Jalen Hurts...

Wrong. Dobbs Is actually better under pressure. 7 of his TD's were thrown under pressure, most in the nation.

Most QB's don't have that much of a drop off either. Hurts is HORRIBLE under pressure

Hurts is a freshman and Dobbs is a senior so that makes sense.

Probably true about Dobbs....but....

His OT performance last week was horrible. On the first series, he should have obviously kept it for a possible TD (and perhaps game winner). The second series is quite unbelievable and was a horribly under-thrown ball - plus there were 4 defenders in the area. If he hits the TE in stride, he probably scores or gets tackled on the 1.

Wolf was supposed to cut in. There's another view and if he does the route correctly it would have been a perfect throw and inside the 5. That's why it was under thrown.

Reactions: 1 person
Why do we keep throwing out the names Taylor, Phillips and Kongbo, yet NEVER mention Vereen?

It's amazing how people always forget Vereen starts over those 3. He's always getting in the backfield and has been very underrated among many posters on here since the offseason, along with Latroy Lewis.

Reactions: 2 people
Not trying to rain on your optimistic thread, but I would imagine all QB stats would be worse under pressure.

Dobbs has made some bad decisions this year under pressure.

Well, maybe, but I remember Dobbs being 5 for 5,with 3 TD's, on Florida Blitzes in the second half.

Dobbs might be best passer in the conference while under pressure. I sure feel a lot better about him throwing on the run then from the pocket.

On a side note I saw where Dobbs is second in the conference on completing passes over 20 yards. Something like 23 passes over 20 yards already this year. The kid has improved, and I hope he gets the credit for his hard work.

Last edited:
what I think about Jalen Hurts...looks like a girl. Might be dating a member of the team. If we are lucky, she (?) will be on her (?) period this week. :p

I would like to see this chart for Dobbs. I think it would be interesting to see it game by game, actually. Good way to see the game plan change and evolve.

Me too considering that I read this morning that Dobbs has 23 passes over 20 yards already this season. Which is like 2nd in the SEC. Huge improvement over last year.

Me too considering that I read this morning that Dobbs has 23 passes over 20 yards already this season. Which is like 2nd in the SEC. Huge improvement over last year.

A lot of those are yards after the catch though. For example Saturday he had 400 yards passing, but was only like 2-12 with passes 20+ yards down field.

Every star freshman QB that doesn't look like a freshman always has a FRESHMAN game filled with blunders- this will be that game for Hurts

Reactions: 3 people
Im sure Barnett will draw Robinson so he will have to work for everything he gets.

Both Barnett and Vareen had there way with whichever tackle they faced, last year in T-Town. UT had 5 sacks and it could have easily been 7 or 8. I think both Barnett and Vareen are excited to play against an O-line that they have dominated already.

I'd like to see how many of those passes came in the first half.

Well, no one part of the team has done well in the first half, and Dobbs is no different. Still doesn't take away from the fact that Dobbs has really increased his downfield accuracy and his WR's are definitely playing better as well. The fact that he has completed so many long passes while behind and under more pressure is more impressive in my opinion.

On a side note, you have to give Azzanni credit for what he has done with Jennings. The dude was a QB a year and a half ago and now is a darn good receiver with good hands and a mean streak.

A lot of those are yards after the catch though. For example Saturday he had 400 yards passing, but was only like 2-12 with passes 20+ yards down field.

A lot of every QB's long passes are YAC yards by the receiver. Its just part of it. Dobbs has also completed at least one long pass, that were not a product of receiver YAC, in EVERY game this season. The dude improved his biggest weakness, downfield passing, give him some credit.

Barnett and Co. will be happy to oblige.

This is the one thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. While I think UT has a very good front, and Barnett is a freaking monster, it's not like that line generates a ton of sacks. UT is 106th in sacks; 13th in the SEC. 5 of UT's 9 sacks belong to Barnett. The rest of the DL rotation has 3 between them. UT is also middle of the pack in TFLs.

A lot of every QB's long passes are YAC yards by the receiver. Its just part of it. Dobbs has also completed at least one long pass, that were not a product of receiver YAC, in EVERY game this season. The dude improved his biggest weakness, downfield passing, give him some credit.

I have been giving him credit. I'm just telling you some stats from Saturday lol.

Edit: He was actually 2-14 on passes 10+ yards down field

Last edited:
He will literally be trembling on 3rs downs. The most hostile crowd in the world, Barnett, Taylor, Kongbo, Phillips.

Saban on Hurts: "He doesn't seem to get rattled by things. Even when he makes a mistake, he moves on to the next play."

Not saying he will get rattled, but he hasn't played in a game like this one.

Not saying Ole Miss is as good as, or better than, Tennessee. And VHS is not nearly the atmosphere that he'll see in Neyland. But the Ole Miss game was a big f***ing deal this year, and Hurts was awesome. Very few true freshmen could handle that situation like he did.

Bama will do what they've done because no one has stopped it. They've run effectively by committee and then used a controlled passing game.

UT's DL is the key. If they dominate the LOS like they have at times this year.... then UT's chances are good.

His 3rd down percentage is actually really good. Other than that he is not a good passer. Our ends should feast on him.

VN Store

Back