Jalen Hurts...

His 3rd down percentage is actually really good. Other than that he is not a good passer. Our ends should feast on him.

They've wanted to protect him and have been very successful at doing it. Shoop's challenge is getting to Hurts without giving Bama a big advantage somewhere else.

Saban on Hurts: "He doesn't seem to get rattled by things. Even when he makes a mistake, he moves on to the next play."

Saban: "Playing in Neyland will be Hurts toughest challenge yet"

Saban: "The player have said Tennessee is their biggest game of the year. No disrespect to the Iron Bowl"

Neyland can announce no more than 102,455 officially and I know how much VH stadium holds.

Neyland can only announce that many because that's what it holds. That's actually well above the number of tickets available.

And if you knew how much VHS holds, why'd you short it by 25%?

Not saying Ole Miss is as good as, or better than, Tennessee. And VHS is not nearly the atmosphere that he'll see in Neyland. But the Ole Miss game was a big f***ing deal this year, and Hurts was awesome. Very few true freshmen could handle that situation like he did.

The atmosphere will be a step up. The "big" of the game will be very similar to OM. To date that hasn't shaken him.

Not saying Ole Miss is as good as, or better than, Tennessee. And VHS is not nearly the atmosphere that he'll see in Neyland. But the Ole Miss game was a big f***ing deal this year, and Hurts was awesome. Very few true freshmen could handle that situation like he did.

so you did not watch the Hogs or Ole Miss game?
Very Hostile..

Okay, he has played in a game like this. A game that your savior says Is more important to his players than any other, it's the 3rd week in October. I didn't say the Ole Miss game wasn't a big deal, I know it was. But this is week 7 and there is a lot of hype surrounding this game, arguably more than the other two. And this Tennessee is different.

Just think this one is a pretty fawkin big deal too.

Last edited:
Neyland can only announce that many because that's what it holds. That's actually well above the number of tickets available.

And if you knew how much VHS holds, why'd you short it by 25%?

No they can only announce that many because of the fire code. And I shorted it because it's ole miss and they don't matter and neither does their stadium.

Okay, he has played in a game like this. A game that your savior says Is more important to his players than any other, it's the 3rd week in October. I didn't say the Ole Miss game wasn't a big deal, I know it was. But this is week 7 and there is a lot of hype surrounding this game, arguably more than the other two. And this Tennessee is different.

Just think this one is a pretty fawkin big deal too.

Not speaking for the other guy you quoted, but I know for a fact that I never said this game wasn't a big deal. It is the biggest game Bama has played this year.

52% of Jalen Hurts targeted attempts have been behind LOS or to the left/right within 10 yds. He is limited with very easy throws.[/QUOTE]

Such a shame CS and JRM both made their money defending those types of passes. Having them would have been Huge :banghead2:

This is the one thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. While I think UT has a very good front, and Barnett is a freaking monster, it's not like that line generates a ton of sacks. UT is 106th in sacks; 13th in the SEC. 5 of UT's 9 sacks belong to Barnett. The rest of the DL rotation has 3 between them. UT is also middle of the pack in TFLs.

Barnett basically took over the game in the second half of UF and UGA. Its not the quantity, but when the sacks are coming that is important. Besides Barnett and a weaker surrounding cast dominated a better Alabama O-line from last year in Tuscaloosa.

Barnett basically took over the game in the second half of UF and UGA. Its not the quantity, but when the sacks are coming that is important. Besides Barnett and a weaker surrounding cast dominated a better Alabama O-line from last year in Tuscaloosa.

Won't argue that last part. Robinson was dealing with a bum wheel last year. I am crossing my fingers that he plays better on Saturday.

My point wasn't about Barnett though. It just strikes me as odd that UT is so good at getting pressure but not always great at getting the QB down. But, I suppose it affects the play either way.

Won't argue that last part. Robinson was dealing with a bum wheel last year. I am crossing my fingers that he plays better on Saturday.

My point wasn't about Barnett though. It just strikes me as odd that UT is so good at getting pressure but not always great at getting the QB down. But, I suppose it affects the play either way.

It has been a weird pattern that UT generally and Barnett particularly seem to get more sacks against better teams and against the SEC. UT is mid-pack in sacks against the SEC so far.... and at the bottom overall. No sacks vs ASU (who granted doesn't throw much) or Ohio.

Or Lewis, or Vickers, or Tuttle.

Solid point. All great athletes. Thank you for pointing that out, and reminding me of our depth. We just need to remember, our depth is so much better than it has been. 2nd or 3rd team doesn't mean dumpster fire.

#wgwtfa

VN Store

Back