Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can live with big10 teams doing this but I think it would be problematic if other sec teams were to set up shop in Tennessee in a year like this year when we're loaded with talent

It's one week. We have 51 other weeks to make a bigger impression.

Plus we could go to Florida where there is ALWAYS a ton of talent

Not to mention, I'm sure a coach would love to sell a prospective recruit on this "yea, if you play for us you can't go to PCB for spring break because we are going to Brentwood, TN."

Last edited:
It's one week. We have 51 other weeks to make a bigger impression.

Plus we could go to Florida where there is ALWAYS a ton of talent

Not to mention, I'm sure a coach would love to sell a prospective recruit on this "yea, if you play for us you can't go to PCB for spring break because we are going to Brentwood, TN."
I can't think of one city that a sec school is in that is better than Nashville.
I'd much rather be at the beach for spring break though

I am in Lexington Kentucky at a restaurant repoing with a big orange shirt with a big white T and my smokey grey hat with a big orange T. If I don't post for awhile please know that I went down fighting.

Reactions: 8 people
70 pages behind. Wading through Manning fiasco. Don't give me 50 post page crap same amount of posts. Back to the other day hope it gets better.

Crowder now getting juicy

Last edited:
Alexis situation may end in a reinstatement. I know this is nothing new but I've heard some rumblings that sound very similar to the Pearson situation

I will try and bring whatever I hear, but like Any situation similar to this, it will be kept quiet (and rightfully so)

Dude you have the highest ratio of posts to likes of anyone on here! Deservedly so though. I just gave you another like on this post!

I do good to hang around an even number of both. Do appreciate the info you bring, and maybe this is going to end up ok for the good guys!!

Reactions: 2 people
Love this era of history, so I have to reply to this. Apologies in advance for going off-topic.

A common phrase goes something like "History is written by the victors." Not really... instead, history is written by the writers. We focus on Greece and Rome because they left behind lots of texts that have survived to this day - from prose by Homer, Virgil, etc to actual historical accounts by writers like Herodotus. Babylon wasn't quite as literate, but they still produced things such as Hammurabi's code of laws or the Epic of Gilgamesh that have survived, at least partially.

For the Etruscans' part, they did have a written language but we haven't been able to fully decode what few significant written artifacts have survived. Most of our knowledge about them comes from architectural finds. So we can't teach about these sweeping, memorable events like Alexander or Julius Caesar because we just don't have that knowledge.
not so sure about that, it is taught in schools that after the greek period there was a time of stagnation and then a sudden new burst in technology by the romans. it does not take but a few minutes to state that an earlier civilization may have had a large impact on Rome, namely that many of their advancements were copied from an earlier civilization, the Etruscans. And that many of the records of that society were destroyed by the romans, and incorporated into their own. It is not great leap to think that subsequent writers may have extolled the virtues of their own heroes rather than a society they conquered. I thought purple was a roman thing for years. Etruscan statues, over 10,000 texts, sarcophagi. Looks like Etruscan culture was subsumed and adopted by the Romans, and that Etruscan culture stretched all the way back to Greek times. So continuous trading and exchange of information would suggest that Roman society is linked all the way to Greece through the Etruscans. Thats an important idea imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back