Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's Currie's excuse LAVol for allowing Butch to still be employed this morning? Does he know the fans despise Butch right now and many of us are not coming to the upcoming game because we are so pissed? Do they want a half empty stadium filled with boos?

So what's Currie's excuse LAVol for allowing Butch to still be employed this morning? Does he know the fans despise Butch right now and many of us are not coming to the upcoming game because we are so pissed? Do they want a half empty stadium filled with boos?

We gain nothing by firing him before Bama. These things take time. An AD doesn't have unilateral authority, he's at the mercy of boosters. It takes time to get them all in agreement on a plan moving forward.

Reactions: 2 people
People keep trying to make this about money and boosters, but that's not it at all. Bad hires have been the result of bad ADs wanting to exert control. Kiffin and Dooley are both on Hammy. Butch was a desperation move by Hart when he whiffed on the big fish he promised he could land.

I was told Big Jim was all in on Dooley.

Great day, vol lady, take a Xanax and calm down. This will happen when Currie has his ducks in a row. Be thankful we now have an AD who doesn't act on a whim. I wanted Butch gone Saturday night, but I now understand why Currie needs to make sure he has things lined up. Also, he may be bartering with Butch and his agent behind closed doors to get Butch to step down on his own for a smaller buyout, so Butch can save face for his future job opportunities.

Reactions: 1 person
Just sitting here waiting on an announcement like...

200w.gif

If Stoops isn’t an option, Taggart and Fuente have to be the first people called. I don’t think Patterson will ever leave TCU.

No way Taggart leaves Oregon after 1 year or ever willingly.

Chip Kelly, and don't take no for an answer.

The AD doesn't report to the boosters. He reports to the chancellor and answers to the board. We have boosters on the BOT, and other boosters and donors have opinions, which they certainly make known. But the AD has the authority to lead a coaching search, subject to approval by the chancellor and board.

Reactions: 1 person
EXCITED/Season Ticket Ready:
Chip Kelly
Patterson
Gruden (lol)
Stoops
Taggart
Fuente

STILL EXCITED:
Frost
Mullen
Brohm
Venables
Macintyre (Title 9 could change this)
Cutcliffe
Fleck (I don't think he is just a cliche guy. You don't do what he did at Western Michigan by accident.)

IT'S NOT BUTCH:
Tee Martin
Pep Hamilton
Frank Wilson
Leach

So when we don't hire Tee does that alienate former players from the program?

Y'all know there will be backlash especially if you make a less than overwhelming hire.

Also how about Les with Tee HCIW?

I could get behind the Les with Tee deal only if the offense becomes a juggernaut. Otherwise I'm not big on HCIW deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back