Tennessee Vols Basketball - Bona Fide Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread 3:00 pm ET,

This team is all about making 3s and free throws.

When this fail there has to be a few games won on X/Os. We havnt won one single game with those and in fact we have lost 3-4 Because if the lack of them

I agree. Today they absolutely refused to make the extra passes and never got in the flow. Just a bunch of drive and dish all the time. Unfortunately he uses Armani to do it way too much because of his physical talent and being a senior leader even though he does not make good decisions very often. If nothing's there they pull it out, dribble awhile, and do it again. I really don't know what CRB has in his arsenal. He may not trust them to do anything else because they are so erratic with this one set. I just know they are really random at doing even it correctly.

Just a terrible shooting team that refuses to play defense. Not one player is worth keeping for next year. We need a complete overhaul. And what recruit would even think about coming here.

A dumpster fire

Reactions: 2 people
Just a terrible shooting team that refuses to play defense. Not one player is worth keeping for next year. We need a complete overhaul. And what recruit would even think about coming here.

A dumpster fire

A little dramatic. Alexander, Phillips, and Schofield are showing promise. We will have 5 new guys who thought UT was a good place to play. We will be very athletic and actually have a true PG. Will have some growing pains, but I believe the future is brighter.

Very disappointing game. I just find it hard to understand how Hubbs and Mostella can be so hot and cold. Hubbs has 20 on Tuesday and 2 against a terrible team. I am sure CRB is just as puzzled as everyone else. So inconsistent.

No excuse for the loss. But if you compare their high school rankings against ours, I think they would actually be comparable or better. We have no inside game, so even though Rosburg has not been great in his career, he was able to play well. Walton, Wright, Gant, and Clark were all 4 stars. Puryear, Phillips, and Isabel were 3 stars. Other than Hubbs and Mostella, who don't play like their high school ratings, our team is made up of all 3 stars, some of whom are still learning. Shows you how YOUNG this roster is right now.

fyp

This roster will be young for the next 2 yrs. However, when they do mature, we may be in for some pleasant surprises.

Dane, Chris, and Jajuan were all young when Buzz was their coach as freshmen and sophomores. However, when they grew up and Dane became the "Coach on the floor", we saw how good they could be. Sometimes more credit, or blame, is given to the head coach and not enough credit is given to the players when their lights come on.

Last edited:
Very disappointing game. I just find it hard to understand how Hubbs and Mostella can be so hot and cold. Hubbs has 20 on Tuesday and 2 against a terrible team. I am sure CRB is just as puzzled as everyone else. So inconsistent.

When playing the minutes they play they must perform early in the game or they won't play enough to get an opportunity to contribute.

They don't have time to really let the game come to them if they want to factor in

A dumpster fire

Foreal dude? Yeah maybe it won't be so bad that Reese/Baulkman are leaving but this roster shows promise. Schofield is gonna be a better version of Moore imo a true 3/stretch 4.Phillips is starting to make more shots, better at handling and limiting turnovers. Alexander needs another year gaining weight and learning post moves. I think by his Junior year he will be a good player.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess some of us have a harder time of accepting the amount of suck we see on the court.

Every negative comment is understandable after watching that garbage last night .

Yep

Way too much gap between good and bad with this team.

We are underachieving at way too high of a rate to just take these piss poor performances as part of the deal.

Last year I felt Josh could be replaced this year and I think that happened adequately.

I think the young players on this team have a lot of potential. Phillips and Schofield, as well as Alexander will be more than adequate next year. This will be a vastly improved team next year.

Chemistry has a lot to do with a team's success, and I think that will be the ingredient to make next year's team a very good team. Must keep faith.

Punter. That's it. Moore does not play like a senior at times, and Baulkman is so hot and cold. No inside game hurts when you need key buckets late in games and to help defend and rebound when you get leads. This started the season with flaws, and people shouldn't be surprised by these outcomes. When they shoot well, they can overcome the above and occasionally win.

Taking all that into consideration, the team we have should still not have lost to the absolute worst team in the conference and one of the worst teams in the entire country. Not being able to man up and knock them off makes UT look like the worst team in the conference now.

I guess some of us have a harder time of accepting the amount of suck we see on the court.

Every negative comment is understandable after watching that garbage last night .

To a point; proclaiming we're going to suck for years is overkill.

Easy to explain; you only come by to piss and moan about how much we suck. If that's all you are good for, then yes, STFU.

C'mon Dude....you can dish it out, but you can't take it. You've made fun of me and, now, I have gotten over it. Time to put feelings aside and just give constructive criticism. Maybe some of the players are reading and will be able to work harder in the away games.

Hopefully, the team doesn't wear their feelings on their shoulders and are glad that they are a team. That is the only way that we have a chance to win the final 3 home games and steal at least one road contest, which would give us a decent chance at some kind of postseason action.

Of course, you could have said that SFTU means stupid fa*t talking unabatedly.

Last edited:
Taking all that into consideration, the team we have should still not have lost to the absolute worst team in the conference and one of the worst teams in the entire country. Not being able to man up and knock them off makes UT look like the worst team in the conference now.

Auburn is closer to worse the the Vols - same with Miss St

True but Auburn is missing 4 players( 3 starters) off their team with injuries, suspensions and 1 nor being cleared by NCAA. Tennessee has 1 potential starter not cleared by NCAA and 1 transfer that were planned on being part of this team.

Reactions: 2 people

They've been like that there whole careers up to now and some people( fans on message boards,radio) really believe they are going to step up there games and Mostela will help shoulder the scoring loss of Kevin Punter?!

At least Ms State can say they beat Missouri. Auburn is only in the dumps right now because they're seriously undermanned. UT really stank up the conference by losing to MO so badly.

VN Store

Back