Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

Serious question that I have always wondered about...

How do UT football players pay for the lawyers they get to represent them? It seems like they always get a Bosch or Isaac to represent them and I imagine they are not cheap. Does UT pay these attorneys a retainer fee to represent them and their players throughout the year?

Reactions: 1 person

How do UT football players pay for the lawyers they get to represent them? It seems like they always get a Bosch or Isaac to represent them and I imagine they are not cheap. Does UT pay these attorneys a retainer fee to represent them and their players throughout the year?

Playing coy, Anita?

Reactions: 13 people

Hi Mrs. Batey. Don't forget visiting hrs for Cory are 1:00 to 1:15 every third Tuesday. Be sure and bring some Windex for the usually smudged glass and plenty of Ramen noodles.

Reactions: 6 people

pro bono? i dont know but, seems an attorney in this high profile a case could market ones self quite well.

Good news for him. Although we haven't seen him in action this spring, I hope that with a lot of summer conditioning, he'll be ready to roll in the fall and contribute as the season progresses.

pro bono? i dont know but, seems an attorney in this high profile a case could market ones self quite well.

Thanks for a legitimate response. I agree with some of the other high profile cases and making a name for yourself, but many of them are minor and not even thought of outside of Knoxville.

Since the NCAA has all kinds of rules and regulations that are absurd, I was just wondering how universities handle this.

Thanks for a legitimate response. I agree with some of the other high profile cases and making a name for yourself, but many of them are minor and not even thought of outside of Knoxville.

Since the NCAA has all kinds of rules and regulations that are absurd, I was just wondering how universities handle this.

I would say the university doesn't handle this in any way. Someone accused of a crime is on their own to find legal representation. Big liability for the school to be involved in something like that in any way.

One thing people forget also, even though a student athlete may be on full scholarship and unable to work, they can still qualify for student loans. That would seem like one possible option at least.

Dustin Dopirak is reporting that Hixson (the deputy district attorney) said the alleged victim in the case is "on board" with the reduction and dismissal of charges.

Reactions: 4 people
So he's still charged, just instead of felony aggravated assault it's misdemeanor domestic assault. Not cleared yet.

Edit: Sorry, missed the part about dropping charges in 6 months.

Last edited:

Attorneys can choose to charge their clients whatever they want. Cases involving high level athletes also tend to make the news. This case and many others have made Isaacs look like a badass. Guy has power and pull in Knoxville.

So does he have to wait six months until he returns to the team? It sounds in the article that he denied any of the charges and that the DA was not able to prove it one way or the other? So will he still be punished for the remaining 6 months? Doesn't sound too fare to me.

Finding the $ for an attorney to stay out of jail is kinda like getting the $ for an addiction; you're gonna find the money.

News Flash: Tennessee Reinstates a Player With a Charge of Domestic Assault Against a Woman Hanging Over his head.

Lawyers for the Plaintiff: Thank you God.

TFP reports it this way ...

"His attorney, Gregory Isaacs, told the Times Free Press that the false imprisonment charged was dropped and the felony aggravated assault charge was reduced to a misdemeanor assault charge that also would be dropped in six months.

Isaacs suggested the agreement was reached with the Knox County District Attorney's Office.

"There was no entry of any plea and no requirement of probation," he said. "It was a very favorable agreement for Mr. Johnson. I'm very pleased for both he and his family. It took a lot of hard work from both sides to get this resolution completed."

Knox County deputy district attorney general Kyle Hixson told the Times Free Press it was "the fairest resolution for the case" based on a full review of the evidence and "many consultations" between his office and the alleged victim.

"I think everyone agreed that while this was a serious situation," Hixson explained, "it was a situation that was perhaps blown out of proportion and a felony prosecution was not warranted based upon the facts of the case."

... about as good as it gets for him it appears. Looks like everyone has cooled down a little here.

Reactions: 5 people
News Flash: Tennessee Reinstates a Player With a Charge of Domestic Assault Against a Woman Hanging Over his head.

Lawyers for the Plaintiff: Thank you God.

That same plaintiff seems to be acknowledging to the DA's office that this matter was 'blown out of proportion' and has apparently approved of the reduced charge which is scheduled to be dropped in 6 months. He may have to wait until 2017 to play but I doubt it would have any impact on the Title IX suit if he was reinstated now. She should never have been included as a plaintiff in the first place. The allegations against UT which are contained in the suit in no way pertain to her situation with Alexis Johnson.

Reactions: 5 people
Hope the coaching staff and the team allows Alexis to re-join the team and I hope the young man keeps his nose clean from hear on out. Maybe now he can see how quickly life can change for him if he does something stupid.

Get ready for another tennessean article tomorrow. Matt slovin and Anita are hard at work right now scheming

Well it's obvious isn't it? Anything other than a guilty verdict and a lengthy prison sentence for the monsters we call student athletes at UT is a CLEAR indication that Anita is right and our school is paying off public officials and victims, all while actively encouraging these miscreants to sexually assault women.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back