'17 GA ATH Marquez Bembry (UT signee)

In the games where we were getting beaten on the edge I was thinking we could use his athleticism there.

I rewatched the tech game so I could get a good look at Taylor and what few plays Alexis Johnson played. There was one series with us on defense where they ran a pitch to the right (Barnetts side) and nothing against the legend but their RB got around him for a gain of 10 yards or so. Literally two plays later tech ran the same play, but this time Taylor was in and he contained the outside for no gain, or very little gain. Taylor is fast AF. He wasn't able to get a lot of push against his man when he played, but I think with another off season under his belt and with Rock's guidance in the weight room, he's going to bust out next year. Barnett himself has said that Taylor is the most athletic guy on the team. Plus, Taylor is a mean SOB. Love it

Reactions: 3 people
Taylor played DE and WR in HS. Put on 25lbs in his first year to second. Was able to provide some pressure in a few games namely the second half of the Vtech game. He didn't see much playing time because he was behind Barnett, Vereen, Lewis and Mixon. Taylor will only get stronger in the off season and will be a starter next year at 6'4 265 #WGWTFA
There is no way in hell he carries 265. Doesn't have frame.

leonard floyd type of physical frame....arden Key

he'll hold 235-240. Sure wont be 260+. Bembry is gonna be good.

There is no way in hell he carries 265. Doesn't have frame.

Barnett can carry 260 at 6'3 but Taylor can't carry 265 at 6'4? I mean I think it's a possibility. How about we compromise, 255lb at 6'4 with his speed, and a year in the weight room with Rock. Guy is really going to WTFA next year.

Barnett can carry 260 at 6'3 but Taylor can't carry 265 at 6'4? I mean I think it's a possibility. How about we compromise, 255lb at 6'4 with his speed, and a year in the weight room with Rock. Guy is really going to WTFA next year.

Height doesn't determine it as much as frame. I'm 6'3 and could never be more than 200.

Wish we'd keep guys like this and Austin Smith at LB

It was said the Shoop mentioned some 3-4 sets next year. Maybe the shortage of healthy DTs and having guys like Smith and Bembry have led to Shoop scheming the D to fit the players better.

Height doesn't determine it as much as frame. I'm 6'3 and could never be more than 200.

I'm 6'4 with a broad frame and sitting at 290 right now. Some of that's the weight lifting some of its big eds pizza and beer.

In talking to some people the plan since mid to late spring has been for him to end up at a junior college due to academics. So Bembry to a junior college is not and has not been a surprise to Tennessee.

I was told all but the receivers were here when I asked back in late May early June and my source assumed I was aware of the Bembry situation. So I apologize for not having that accurate for first session summer school.

hubbs

tennessee signee marquez bembry, a three-star athlete from atlanta, will not join the vols this year because of academic concerns and is expected to enroll at a junior college, sources confirmed to govols247 on sunday.

two of tennessee's other class of 2017 signees - four-star wide receiver jordan murphy of hattiesburg, miss., and three-star receiver jacquez jones of clearwater, fla. - weren't able to join the vols last month for the first session of summer classes because of academic concerns. But murphy and jones have arrived in knoxville and are scheduled to attend their first classes monday, when second-session summer classes begin.

Reactions: 2 people
If he goes JUCO, does that open up another scholarship spot? Meaning, does this mean Butch can sign one more player than he originally thought?

Jones and Murphy will 100% be on the team right? Or do they still have work to do

You can't do JUCO for only a single year unless you make significant academic progress. That doesn't happen. 2019 is the earliest.

Justin Martin only did one season...Leonard Little back in the day, sure there are many other examples. I know Kamara's was his second academic year.

Was he going to be a defensive end or linebacker? Has a pretty nice offer list and looks like a good player. Sucks he didn't keep his grades up.

VN Store

Back