collapse.

Reactions: 3 people
The rising cost as you get older can be helped by utilizing HSAs. The nontaxed money is immediately saving 25-28 percent right out of the gate. I would be for passing the unused money in these accounts down to spouses and children.

It’s a novel concept, saving for the future.

Reactions: 2 people
That is not going to happen, I agree there, unless people are willing to put other people in jail on a massive scale nothing is going to change. Whether its healthcare or the banking industry.

Things will have to collapse, eventually they will, they always do.

You sound more like a commie every day. "Put all the business men in jail!"

Military, police, fire, judicial/courts, corrections, prisons, education, food and drug inspections, inspectors in general, social workers, orphanages, care for the elderly, parks service, roads, bridges, interstates, much of transportation including mass transit ....

I don't recall any of the bold being industries. But whatever.

I agree that private prisons should be done away. Your other examples are just crazy. You believe building roads/bridges, transportation services and nursing homes should all be not for profit?

If you want to fix what is broken, you have to get people paying in when they are healthy, not displace it all on the sick. That is a formula for collapse.

No, because they can charge whatever they want. Sorry roll again. That is really what Medicare is -- how is that working? Oh yeah, more or less insolvent, just playing pretend right now.

You sound more like a commie every day. "Put all the business men in jail!"

Not all, but you have anti-trust laws, consumer protection laws, price fixing laws, etc. They can't hide behind a corporate veil when engaged in obvious criminal behavior -- if this was the oil companies they would all be in jail.

20 million people signed up with the ACA, so your notion that it was created over a one-year period just to "score political points" is utterly stupid. ACA still works very well in some states. You forget that Trump has been steadily sabotaging it since he took office--I think mostly because he's a racist and is quite determined to undue everything Obama achieved, not because he actually disagrees with th policies--he doesn't know a damn thing--but, as I say, because he's a white supremacist who can't stand Obama.

The only thing that will come out of this executive order, I read, is cheap policies that will cover virtually nothing. Of course you can lower insurance premiums--but only with policies that don't cover preexisting conditions, prescription drugs or mental health care and have very high deductibles, etc. Trump is a disgrace.

good. because that was missing and screwed over a whole bunch of people fresh out of college.

So, that answer is throw more money at a system the gov't created which was flawed to begin with but the only thing dems saw was unicorns and cotton candy. Yea, no thanks.

Yes, but by far the biggest problem was bad estimates of the number of healthy people who would sign up versus the number of sick people. It was too tilted to the latter, causing premiums to really go higher than expected, or causing insurers to leave.

The solution is to work on the incentive end to get healthy people to sign up for these plans.

What Trump is trying to do is create alternative, cheaper plans, that don't cover what sick or just plain older people need. So all that is going to do it siphon off the healthy people from the current plans. Two effects: 1) Makes the current policies designed to help all even less affordable; 2) Artificially gives the impression that the ACA is the problem.

So what happens when the young healthy people signed up for the new cheap plans get older, and sicker? This is basically going to create a ramp, and as you get older and move to the next bracket, your insurance will steadily go up and up and up, until it breaks you, you die, or you qualify for Medicare. Pray that between 50 and 65 you don't get a serious illness or your f$cked.

Who benefits?

you don't see the conflict in the two bolded?

it benefits me. the young healthy guy forced to pay 200 dollars more a month than I needed to, while living near bottom income tax bracket.

I think its been 3 years since my old plan went away, thanks Obama, so that is 7200 dollars I could have saved. With that money and what I have saved I could be in a house now instead of continuing to rent. That is literally a life changing amount of money for me. ACA can kiss my pale white ass.

Reactions: 1 person
They never address the cost i.e. the root cause of the problem. What all these plans are is to reduce the cost of insurance, not really the cost of the healthcare. An insurance company doesn't really care where you put a decimal - meaning if it cost 1.00 or 10.00 or 100.00 or 1000.00 or 10000.00 or 1000000.00 - all they really care about is profit margin.

The politicians do not even identify or want to discuss the problem - they'll talk about the symptoms all day long.

Nothing is going to be fixed, collapse most probably.

The rising cost as you get older can be helped by utilizing HSAs. The nontaxed money is immediately saving 25-28 percent right out of the gate. I would be for passing the unused money in these accounts down to spouses and children.

It’s a novel concept, saving for the future.

Yes. I mean, looking at retirement savings rates, and considering how much old sick poor people are able to squirrel away right now, this seems like an obvious solution.

Yes. I mean, looking at retirement savings rates, and considering how much old sick poor people are able to squirrel away right now, this seems like an obvious solution.

you shouldn't start saving when you are retired. just like you shouldn't get healthcare AFTER you are sick.

If there is no income generated there is nothing to tax, if that is what you are getting at. I might be missing the meaning on this as well.

you shouldn't start saving when you are retired. just like you shouldn't get healthcare AFTER you are sick.

My g/f developed Type I Diabetes at 9 years old because of an auto immune problem. Bitc$ should have been saving starting at 6 months old, huh?

Meh, like Puerto Ricans, its her own fault and she just wants something for nothing.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't believe I'm doing this but there is a first time for everything, I guess... This looks like a very necessary first step toward fixing health care and a solid E.O.. I don't think you will hear many complaints about it from the left.

My g/f developed Type I Diabetes at 9 years old because of an auto immune problem. Bitc$ should have been saving starting at 6 months old, huh?

Meh, like Puerto Ricans, its her own fault and she just wants something for nothing.

Well, that is life, we all get sick and we are all going to die - life isn't fair.

Got to start somewhere. Individual responsibility is a good place to start. It’s so American.

Not all, but you have anti-trust laws, consumer protection laws, price fixing laws, etc. They can't hide behind a corporate veil when engaged in obvious criminal behavior -- if this was the oil companies they would all be in jail.

Instead of putting more people behind bars (we have way too many) how about we just introduce competition by limiting regulations?

I have a 12 year old and a 9 year old. I pay for their stuff. And if they develop type 1 I will pick up the tab.

Did Your g/f have parents? If so I hope they didn’t tell her at 9 she was screwed.

Instead of putting more people behind bars (we have way too many) how about we just introduce competition by limiting regulations?

Hm. imo the problem is much bigger than we can imagine. Meaning much of this is controlled locally, so local medical boards will limit licensing, etc. ... they have influence also as to zoning. So, what you have is a corrupt system from the bottom up. So, imo, to say more competition is good, the problem is why do you not have the competition?

You have competition in oil, let all the big oil companies collude and see what happens. What you really have in the medical industry is a criminal enterprise -- no they don't all get into the same room but if you go to hospital after hospital you will see the same thing - over and over.

If someone can't even give you a rough estimate on the costs of a procedure, you have a real problem - that isn't going to be solved by saying remove regulation because much of the regulation and control is locally.

You already have enough laws - if they enforced the ones on the books that would be a great start, but nobody wants to do it.

Last edited:
Bottom line (IMHO) ... the health care industry should not operate as a for profit, free market industry. The bottom line for the health care industry should be improving the quality of life for their fellow man. (That does not preclude health care workers from making a decent living).

So how would you compare that thought to the one about pro football players making millions playing a game - all justified by the limited time their bodies can participate? Doctors, for example, have spent years learning the practice. Reasonable for one group to profit on the front end, but not for another to profit on the back end? Which group provides the higher value service? Which one would you trust with a medical problem? Society has very strange ways of evaluating worth.

Hm. imo the problem is much bigger than we can imagine. Meaning much of this is controlled locally, so local medical boards will limit licensing, etc. ... they have influence also as to zoning. So, what you have is a corrupt system from the bottom up.

So, imo, to say more competition is good, the problem is why do you not have the competition?

You have competition in oil, let all the big oil companies collude and see what happens. What you really have in the medical industry is a criminal enterprise -- no they don't all get into the same room but if you go to hospital after hospital you will see the same thing - over and over.

If someone can't even give you a rough estimate on the costs of a procedure, you have a real problem - that isn't going to be solved by saying remove regulation because much of the regulation and control is locally.

I've never been a fan of zoning nor professional licensing. Eliminate both and keep more people out of jail.

her parents didn't love her and have insurance?

I've never been a fan of zoning nor professional licensing. Eliminate both and keep more people out of jail.

Yes, but you can't control that at the national level. Try and open a hospital in your area, you better know a lot of the people in the area - and they will want their cut.

Hm. imo the problem is much bigger than we can imagine. Meaning much of this is controlled locally, so local medical boards will limit licensing, etc. ... they have influence also as to zoning. So, what you have is a corrupt system from the bottom up. So, imo, to say more competition is good, the problem is why do you not have the competition?

You already have enough laws - if they enforced the ones on the books that would be a great start, but nobody wants to do it.

I have seen you bring up zoning a couple times, what is your issue with it ?

VN Store

Back