Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t look at Chip or Stoops as a pipe dream. They have no buy out or no holds to anything. I think 5per would get either one.

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly don’t look at Chip or Stoops as a pipe dream. They have no buy out or no holds to anything. I think 5per would get either one.

If we had a chance to get either one for $5m and Currie doesn't do it, that's malpractice. Don't we pay Butch over $4 now?

[twitter]https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelWBratton/status/914860266092990464[/twitter]

"Haven't got a call yet..." What are you doing Currie?! Do your job!

[twitter]https://www.twitter.com/MichaelWBratton/status/914860266092990464[/twitter]

"Haven't got a call yet..." What are you doing Currie?! Do your job!

giphy.gif

That's the game y'all.

"I haven't gotten a call" puts pressure on the AD. Fans start going crazy and get more pissed.

Technically there is no job to call about.

Well played Chip. Offensive genius

Reactions: 5 people
LMAO at y'all pissing and moaning about the Finebaum quote. Even if Currie had a special Chip Kelly phone and called Chip personally every night at 11:15, Chip is going to say he hasn't gotten a call.

CHILL.OUT.

Also "I haven't gotten a call" is a far cry from "I like my job and not interested".

Sounds very positive

LMAO at y'all pissing and moaning about the Finebaum quote. Even if Currie had a special Chip Kelly phone and called Chip personally every night at 11:15, Chip is going to say he hasn't gotten a call.

CHILL.OUT.

Honestly, I really just wanted an excuse to post the RichRod gif.

People keep trying to make this about money and boosters, but that's not it at all. Bad hires have been the result of bad ADs wanting to exert control. Kiffin and Dooley are both on Hammy. Butch was a desperation move by Hart when he whiffed on the big fish he promised he could land.

So picking at the still gaping wound that was Saturdays game, this in my mind is where the team is as a whole. 4th down in the last minutes of the game, with a shut out incoming, Butch punts the ball only to be blocked by the facemask of a Georgia player. The outcome was inevitable but not for one second did he even think about trying to avoid the shut out.

Butch AND the team collectively fell on a big red UGA helment Saturday. Black eye swelled shut, for the University and the state.

Is Butch still here? Volatil mentioned a Bama buddy saying Saban would take it easy on Butch to keep him here. Yea, well, how bow dis.

WE WANT BAMAAAAAA. 😂😂😂

You know, I used to think this was overrated, but this time around I think we should focus on someone who understands the history and tradition of Tennessee football. I want a Tennessee guy, or at the very least someone who played in conference or has been a high level assistant/head coach in the conference.

Agreed. I’ve never really thought he was a very good cultural fit here. The first year or two I thought maybe he could turn things around to an extent where it wouldn’t matter so much, but it’s just gotten worse with time.

I'll move to Knoxville for Chip Kelly or John Gruden.

Intrigued by Mike Leach or Gundy. They'd be our Spurrier.

Would be fine with Stoops, Venables, Patterson, Cutcliffe.

Reactions: 2 people
RUN TO BUY SEASON TICKETS/MAKE A DONATION EXCITED:
Chip Kelly
Jimbo Fisher
John Gruden
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Willie Taggart
David Cutcliffe - Tee Martin OC/Ass.HC - John Chavis DC
Chris Peterson (Pay him 10M)

VERY EXCITED:
Mike Gundy