Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still just a niche tech product for now, but more and more content is becoming available for it every year. YouTube even offer 4K video uploads now.

4K will probably be the standard resolution for displays within 3-4 years, and the content to match it will be much more widely available by then.

Can you buy a DVD in 4K?

How long before games get broadcast in 4K?

If you're talking live and delivered via traditional cable or satellite provider... a few years.

Like I said previously, 4k will start to be more and more available from streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Youtube etc.

If you're talking live and delivered via traditional cable or satellite provider... a few years.

Like I said previously, 4k will start to be more and more available from streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Youtube etc.

But would the content need to be filmed in 4K resolution?

Don't forget 30, brah!

Ha! Our tv only had 13 push button channels. I think we picked it up on some obscure channel tho.

Pretty much this:

d63add5fef264d4ba350986afbe82edb.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
But would the content need to be filmed in 4K resolution?

Yes, filming in 4k is getting more and more common. It can be edited in 4k for online delivery and transcoded to 1080 for standard HD delivery.

Media companies are currently growing their infrastructure to keep up with the network bandwidth and storage demands.

It's going to take time.

Yes, filming in 4k is getting more and more common. It can be edited in 4k for online delivery and transcoded to 1080 for standard HD delivery.

Media companies are currently growing their infrastructure to keep up with the network bandwidth and storage demands.

It's going to take time.

How does 4K compare to IMAX filming?

We've pulled some studs from California in the past, but we don't make a living out there.

1-2 players every 3-4 years.

Your question was "where are SEC teams going to go? North?"

It was not "where should UT go for spring practice?"

My point was that SEC teams could certainly benefit from taking spring practice on the road.

Your question was "where are SEC teams going to go? North?"

It was not "where should UT go for spring practice?"

My point was that SEC teams could certainly benefit from taking spring practice on the road.

Not as much as Big 10 teams could benefit. The talent is in the south. However, I think UT could benefit from this sort of thing more so than teams like Florida and LSU. But really I don't know that it is something I'm for...

It could end up being a "rich get richer" kinda thing.

Rewatching Vandy game.

How I wish we signed Kamara as a freshman.

True, but that means he likely would have been gone after last season, since he nearly went, with one year less of production to show off.

We may have missed on him as a freshman, but we get the benefit of having him during what may be a very special season.

It's odd when learning history that we are taught the progression of Babylonian, Greek, and Roman cultures while the Etruscan contributions are ignored. Romans attributed with establishing the color purple as a symbol of Royalty being one example, casting respected leaders in statues of bronze being another.

Etruscans would be like Hey! Over here! Been there, done that.

I would think Cyrus' Medo-Persians would be annoyed at your omission...:cray:

70 pages behind. Wading through Manning fiasco. Don't give me 50 post page crap same amount of posts. Back to the other day hope it gets better.

Crowder now getting juicy

What argument is there for not using 50 posts per page? More scrolling through bs and less having to load pages. I don't get why anyone would use anything else?

Nobody can broadcast 4k right now... The only delivery method is streaming.

Not so fast my friend - UBD 8500 has hit stores and available for pre-order on Amazon and other sources. Best Buy has been selling UHD BDF's for the past week or so. Studios have laid out over 100 titles to be released over the summer as UHD (some re-mastered 2k, some true 4k).

But to all, if anybody is currently in the market for a new tv, I highly suggest doing your research and consider the ultra high def standard. Not just for the added pixels - but the added color is spectacular. The higher dynamic range, when properly presented, is jaw dropping.

Streaming, IMO, is comparable to the mp3 format. Does it deliver the noise? Yup. But does it deliver everything? Hell no. If you want streaming to be your source for 4k content, at this point you will be disappointed. Physical media is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back