Game Thread Lady Vols vs Alabama

Thank you Jolette Law for working with Te'a when many people were proclaiming she shouldn't have been ranked so high and her shot will never work in the SEC/NCAA! She is showing what she can do when a coach (Law) puts her trust/faith in her! If only Holly would do the same with Diamond!

Diamond's Failures are Holly's decision to force her to play an offense that doesn't exist, we have no offense, just get the ball into the Post isn't the offense, Diamond is turning the ball over more because she is having to think too much instead of being allowed to just play. Her body language is showing it but she is playing just how Holly is asking her to play and yet she is still getting ridiculed
I'm sorry, that doesn't fly. Are you watching the game ? DeShields is making bad passes on the break, in the half court, in all types of different situations. It's not just getting the ball into the post. Maybe she's injured, in which case she shouldn't be on the floor.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sorry, that doesn't fly. Are you watching the game ? DeShields is making bad passes on the break, in the half court, in all types of different situations. It's not just getting the ball into the post. Maybe she's injured, in which case she shouldn't be on the floor.

Yes I am and its been said Holly wants her to facilitate if Diamond plays the way she plays she would pass when she had too, Holly doesn't want her scoring, so she's having to force her play! & you proved my point based on her play she shouldn't be on the floor (injured or not) I see Carter, Reynolds, Nared, & Russell making the same turnovers but nothings being said, everybody seems to be afraid to score and instead are forcing bad passes instead of shooting the damn ball

CHW isn't forcing DD to travel or throw the ball away. She isn't forcing DD to loaf on defense or not follow her shot for offensive rebounds or shoot poorly. She isn't forcing her to pout. DD needs to stay on the bench until she puts some effort into playing like she's capable of playing.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes I am and its been said Holly wants her to facilitate if Diamond plays the way she plays she would pass when she had too, Holly doesn't want her scoring, so she's having to force her play! & you proved my point based on her play she shouldn't be on the floor (injured or not) I see Carter, Reynolds, Nared, & Russell making the same turnovers but nothings being said, everybody seems to be afraid to score and instead are forcing bad passes instead of shooting the damn ball
If ANY of the LV'S were playing on the same level as DD is today, I would say bench her. But tell me, who has more missed shots and more to's than DO had today ?

CHW isn't forcing DD to travel or throw the ball away. She isn't forcing DD to loaf on defense or not follow her shot for offensive rebounds or shoot poorly. She isn't forcing her to pout. DD needs to stay on the bench until she puts some effort into playing like she's capable of playing.

I agree with this so as a "Coach" sit her

Well is it not the coach that decides who stays on the floor and who stays on the bench? if a player is out there it's because the coach put them out there. if they're not playing well and are still out there on the court that's on the coach because he or she could have easily taken the player out but chose not to.

Just look at either the season stats or today's game stats and you'll see why DD needs to be on the bench.

plus four in the third better than getting beat by 12 so on to the fourth game still in reach for Bama.

My point exactly you take Diamond out and put her right back in, wtf you take her out for? What are you trying to show her? Why isn't Dunbar playing? She gave you 6 points in less than 3 minutes and yet can't get back in? Its bad coaching, we have sooooo much talent and it pains me to see teams less talented than us playing better than us due to better coaching smdh

We've got a substantial lead, and CHW decided to give Moore and MeMe some playing time. Putting Dunbar out there too isn't a great idea right now.

Diamond is out of sync and needs to watch film. Cooper is finding her rhythm. Our team plays better with one post. I like a starting lineup of Reynolds, Cooper, Nared, Dunbar and Russell. Ball moves better and opens up the post.

P.S. After two first-half 3s, why did Dunbar sit the entire 3rd quarter?

My point exactly you take Diamond out and put her right back in, wtf you take her out for? What are you trying to show her? Why isn't Dunbar playing? She gave you 6 points in less than 3 minutes and yet can't get back in? Its bad coaching, we have sooooo much talent and it pains me to see teams less talented than us playing better than us due to better coaching smdh
I don't think many will argue with you about the lack of effective coaching.
But Russell, Nared and Cooper seem to have overcome it today. While Diamond continues to turn it over. She must be injured. Even a walk-on can play better than DD is today. It's actually shocking how poorly she's playing right now.

DD's averaging 3.7 TO's per game, and 5.5 TO's per 40 minutes played. It's a lot higher for the past 6-8 games when she's been a TO machine. She's got 6 today. Her A:TO ratio is .6

Diamond is out of sync and needs to watch film. Cooper is finding her rhythm. Our team plays better with one post. I like a starting lineup of Reynolds, Cooper, Nared, Dunbar and Russell. Ball moves better and opens up the post.

P.S. After two first-half 3s, why did Dunbar sit the entire 3rd quarter?
Good question. No good answer. I can only say "ask Holly"

I don't think many will argue with you about the lack of effective coaching.
But Russell, Nared and Cooper seem to have overcome it today. While Diamond continues to turn it over. She must be injured. Even a walk-on can play better than DD is today. It's actually shocking how poorly she's playing right now.

Don't disagree, why is she playing is more of what I am asking? If we see she is struggling, why can't the coach?

VN Store

Back