Tennessee draft streak

Thanks AJ. Thanks Dooley! Fortunately this will be the last time for several years to come this sort of thing will happen.

Reactions: 2 people
You know, this really pisses me off...I will never ever take for granted the good years, and the good players that wore the orange and white.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd care more if the streak actually meant something.

I sort of feel this way as well. What does being the 31st pick of the 7th round really mean? I'm more concerned about what the players accomplish while at UT. I don't really care where they're drafted.

It's been a bad era for UT that hopefully is behind us.

I sort of feel this way as well. What does being the 31st pick of the 7th round really mean? I'm more concerned about what the players accomplish while at UT. I don't really care where they're drafted.

One of the few times I actually agree with you.

Dude got burned his whole career at ut.. I would have loved to see our streak continue but he's no where close to an nfl player. Imo

Mean something? Of course it means something. We're talking about it, which alone is proof that it's one of those stats out there that serve as indicators of the long-term success of a program over decades. # of wins all-time ... # of bowls and bowl wins all-time ... # of NFL players all-time ... # of years with an NFL draftee ... etc.

There are small "clubs" of teams at the top end of each of those lists. Tennessee is in most of them. But we just got shown the door on this one, and--unfortunately--it's one you can never get back into once you're out. That's the real pity of the streak getting broken.

Plus, this is one of those markers you can put down on the coffee table in that 5* high school recruit's living room. Want to get to the NFL, son? We've sent players there every single year ... only six teams in all of College football can say that. Oops. We can't say that any more.

It's not a catastrophe, we still have a ton of other positive selling points in recruiting, and other laurels to show that we're one of the all-time elite programs in the nation. But each time we lose one of those, it's painful. As it should be.

That's why it means something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Well, it's over.

Some Vol fans and rival fans will try to make a big deal of it.

Reality is, it means little too nothing considering how young this football team is.

At least you admit you Don't care about the players, just if they make you feel better about your team. Of course you're old and hateful, so your entitlement fits you like a glove.

VN Store

Back