'17 GA ATH Marquez Bembry (UT signee)

prob would've gotten his 4th star if there was enough SR film on him. plus recruiting services tend to lower their rankings when kids tear their ACLs. just how it goes.

I don't really see anything wrong with that either. If the recruiting services are projecting success, you'd have to assume the odds of success go down when you have significant injuries.

Yep I agree but I don't recall any service lowering his rank.

I see D. Taylor getting lots of playing time this year on obvious passing downs and being used creatively in certain 1st down situations.

Reactions: 1 person
I see D. Taylor getting lots of playing time this year on obvious passing downs and being used creatively in certain 1st down situations.

If that is all he plays, I think the coaches did him a disservice and the team a disservice by bulking him up and moving him to DE rather than keeping him at LB. He was supposed to be one of the fastest players on defense and we are weak at LB as demonstrated by this last year and Taylor did not get many snaps at DE. So, either this year he needs to be a major 3 down contributor at DE or the coaching staff muffed this position move because I would not have minded seeing a sleek Taylor busting heads at OLB after all of the accolades given about his athleticism, including him being as fast as some WRs.

If that is all he plays, I think the coaches did him a disservice and the team a disservice by bulking him up and moving him to DE rather than keeping him at LB. He was supposed to be one of the fastest players on defense and we are weak at LB as demonstrated by this last year and Taylor did not get many snaps at DE. So, either this year he needs to be a major 3 down contributor at DE or the coaching staff muffed this position move because I would not have minded seeing a sleek Taylor busting heads at OLB after all of the accolades given about his athleticism, including him being as fast as some WRs.

Taylor played DE and WR in HS. Put on 25lbs in his first year to second. Was able to provide some pressure in a few games namely the second half of the Vtech game. He didn't see much playing time because he was behind Barnett, Vereen, Lewis and Mixon. Taylor will only get stronger in the off season and will be a starter next year at 6'4 265 #WGWTFA

Reactions: 2 people
He will just be a RS Soph. A lot will depend on how much Rock can develop him in the off season. I think Taylor and Austin Smith can be beasts at DE if they can add enough size and strength. Regardless I can see them both being the first ones coming off the bench. I personally would have left them both at OLB and run more true 4-3, but as we saw this year depth on the line and at linebacker was a major issue. Depending on players coming back from injury, and how we finish this class, Kongbo may stay at DT out of necessity.

He will just be a RS Soph. A lot will depend on how much Rock can develop him in the off season. I think Taylor and Austin Smith can be beasts at DE if they can add enough size and strength. Regardless I can see them both being the first ones coming off the bench. I personally would have left them both at OLB and run more true 4-3, but as we saw this year depth on the line and at linebacker was a major issue. Depending on players coming back from injury, and how we finish this class, Kongbo may stay at DT out of necessity.

Taylor is a WDE all the way. Smith could have stayed at LB imo

Taylor was always a DE. We didn't "move" him from LB. He did play LB in his all America game and didn't look very good. You could tell the athleticism was there, but he isn't a 4-3 LB.

Taylor was always a DE. We didn't "move" him from LB. He did play LB in his all America game and didn't look very good. You could tell the athleticism was there, but he isn't a 4-3 LB.

Yes, but he was brought in to play the LB/DE hybrid in our old defense. Shoop should rather be able to run more 4-3 sets and have a S/LB hybrid ideally. Taylor is our best candidate to play the role that they are telling Bembry he is being brought in for. Shoop wants to be able to use players creatively to give offenses fits. He needs athletic DE's and LB's to do it though.

Yes, but he was brought in to play the LB/DE hybrid in our old defense. Shoop should rather be able to run more 4-3 sets and have a S/LB hybrid ideally. Taylor is our best candidate to play the role that they are telling Bembry he is being brought in for. Shoop wants to be able to use players creatively to give offenses fits. He needs athletic DE's and LB's to do it though.

DE: "1st string": Phillips, Kongbo, "2nd string": Taylor, Mixon, "3rd string": Smith, Mcdaniel (don't forget about him). Then toss in whatever freshman who might make a statement (fingers crossed for Ray and Sterling; Deandre Johnson, Bumphus, Thaxton)

DT: "1st string": Vickers, Kmac, "2nd string": Tuttle, Johnson, Mosely, "3rd string": Butcher, Bain, Picou. Then the freshman Crosby, Butler, Bennett, fingers crossed for Concliffe

LB: Kirkland, Mcdowell, Jumper, Bituli, Ignont, Bryant, Sapp, Berry, Blakely, Bates, Bembry, Page

I feel pretty good about all of that to be honest. Not sure why I was quoting you bigl3327 lol sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
DE: "1st string": Phillips, Kongbo, "2nd string": Taylor, Mixon, "3rd string": Smith, Mcdaniel (don't forget about him). Then toss in whatever freshman who might make a statement (fingers crossed for Ray; Deandre Johnson, Bumphus, Thaxton)

DT: "1st string": Vickers, Kmac, "2nd string": Tuttle, Johnson, Mosely, "3rd string": Butcher, Bain, Picou. Then the freshman Crosby, Bennett, fingers crossed for Concliffe

LB: Kirkland, Mcdowell, Jumper, Bituli, Ignont, Bryant, Sapp, Berry, Blakely, Bates, Bembry, Page

I feel pretty good about all of that to be honest. Not sure why I was quoting you bigl3327 lol sorry

Don't forget about Butler. And I think Bembry is gonna be DE

He may can be coached up and develop it, but what little I've seen of him at LB, he didn't appear to have the instincts for the position.

DE: "1st string": Phillips, Kongbo, "2nd string": Taylor, Mixon, "3rd string": Smith, Mcdaniel (don't forget about him). Then toss in whatever freshman who might make a statement (fingers crossed for Ray and Sterling; Deandre Johnson, Bumphus, Thaxton)

DT: "1st string": Vickers, Kmac, "2nd string": Tuttle, Johnson, Mosely, "3rd string": Butcher, Bain, Picou. Then the freshman Crosby, Butler, Bennett, fingers crossed for Concliffe

So did we move Mosley back to DT? Hopefully we did and Butcher stays healthy to add depth.

I don't know how anyone can feel good about the DL at all ATP.

I feel pretty good about the DL ATP.

Yeah. Me too. On January 26th, 2017. Not too upset at all about the DL. I'd actually have to jump on the "I feel pretty good about the DL" bus.

I'll reserve the right to change my opinion after Spring Practice though. Then reserve the right to either change or keep my opinion after fall practice.

Yeah. Me too. On January 26th, 2017. Not too upset at all about the DL. I'd actually have to jump on the "I feel pretty good about the DL" bus.

I'll reserve the right to change my opinion after Spring Practice though. Then reserve the right to either change or keep my opinion after fall practice.

Its revealed, BB is really a woman!

Its revealed, BB is really a woman!

Yep.
091001_harley.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know how anyone can feel good about the DL at all ATP.

I agree with you. DB was the only lineman that consistently put pressure on the qb and now with him gone Shoop is gonna have to get really creative to keep teams from scoring 30/game on us. We'll know what the run defense is about after the first game of the season, we are still really thin at dt

Taylor played DE and WR in HS. Put on 25lbs in his first year to second. Was able to provide some pressure in a few games namely the second half of the Vtech game. He didn't see much playing time because he was behind Barnett, Vereen, Lewis and Mixon. Taylor will only get stronger in the off season and will be a starter next year at 6'4 265 #WGWTFA

He shouldn't have been behind Mixon and Lewis imo. Taylor has the ability to play on Sunday's

VN Store

Back