Game Thread Lady Vols vs Alabama

...Basheer could not play so she went to four out.... NOT HER IDEA.... just luck for the team!

I assume you mean Graves. I have posted in the past about the structural issues with the double-post offense.

Graves goes out and the team magically gets 22 assists, shoots 45%, scores 55% of it's points on jump shots, and wins handily. Go figure.

Coaching problems aside, once again I'll be cautiously optimistic that this team can start being consistent with how they play. It's Alabama, so I won't get overly confident that they have turned corners just yet, as I want to see them put these types of games together on a consistent basis.

It sucked that Graves tweaked her ankle and had to sit this game out, but it might have shown us that this team is much more offensively efficient when they only have one post in the game at a time, whether it's Graves or Russell, but not have them both in at the same time. Also, it was good to see Dunbar come in and break the zone down and extend their lead. Why didn't Holly do this when we had a 12 point lead against State, instead of going all conservative? We should have 0 losses in the SEC right now, but like others have said, it is what it is...

I assume you mean Graves. I have posted in the past about the structural issues with the double-post offense.

Graves goes out and the team magically gets 22 assists, shoots 45%, scores 55% of it's points on jump shots, and wins handily. Go figure.

I agree..I hope Holly keys in on this..

Holly will continue to start both Graves and Russell, the ball will continue to get stuck, and she'll keep saying she can't coach toughness. Holly is more concerned with players' egos than she is with finding the winning formula and that's what made her an excellent assistant, but a horrible head coach.

Holly will continue to start both Graves and Russell, the ball will continue to get stuck, and she'll keep saying she can't coach toughness. Holly is more concerned with players' egos than she is with finding the winning formula and that's what made her an excellent assistant, but a horrible head coach.
good grief some of you are just miserable .why not pull for another team instead of bashing this one ?

Reactions: 8 people
Efficiency could be a lot better we still had our usual ten turnovers trying to force the post. Something we should take completely out of the game plan. If we want to throw it into the post then Russell or whomever is in there has got to get more movement or clear some space. It is impossible to throw a pass into a non moving target with three players around her.

Reactions: 1 person
Efficiency could be a lot better we still had our usual ten turnovers trying to force the post. Something we should take completely out of the game plan. If we want to throw it into the post then Russell or whomever is in there has got to get more movement or clear some space. It is impossible to throw a pass into a non moving target with three players around her.

Good points,Volfan. I have wondered why with the triple teams at just about all points,the coaches haven't told Mercedes that if she wants a touch of the ball to get it off the backboard. Rule the boards,Mercedes,and while we're at it,stop swinging your arms and committing silly fouls against smaller players. Hold your arms straight up and see how many of those smaller players can shoot over you.

Good points,Volfan. I have wondered why with the triple teams at just about all points,the coaches haven't told Mercedes that if she wants a touch of the ball to get it off the backboard. Rule the boards,Mercedes,and while we're at it,stop swinging your arms and committing silly fouls against smaller players. Hold your arms straight up and see how many of those smaller players can shoot over you.

As others have noted on numerous occasions, not using a double post offense could help. When Graves adn Russell are both down low, it makes for a very crowded lane. When it is just one or the other, the floor is spread more and passing and driving lanes are more open.

As others have noted on numerous occasions, not using a double post offense could help. When Graves adn Russell are both down low, it makes for a very crowded lane. When it is just one or the other, the floor is spread more and passing and driving lanes are more open.

Madtown,you are right when the double post offense is double low post. A double post offense with one low post and one high post is one way to combat a zone defense,as the weak spot in the zone is around the foul line. Now,for someone to teach that-----

I was yelling this all last year with Izzy and Bash. You can't utilize Bash with a clogged paint. She worked better when Izzy was on the bench or at the high post. Same thing is happening with Mercedes. She started the season off working the high post area, but now since the ball is being dominated by the guards she's gone back to die in the post. She's a very underrated passer when she gets it in the free throw and she starts working that 2 on 2 game.

Reactions: 2 people
the game went about as it should have,the Offense is tarting to look a bit better,hopefully it is a sign that the Team is starting to get it together

Nared had a very good game,which is great to see,Cooper had another good offensive game,Russell did what she has been suppose to be doing all year and it was great to finally have a Dunbar siting,her Offense looked pretty good

I personally would of liked to see a lot more of Dunbar in the 4th period,one of the Annoucers said it was her defensive play that was keeping her out of games lately and some Meme,I assume that Meme is OK ?

dammit Middleton,take the shot,your wide open a lot and the defense is set,shoot it :) I'm sure you and us Fans will be surprised at how well you will do

I'm not at all sure what is going on with DeSheilds,has she been injured more this late in this season or not ?she doesn't look like her self for some reason

and for heavens sake,stop with all the dumb turnovers,we know they happen,but you have to do a lot better than this

and surprise surprise CHW had a good half time interview lol

VN Store

Back