Russia brings the fight to ISIS in Syria!!!

SIAP. Obama blames Republicans and Hillary for failed troop training strategy.

A new low in CoC activities - "I never really believed in the strategy and only did it because others were pressuring me." "They need to admit they were wrong".

But the White House says it is not to blame. The finger, it says, should be pointed not at Mr. Obama but at those who pressed him to attempt training Syrian rebels in the first place — a group that, in addition to congressional Republicans, happened to include former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In effect, Mr. Obama is arguing that he reluctantly went along with those who said it was the way to combat the Islamic State, but that he never wanted to do it and has now has been vindicated in his original judgment. The I-told-you-so argument, of course, assumes that the idea of training rebels itself was flawed and not that it was started too late and executed ineffectively, as critics maintain.

“It is true that we have found this to be a difficult challenge,” Mr. Earnest said. “But it is also true that many of our critics had proposed this specific option as essentially the cure-all for all of the policy challenges that we’re facing in Syria right now. That is not something that this administration ever believed, but it is something that our critics will have to answer for.”

U.S. support for Syria rebels illegal: Putin

AAePW58.img

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday branded U.S. support for rebel forces in Syria as illegal and ineffective, saying U.S.-trained rebels were leaving to join Islamic State with weapons supplied by Washington.

I'm still waiting to see Russia "bring" the fight to IS. So far all they are doing is talking.

Meanwhile, China brings the fight to ISIS, also...

Chinese Navy sets off for Syria - English pravda.ru

One thing that ISIS has done that no other entity or event has been able to do is unit the world around a common cause. We need to destroy ISIS and the world is behind the fight.

Igor Morozov, member of the Russian Federation Committee on International Affairs claimed about the beginning of the military operation by China against the IS terrorists. "It is known, that China has joined our military operation in Syria, the Chinese cruiser has already entered the Mediterranean, aircraft carrier follows it," Morozov said.

According to him, Iran may soon join the operation carried out by Russia against the IS terrorists, via Hezbollah. Thus, the Russian coalition in the region gains ground, and most reasonable step of the US would be to join it. Although the stance of Moscow and Washington on the ways of settlement of the Syrian conflict differs, nonetheless, low efficiency of the US coalition acts against terrorists is obvious. Islamists have just strengthened their positions.

so when is the hatred for China going to start? Who asked them to be there, Russia? What about the wants of the countries involved, in this case Syria? Again, you are using a double standard.

Also Iran is going to use their terrorists to fight other terrorists. again sounds very familiar. But the hatred from you is not there, I wonder why?

so when is the hatred for China going to start? Who asked them to be there, Russia? What about the wants of the countries involved, in this case Syria? Again, you are using a double standard.

Also Iran is going to use their terrorists to fight other terrorists. again sounds very familiar. But the hatred from you is not there, I wonder why?

Why should people be hating on China? Because they're an ally of Russia?

Or is it the fact that China, along with Russia, wants to help a democratically elected government rid these parasites of the middle east?......not aid them..

Why should people be hating on China? Because they're an ally of Russia?

Or is it the fact that China, along with Russia, wants to help a democratically elected government rid these parasites of the middle east?......not aid them..

China and Russia are expedient strategic partners; not philosophical allies. They'll never be allies. What we see at the moment is just a wedding of convenience which will crash very quickly in time.

And did you just say that the Assad regime is democratically elected? Buddy, I've heard a lot of good ones in my day, but that may be the best.

Congratulations.

By the way, you'd make a hell of a Russian politician.

Reactions: 2 people
China and Russia are expedient strategic partners; not philosophical allies. They'll never be allies. What we see at the moment is just a wedding of convenience which will crash very quickly in time.

And did you just say that the Assad regime is democratically elected? Buddy, I've heard a lot of good ones in my day, but that may be the best.

Congratulations.

By the way, you'd make a hell of a Russian politician.

Assad re-elected in wartime election - Al Jazeera English

Is it fun living in the state of denial and excuses constantly?

The opposition and its international backers have denounced the election as a farce, saying the two relatively unknown and state-approved challengers offered no real alternative to Assad.

Voting was held only in government-controlled areas, excluding vast chunks of northern and eastern Syria that are in rebel hands.

Keep trying.

Reactions: 4 people

Excellent Russian politician answer. Up is down, and down is up. You tell us that we're looking at the ground when our faces are staring up into the sky above us.

Three things about this comment of yours:

1. You're going to sit here and stare into our digital interfaces and tell us that a guy whose father ran that country for decades and who has now ran that country for over a decade is democratically elected? This might have some logic to it if the country was successful; it's not. It's a perpetually impoverished country that has now been at civil war for four years. Claiming that this guy is popularly elected therefore defies logic and common sense both.

2. In case you haven't noticed, Syria is in a civil war. This comment alone is enough to let us know the guy really isn't that popular.

3. In case you still haven't noticed, Syria is still in a civil war. To think that an election held during a state of civil war could remotely reflect the thinking of the majority of a nation's citizens is not only a ridiculous claim but, dare I say, a "state of denial."

Reactions: 1 person
Keep trying.

The Putin butt-kissers never cease to amuse, and they certainly never cease to provide entertainment.

Their underlying assumption about virtually everything is this: as long as it's not the US claiming it, it must be true.

It's kind of like the old man who's just now learned how to use the Internet and believes that everything he sees on it must be true.

Excellent Russian politician answer. Up is down, and down is up. You tell us that we're looking at the ground when our faces are staring up into the sky above us.

Three things about this comment of yours:

1. You're going to sit here and stare into our digital interfaces and tell us that a guy whose father ran that country for decades and who has now ran that country for over a decade is democratically elected? This might have some logic to it if the country was successful; it's not. It's a perpetually impoverished country that has now been at civil war for four years. Claiming that this guy is popularly elected therefore defies logic and common sense both.

2. In case you haven't noticed, Syria is in a civil war. This comment alone is enough to let us know the guy really isn't that popular.

3. In case you still haven't noticed, Syria is still in a civil war. To think that an election held during a state of civil war could remotely reflect the thinking of the majority of a nation's citizens is not only a ridiculous claim but, dare I say, a "state of denial."

Like Putin explains....Assad is fighting terrorists(your tax dollars) and not opposition..

Assad’s enemies may be portrayed as opposition, but he fights terrorists – Putin — RT News

I did. It said Assad was democratically elected president by a wide margin.

But, because Kerry denounced it?.... :crazy:

Poroshenko was democratically elected as well, so why do you and Ras insist it was only because of US interference that he's President of Ukraine?

because Putin denounced it?

Like Putin explains....Assad is fighting terrorists(your tax dollars) and not opposition..

Assad’s enemies may be portrayed as opposition, but he fights terrorists – Putin — RT News

Well if the guy who had 450 of his fellow citizens killed so that he could create a pseudo-war (just like in eastern Ukraine) in Chechnya to boost his dismal 1 percent approval prime minister ratings a month before the presidential elections (look it up) in 1999 said it, then it must be true.

Man, you're totally Butch Jonesing right now. My advice to you is that you judiciously use one of your two remaining timeouts.

Poroshenko was democratically elected as well, so why do you and Ras insist it was only because of US interference that he's President of Ukraine?

because Putin denounced it?

There are similarities. The whole country wasn't polled in either election. It wouldn't had mattered regardless.

The common theme here though, is American intervention into two democratically elected states. A coup in one and a war in the other that we are both responsible for.

Why do you support one election and not the other, being they're similar?

There are similarities. The whole country wasn't polled in either election. It wouldn't had mattered regardless.

The common theme here though, is American intervention into two democratically elected states. A coup in one and a war in the other that we are both responsible for.

The US is only a peripheral player in each of those conflicts you mention. Yes, without the invasion of Iraq there is most likely never an ISIS per se, but what we're witnessing in Syria was going to happen at some point. You can't have a dictatorial regime that denies national political consensus and expect to keep it going forever and ever. At some point, entropy will set in.

So, one thing for you to contemplate is Russia's propping up of failed states/regimes (at least in its current form in Syria and its previous form in Ukraine) that were only due to ultimately fail if no essential reforming was ever done. And credit to the people of western Ukraine: their asses are actually trying to make something of themselves and their country for once instead of constantly having Russia jackboot them.

Reform is the only answer, and the traditional Russian approach to both Ukraine and Syria will never work long term.

And you know why Putin pisses his pants about Ukraine and Syria? It's because he looks at each case and sees himself and Russia. He's terrified to death the same thing can happen to him, because he refuses to liberalize and to reform his nation and economy. (You can't be a quasi-authoritarian petrol state for ever and expect to have a good time.) And that's why he's kicked out basically all independent media and all "undesirable" NGOs. But his dumb ass doesn't realize those are precisely the things he shouldn't be doing.

Well if the guy who had 450 of his fellow citizens killed so that he could create a pseudo-war (just like in eastern Ukraine) in Chechnya to boost his dismal 1 percent approval prime minister ratings a month before the presidential elections (look it up) in 1999 said it, then it must be true.

Man, you're totally Butch Jonesing right now. My advice to you is that you judiciously use one of your two remaining timeouts.

Bring up things all the way back to the Bolshevik revolution I don't care. It doesn't change the fact that the US has destablized these two countries for regime change with a coup and 2 wars...

That's reality Dooley...

Bring up things all the way back to the Bolshevik revolution I don't care. It doesn't change the fact that the US has destablized these two countries for regime change with a coup and 2 wars...

That's reality Dooley...

I've got a good idea for you.

Why don't you go over there to Kiev and lecture those people about how wrong and misguided they are for turning their backs on big brother Russia and how they ought to stop this nonsense and listen to big brother Russia again. And all their problems will be solved.

I suppose I could ask you the same question. In the end, though, we just have to agree to disagree. You will find no fault in the machinations of Putin and I will not trust Putin to tell me that the sky is blue.

I've got a good idea for you.

Why don't you go over there to Kiev and lecture those people about how wrong and misguided they are for turning their backs on big brother Russia and how they ought to stop this nonsense and listen to big brother Russia again. And all their problems will be solved.

No reason to....they already realize they were better off..

VN Store

Back