The Big Bang Theory

Jim Parsons (Sheldon) has become the Urkel of this TV era. Can only sing "Soft Kitty" so many times. :boredom:

Reactions: 1 person
Great show, but it definitely overstayed it's welcome like most comedies

Agree. It's still entertaining enough I guess, and still better than most network sitcoms (which says more about network comedies) but they need to start planning on how to wrap it up. All them are "growing up" and they're getting married and having kids, stuff like that is a signal it's time to end it.

It's always tricky on how/when to end it, especially if it's still popular, because of the nature of sitcoms/comedies. It's almost a catch 22. On the one hand, you've grown to like the characters as they are and that's why you like the show so you don't want them to change. But on the other hand, if they stay the same for a decade, that's pretty unrealistic and in most cases if they're still doing the same stupid stuff 10 years later, in reality it would be kind of pathetic.

The move is because of Thursday Night Football on CBS and just like the last 2 seasons, they move back to Thursdays in October.

Shows how riveted I am. Started to not care about missed episodes 3 years ago. Pretty much my "TWD" in relatable reference. :wink2:

Interesting!

CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television have reached a deal for a two-year renewal of The Big Bang Theory (Seasons 11 & 12), through the 2018-19 season. The pact comes on the heels of the two companies closing a deal for a spinoff prequel series, Young Sheldon, which is expected to launch next fall behind Big Bang.

The two-season pickup for CBSÂ’ flagship series also comes after the showÂ’s original cast members Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar signed new two-year contracts to continue.

I hear the renewal is being announced with no deals in place for Big Bang co-stars Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik, whose contracts also are up at the end of Season 10. They have been negotiating new contracts, and I hear they are close but not closed yet.

The cast for The Big Bang Theory prequel series Young Sheldon has been announced.

9 year old actor Iain Armitage (HBO's Big Little Lies, The Glass Castle (2018)) has been cast in lead role as Sheldon Cooper. Zoe Perry (The Family, Scandal) has been cast as his mother Mary. The 33 year old actress is the real-life daughter of actress Laurie Metcalf who has portrayed the same character since the 2007 First Season of The Big Bang Theory.

Lance Barber (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) will play Sheldon's father George Cooper Sr.

Last edited:
what pos this show is of course its good for the lowest denominator CBS, I'm sure this is what they play in hell

what pos this show is of course its good for the lowest denominator CBS, I'm sure this is what they play in hell

While I don't disagree that CBS shows a lot of crap, this is one of the few good sitcoms they have.

Almost all of the rest of their sitcoms are absolute crap. Two Broke Girls, Mom, Man With a Plan, The Odd Couple, Kevin Can Wait, and whatever that new one with Joel McHale is called are all color by number, cookie cutter laugh track garbage.

big bang falls in the same category, cookie cutter laugh track multi cam sitcom mind numbing garbage.

big bang falls in the same category, cookie cutter laugh track multi cam sitcom mind numbing garbage.

There is a reason it's popular. It's clearly decent, although slightly overrated in my opinion. A lot due to the lack of other good sitcoms out right now. I loved the early seasons, but like any other sitcom, it has overstayed it's welcome.

to each their own, it annoys the hell outta me and is vastly overrated...as for a reason its popular, look at what is at the top of the ratings and show me a quality show...never underestimate the ignorance of the American public.

Always enjoyed Sheldon's boyhood stories...especially the impersonation of his parents. Good writing might make that a success. Hope they wind up the current series in these two years...ran it's course.

to each their own, it annoys the hell outta me and is vastly overrated...as for a reason its popular, look at what is at the top of the ratings and show me a quality show...never underestimate the ignorance of the American public.

I pretty much agree with you. TBBT and Modern Family are the only 2 sitcoms left I watch and still think are at least decent but even still I think both are starting to wear out their welcome. I haven't watched but Blackish has made me laugh on some of the clips I've seen.

But otherwise sitcoms are terrible. It's hard to believe that we used to have shows like The Office, 30 Rock and Parks and Rec and now there's nothing on network. Thank goodness for cable, premium, and streaming services.

I pretty much agree with you. TBBT and Modern Family are the only 2 sitcoms left I watch and still think are at least decent but even still I think both are starting to wear out their welcome. I haven't watched but Blackish has made me laugh on some of the clips I've seen.

But otherwise sitcoms are terrible. It's hard to believe that we used to have shows like The Office, 30 Rock and Parks and Rec and now there's nothing on network. Thank goodness for cable, premium, and streaming services.

Have you watched The Goldbergs or Last Man Standing?

They are the only sitcoms I currently watch. I haven't watched BBT in a couple of years but will eventually pick up the season sets to complete my collection of those I haven't seen.

Life In Pieces on CBS is hilarious.

Any kid of the 80s should watch Goldbergs. The characters are hilarious.

Another vote for Life in Pieces too.

New comedy Superior Doughnuts has really smart writing and a lot of laughs.

VN Store

Back