Tennessee Vols Basketball - Bona Fide Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread 3:00 pm ET,

Yep

Way too much gap between good and bad with this team.

We are underachieving at way too high of a rate to just take these piss poor performances as part of the deal.

I simply disagree. Teams that can only rely on their outside shots will have "gaps" between good and bad. You could see this coming a mile away at the beginning of the year. This team could be beat a good opponent and lose to a bad opponent. Heck, we were down double digits in the second halves to Marshall and TSU.

We have no inside game to rely on to score at key moments and to rebound and defend when we get leads. It really isn't that difficult.

I simply disagree. Teams that can only rely on their outside shots will have "gaps" between good and bad. You could see this coming a mile away at the beginning of the year. This team could be beat a good opponent and lose to a bad opponent. Heck, we were down double digits in the second halves to Marshall and TSU.

We have no inside game to rely on to score at key moments and to rebound and defend when we get leads. It really isn't that difficult.

I see that for sure but my beef has been all along that we don't have enough structure within the half court to get any easy baskets.

We are held hostage to the 3 ball.

IMO the elite coaches can find the right buttons to push and created an easy basket in crunch time even when their teams aren't shooting well

I see that for sure but my beef has been all along that we don't have enough structure within the half court to get any easy baskets.

We are held hostage to the 3 ball.

IMO the elite coaches can find the right buttons to push and created an easy basket in crunch time even when their teams aren't shooting well

I haven't watched a whole lot this year, but I don't believe that there are many games where one or two set plays would have won the game. We have some guys that are not great at finishing at the basket.

From the little that I have watched them play against a zone, the passing has been correct. Can't tell you how many times Armani has turned it over at the high post. Armani isn't tall enough (or consistent) to iot the shot at the high post and has made bad decisions. Hubbs can't be relied on every game.

IMO, it would have made a big difference if Turner could have played and allowed Punter to play off the ball.

I haven't watched a whole lot this year, but I don't believe that there are many games where one or two set plays would have won the game. We have some guys that are not great at finishing at the basket.

Ga tech
Butler
George Washington
Gonzaga
Georgia
Bama
TCu
A&M

Were All games where one or 2 well timed easy baskets could have change the course of those games

Ga tech
Butler
George Washington
Gonzaga
Georgia
Bama
TCu
A&M

Were All games where one or 2 well timed easy baskets could have change the course of those games

Baskets are easy? Wow, they should do use that well timed strategy on every possession. I didn't realize how simple it is.

Baskets are easy? Wow, they should do use that well timed strategy on every possession. I didn't realize how simple it is.

It's actually very complex. That's why only the very good Ingame X/Os coaches seem to be able to draw up those select few plays at just the right time

They've been like that there whole careers up to now and some people( fans on message boards,radio) really believe they are going to step up there games and Mostela will help shoulder the scoring loss of Kevin Punter?!

Not making this argument for Hubbs, because I feel like he's had enough opportunity to be a more consistent player for us than Stella. But Stella has improved his game a lot from last year. imo And keep in mind he is only a sophmore, whos minutes didn't amount to a hill of beans last yr. He's working hard on his defense(footwork looks better and coach has shown faith in him as the season has gone on. The UK game is good example. He asked for the assignment to check Ulis, during the game, and did a pretty decent job) and his confidence keeps growing on offense.

Not saying he will average 20+ like KP but he will be a solid ppg contributor next year. bout 12-15 per. imo And if we can get close to that from Phillips those 2 would help ease the sting.

Unlike Auburn, the Vols don't have their leading scorer sitting on the bench and 3 other players out with injuries.

They had their leading scorer when they played at Mizzou and lost by 15. Let's stop acting like they were tearing it up even with Canty.

Reactions: 1 person
Ga tech
Butler
George Washington
Gonzaga
Georgia
Bama
TCu
A&M

Coincidence that all of those games except 1 was away from home? Yet at home we beat Florida, Kentucky and South Carolina...3 teams we have no business beating?

This team has proven it can lose to just about any team away from TBA, yet in TBA can win against almost anyone, shame we couldn't have played all 31 at TBA.

Coincidence that all of those games except 1 was away from home? Yet at home we beat Florida, Kentucky and South Carolina...3 teams we have no business beating?

This team has proven it can lose to just about any team away from TBA, yet in TBA can win against almost anyone, shame we couldn't have played all 31 at TBA.

Not coincidence at all.

Very much part of the frustrating part of this season.

IMO on the road front runners can't win. They have to rely and trust their leader. That starts at the top

Not coincidence at all.

Very much part of the frustrating part of this season.

IMO on the road front runners can't win. They have to rely and trust their leader. That starts at the top

This team lives and dies by the jump shot due to its personnel. Jump shooting doesn't typically travel with you on the road. Defense and rebounding do. This team is awful defensively and not worth writing home about as a rebounding team. Hence, the team struggles on the road.

This team lives and dies by the jump shot due to its personnel. Jump shooting doesn't typically travel with you on the road. Defense and rebounding do. This team is awful defensively and not worth writing home about as a rebounding team. Hence, the team struggles on the road.

Being bad is one thing

Losing to TCU and mizzu is another level

Couple that with the Blown leads at Bama and Georgia and it's more than what you say IMO

Last season we won 5 SEC road games and only 2 at home. This year it appears as though that trend has reversed. What gives?

VN Store

Back