Coming out of retirement... paint the rock for Richmond!!!

Wow that's very amateur looking. The effort is appreciated but that's got to get fixed fast with some artistic talent.

I think this is depressing. They look so da*n proud of themselves...

I guess it's sort of like artwork from your artistically challenged little kid. They tried to draw Mommy and Daddy, but it looks like a giant penis with two off-center arms waving down a Flamingo with a Picasso face. Yet you know you gotta put that up on the fridge no matter what. You swallow the giggle, stick that mess up, and then go laugh-cry into your pillow. And you hope to God your kid isn't as challenged as her drawing makes her look.

That's how we should treat Orange_White_Vol. We just gotta hope that Richmond realizes that our kid drew it, and that it wasn't our own handiwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Problem is it looks like crap and its on the weekend before national signing day. Literally our last chance to impress recruits and some kids thought they could go help out by painting the rock. Don't paint the rock unless you have someone with some experience in...ya know...art? Or common sense (like someone who knows how to measure and get letters/lines straight)? Or has done this before? These kids went at it like a bunch of amateurs so this is what we get.

Not even going to give them an A for effort because they are probably some stupid freshmen from some local frat. And I hate stupid freshmen from local frats. So yeah I hope someone fixes this. Since we're Tennessee and we only strive for the best of the best and....someone please do it! The Rock is too good of a recruiting tool to use it like this....

The Rock in its current state:
B8oa0w_JCIAIOP.jpg

LOicMJA.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
problem is it looks like crap and its on the weekend before national signing day. Literally our last chance to impress recruits and some kids thought they could go help out by painting the rock. Don't paint the rock unless you have someone with some experience in...ya know...art? Or common sense (like someone who knows how to measure and get letters/lines straight)? Or has done this before? These kids went at it like a bunch of amateurs so this is what we get.

Not even going to give them an a for effort because they are probably some stupid freshmen from some local frat. And i hate stupid freshmen from local frats. So yeah i hope someone fixes this. Since we're tennessee and we only strive for the best of the best and....someone please do it! The rock is too good of a recruiting tool to use it like this....

this

Last edited:
Problem is it looks like crap and its on the weekend before national signing day. Literally our last chance to impress recruits and some kids thought they could go help out by painting the rock. Don't paint the rock unless you have someone with some experience in...ya know...art? Or common sense (like someone who knows how to measure and get letters/lines straight)? Or has done this before? These kids went at it like a bunch of amateurs so this is what we get.

Not even going to give them an A for effort because they are probably some stupid freshmen from some local frat. And I hate stupid freshmen from local frats. So yeah I hope someone fixes this. Since we're Tennessee and we only strive for the best of the best and....someone please do it! The Rock is too good of a recruiting tool to use it like this....

The Rock in its current state:
B8oa0w_JCIAIOP.jpg

LOicMJA.jpg

Daaaaaa*mn that's pretty harsh Kirby. I think they made a goofy looking rock, but i don't think it's to the point where we should put them in stocks on the Ped Walkway and pelt them with pebbles. Having struggled to paint a flat wall, I'm sure a rock isn't exactly the most forgiving canvas. And it *was* going to be unpainted most likely had they not done it.

It's better than nothing, and maybe it'll tickle Richmond's funny bone. He can bond with Butch over it. Nothing brings people together like a good laugh.

Last edited:
I think this is depressing. They look so da*n proud of themselves...

I guess it's sort of like artwork from your artistically challenged little kid. They tried to draw Mommy and Daddy, but it looks like a giant penis with two off-center arms waving down a Flamingo with a Picasso face. Yet you know you gotta put that up on the fridge no matter what. You swallow the giggle, stick that mess up, and then go laugh-cry into your pillow. And you hope to God your kind isn't as challenged as her drawing makes her look.

That's how we should treat Orange_White_Vol. We just gotta hope that Richmond realizes that our kid drew it, and that it wasn't our own handiwork.

I couldn't breathe I was laffing so hard. And yes I have kids so I can def relate.

Bravo sir! :hi:

I decided my future because my name was on a rock.
Meh

Well, no...of course nobody does that, at least not intentionally. But picking a school, evaluating a trip, or deciding how you feel about someone/something is incredibly difficult, based on a lot of below-the-surface emotional responses, and not entirely rational.

Drew might never say "I'm definitely going to UT because a few kids apparently drew my name on a big rock with lipstick and crayons" but he might really think it is cool seeing that, which influences how he feels about the rest of the visit.

VN Store

Back