Jalen Hurts...

Won't argue that last part. Robinson was dealing with a bum wheel last year. I am crossing my fingers that he plays better on Saturday.

My point wasn't about Barnett though. It just strikes me as odd that UT is so good at getting pressure but not always great at getting the QB down. But, I suppose it affects the play either way.

I think our DL was repurposed or adjusted slightly when our starting LBs left games/season early. If DK shows up you may be surprised.

has completed 7-27 pass attempts under pressure (25.9%) this season. Derek Barnett is awaiting him.

Kiffin has simplified the game plan for hurts- high % of throws in areas with low degree of difficulty.

Cubi6S7VIAEPqzy.jpg:large

52% of Jalen Hurts targeted attempts have been behind LOS or to the left/right within 10 yds. He is limited with very easy throws.

Are you talking about Hurts, or Dobbs? Until recently I would have sworn you were talking about Dobbs. I hold my breath every time Dobbs throws but I'm getting better at it--that is, holding my breath.

I expect a lot of blitz packages. Think only way we win this is to rattle frosh qb and get our 102K fans roaring. If Neyland is rocking, and UT can keep it close...look out. My worry is they gash us in the run game. May not put up 600 yards, but think we will score enough...unless we choose to start off first half conservative like we have so many times. Time to come out aggressive from the first kick off.

If you want stats here's for you. Nearly 700 of 1,100 of Hurts passing yards came after the catch. That's over 60% of his yards

About 650 of Dobbs 1,400 yards have come after the catch. That's under 50%

Either way, it's effective.

It did hurt him. And Mayfield had around a 30 completion% until the 4th quarter with around 120 yards passing. It was more of a defensive collapse than Mayfield playing amazing imo

Just stop. The guy made ridiculous plays down the stretch leading his team to the win in the most hostile environment imaginable. It sucks, but give credit where it's due.

I'd like to see how many of those passes came in the first half.

The problem is coaching.

This staff seems averse to throwing the ball downfield unless we're down 14+ points.

I personally don't get the infatuation with throwing screen passes to Josh Smith. Its basically a wasted down.

Reactions: 1 person
I find it strange that he is terrible under pressure, but great on third down. Kind of seems like an oxymoron as most teams bring the house on third down. I guess bama hasn't been in many third and longs this year though.

Well, maybe, but I remember Dobbs being 5 for 5,with 3 TD's, on Florida Blitzes in the second half.

Dobbs might be best passer in the conference while under pressure. I sure feel a lot better about him throwing on the run then from the pocket.

On a side note I saw where Dobbs is second in the conference on completing passes over 20 yards. Something like 23 passes over 20 yards already this year. The kid has improved, and I hope he gets the credit for his hard work.

Can't like this enough! By far one of my favorite posters, and it shows here :hi:

Then it's all settled, we'll play our base zone defense keep em under 20 till halftime. Second half we'll explode on offense and blitz em to death! Yeah!...umm wait.

Reactions: 1 person
We take away the right side of the field to Hurts and force him to throw beyond ten yards across his body to the left where statistics show he's 0-for-anything.

Same thing he did with Crompton. Plus, he limited his reads and made him throw to one side of the field. Remember all the balls that went over the heads of the sideline players? If no one was open, he'd throw it out of bounds.

has completed 7-27 pass attempts under pressure (25.9%) this season. Derek Barnett is awaiting him.

Kiffin has simplified the game plan for hurts- high % of throws in areas with low degree of difficulty.

Cubi6S7VIAEPqzy.jpg:large

52% of Jalen Hurts targeted attempts have been behind LOS or to the left/right within 10 yds. He is limited with very easy throws.

He is also very dangerous with his legs and with the playmakers he has those 5 yard passes become 75 yard TD passes. I'm worried about all the non offensive TD's they score with all the fumble and int problems we have. Not a good combination.

VN Store

Back